International RL Eligibility - List of Players Eligible for...

• 3 months later...
Just now, Pulga said:

Man, I've been waiting for these updates. Excellent stuff. Can't wait for more.

It’s a difficult time as I’m waiting for Australian based clubs to begin round 1 so I can use team lists without trialists etc.

Jamaica were a straight forward one as 99% of them are UK based.

Next update will likely be mid-march

1 minute ago, welshmagpie said:

It’s a difficult time as I’m waiting for Australian based clubs to begin round 1 so I can use team lists without trialists etc.

Jamaica were a straight forward one as 99% of them are UK based.

Next update will likely be mid-march

Awesome mate. Can't wait to see what heritages get thrown up.

new rise.jpg

• 1 month later...

Mate heres more players eligible for America 

Joseph Vuna 2nd Row NZ Warriors qualifies by birth born in California 

Nathan Massey Prop Castleford Tigers qualifies well he played for them in 2007 came off the bench

Constantine Mika 2nd Row/Lock Toulouse Olympique qualifies through American Samoan heritage and was on that list the USARL put out with potential RLWC qualifying players 

Rory Humphreys Lock Ipswich Jets qualifies well he represented them in the RLWC qualifiers v Cook Island

Khan Ahwang Winger West Brisbane Panthers qualifies through his american dad

On 18/03/2020 at 07:09, Quinn said:

Mate heres more players eligible for America 

Joseph Vuna 2nd Row NZ Warriors qualifies by birth born in California 

Nathan Massey Prop Castleford Tigers qualifies well he played for them in 2007 came off the bench

Constantine Mika 2nd Row/Lock Toulouse Olympique qualifies through American Samoan heritage and was on that list the USARL put out with potential RLWC qualifying players 

Rory Humphreys Lock Ipswich Jets qualifies well he represented them in the RLWC qualifiers v Cook Island

Khan Ahwang Winger West Brisbane Panthers qualifies through his american dad

Thanks buddy.

I do not really like  any of these modern eligibility rules,  but we are stuck with them.

Of more impotrant issue may i draw attention to possible rules for our own (SL/RFL) "Origin" series... Lancs v Yorks (or West v East Pennines)

Given the possible cancellation of the internationals, but in any event the benefits to us of a competitive origin, would it not be a good idea to take a reasonably wide view about eligibility and put on a competitive end of season  competition. Would it really be a bad thing, at least in the circumstances, if we  selected the best we could??   The NRL rules are it seems to me quite wide and used to be even wider I believe.

But eventually once restarted the game will need coverage, interest , enthusiasm! It would help for England selection.  Something novel is needed and we need to get the "Pennines" idea running soon!

5 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

I do not really like  any of these modern eligibility rules,  but we are stuck with them.

Of more impotrant issue may i draw attention to possible rules for our own (SL/RFL) "Origin" series... Lancs v Yorks (or West v East Pennines)

Given the possible cancellation of the internationals, but in any event the benefits to us of a competitive origin, would it not be a good idea to take a reasonably wide view about eligibility and put on a competitive end of season  competition. Would it really be a bad thing, at least in the circumstances, if we  selected the best we could??   The NRL rules are it seems to me quite wide and used to be even wider I believe.

But eventually once restarted the game will need coverage, interest , enthusiasm! It would help for England selection.  Something novel is needed and we need to get the "Pennines" idea running soon!

So where does that leave all the players that are not Lancs or Yorkshire? You might not have noticed but, Rugby League is not confined to’The Pennines’ these days. What about Cumbrian lads, London products etc ??

• Like 1

11 hours ago, burnleywelsh said:

So where does that leave all the players that are not Lancs or Yorkshire? You might not have noticed but, Rugby League is not confined to’The Pennines’ these days. What about Cumbrian lads, London products etc ??

And how does that limit non NSW and Queensland players in their so called origin series.  The fact is they have ways to exempt these rules.  The survive and prosper.

Are you also deaf and blind?  I specifically suggested that we have "wide" eligibility.  I specifically suggested a name "Pennines" as a way to get away from Lancs & Yorks as a narrow limit.

But hey... Why should I bother.   Let other clever people come up with ways to save the game.

• 2 weeks later...

