£150k the rumoured fee for Gale

snapski

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

barba earned the nickname "box office barba" over here with in no time, gale wouldn't get a run out with the Melbourne storm 3rd reserves (the seagulls would prob swoop down and nick his wig mistaking it for a dead koala anyway) 

Gale is a class player - take it you were too busy watching Storms 3rd team when he and Cass were playing amazing Rugby a couple of years ago.

How many of Storms 3rd team have played in a RLWC or Grand Final?

Seems like every SL player who goes to the NRL these days is suddenly a great player - think that says as much about SL as it does the NRL. Really isn't that big a jump- if you are a Top player in SL you will probably be a top player in the NRL and that usually works both ways. There are exceptions, just look at how poor Todd Carney was in SL - he just couldn't control a game.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Ah okay - I thought this was about their rugby abilities but I can see now it's not.

Don't like Gale do you, Johnny? 

to be honest mate I hope I am proved wrong and  the guy comes good, it just seems like an endless merry go round of 30 somethings when there should be younger talent chomping at the bit, that's what frustrates me, but never mind lets all appreciate danny broughs tactical kicking skills again next year instead of getting exited about emerging young stars

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I'm not sure why fans get too hung up on transfer fees. Leeds can afford £150k, it aint a big deal. There aren't many decent halves knocking around, Gale has some weaknesses and question marks over his injury record in recent years, but he is a very good SL player and if he gets a good run could be a very good signing for them.

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

to be honest mate I hope I am proved wrong and  the guy comes good, it just seems like an endless merry go round of 30 somethings when there should be younger talent chomping at the bit, that's what frustrates me, but never mind lets all appreciate danny broughs tactical kicking skills again next year instead of getting exited about emerging young stars

And yet the the Aussie press are all over Cooper Cronk....

35 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Do Melbourne Storm have a 3rd team?

Not to my knowledge. But they let Scott Drinkwater from their 2nd team join North Queensland for first team action and he’s a long way short of Gale’s ability 

35 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

That's the thing. Whether its 150k, 1.5m or 15m it's only expensive relative to what you have.

Gale is worth more to Leeds because he costs less on the cap. Yeah they are probably paying a premium but if you have it what does it matter?

If Leeds get 3 years of gale at 75% of what he has been it's a game changer for them

For what Gale is costing on the cap it is a good bit of business by them which is one thing that people are missing about the deal

Gale will go very well for Leeds.  He is quality, simple as.  He will also bring the best out of the players around him.

At less than 75k on the cap it's an no-brainer for Leeds regardless of the fee or recent injuries.

In terms of his injuries, I believe he is pretty much fully fit.  I suspect if it wasn't for this deal he'd have got a few games under his belt this season for Cas.  Realistically the rest of Gales body has had time to reccuparate, no playing through pain, niggles, stress on joints etc! so providing the ACL is okay he will be starting next year in peak condition after a full pre- season.

The deal makes sense for all parties, especially if Powell can work his magic on Richardson.

I had high hopes for Richardson when he broke into the Saints 1st team but there are certain key aspects of his game that just haven't improved at all. His defence is still terrible (and this is probably why Fages is consistently selected ahead of him) and his game management is pretty non-existent.

He's won Saints a few games over the last few years with his goal kicking but given he only has a year left on his contract selling him to Cas now is probably the best option all round for player and club.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

21 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

If the reported fee is right, could Cas be persuaded to spend some of it on the Gentlemen's Inconveniences at the Mend a Hose Jungle?

Aye that should but plenty of porta-loo's. They should even have enough change left to buy a porta-cabin they can convert into the 'Angela Powers' baby changing facility !

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Archived