That english winger who also plays for wakefield Tom Johnstone was born in Germany but realistically will never play for them

Also winger/center Delouise Hoeter who plays in the Qld Cup for Wynnum is  tongan with German decent not too sure how far back his heritage goes though 

Also got bored so here are some other random nations 

Serbia

Tom and Jake Trbojevic (Manly)

Nick Cotric (Canberra)

Tom Opacic (North Queensland)

Jason Muranka Keighly Cougars 

Turkey

Aiden Seizer (Huddersfield)

Emer Guler (Canberra)

Malta

Bronson Xerri (Sharks) Wing

Sean O’ Sullivan (Brisbane Broncos) HB

Jarrod Summut (Leigh)HB

Jake Mamo (Warrington) FB

Tyler Cassel (Blacktown Workers) Lock

Cowen Epere (Windsor Wolves) Prop

Edited by Quinn

4 hours ago, Quinn said:

That english winger who also plays for wakefield Tom Johnstone was born in Germany but realistically will never play for them

Also winger/center Delouise Hoeter who plays in the Qld Cup for Wynnum is  tongan with German decent not too sure how far back his heritage goes though 

Also got bored so here are some other random nations 

Serbia

Tom and Jake Trbojevic (Manly)

Nick Cotric (Canberra)

Tom Opacic (North Queensland)

Jason Muranka Keighly Cougars 

Turkey

Aiden Seizer (Huddersfield)

Emer Guler (Canberra)

Malta

Bronson Xerri (Sharks) Wing

Sean O’ Sullivan (Brisbane Broncos) HB

Jarrod Summut (Leigh)HB

Jake Mamo (Warrington) FB

Tyler Cassel (Blacktown Workers) Lock

Cowen Epere (Windsor Wolves) Prop

Thanks buddy, I have all of those. Unfortunately Hoeter is great-grandparentage.

I was due to update the lists mid-April but COVID has put paid to that as I’ve only had one lot of Aussie team lists to work through. 

Great work Welshmagpie

I think every player when they play a first grade match (or at least NSW/QLD cup in Oz) should have to fill out in their registration form the international team they want to play for and also the nations they are eligible for. Creating a database of professional RL players for the international game. 

It would also help whoever at sky is putting the little flags next to the players names.

• Haha 1

On 19/03/2020 at 22:45, burnleywelsh said:

Gwent was Yorkist in the War of the Roses and we can carry a grudge for centuries.

??

• Haha 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Great work Welshmagpie

I think every player when they play a first grade match (or at least NSW/QLD cup in Oz) should have to fill out in their registration form the international team they want to play for and also the nations they are eligible for. Creating a database of professional RL players for the international game. 

It would also help whoever at sky is putting the little flags next to the players names.

This actually sort of already happens.

In Queensland and NSW theirs a section on their registration for each season asking where their parents and grandparents are born. 

12 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

This actually sort of already happens.

In Queensland and NSW theirs a section on their registration for each season asking where their parents and grandparents are born. 

Great! Hopefully it gets going here for the players as much as the national federations.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, welshmagpie said:

https://hecanplayfor.weebly.com/ireland-2020.html

A massive 78* pro/semi-pro players eligible for Ireland.

*unfortunately I’ve forgotten to include Ronan Michael in the list but he’s included in the number.

If all of their eligible SL players were available they have a very handy side. 

They had a cracking mainly SL based side at the last world cup, its a shame we haven't seen a game between them and England. 

Updated today with Lebanon and Malta.

Whats apparent?

Lebanon - desperately need their NRL players available to compete especially Moses and Doueihi, though there are some good young players coming through like the Rizk brothers, Jacob Kiraz and Charbel Tasipale, which they hope will top up their top-level ranks post 2021 - Lebanon couldn’t become a serious contender for 2025 looking at what’s coming through for them.

Malta - have some quality, even in the NRL, but have nowhere near the quantity to compete with the top 10 nations. Even if they could call on Xerri, O’Sullivan and Cini it likely wouldn’t happen due to the low-level/low-stake competition that Malta have access to. If their local and lower-grade players can get them promoted through the European divisions then this may well lure their NRL contingent.

Edited by welshmagpie