International RL Eligibility - List of Players Eligible for...

2 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

Interesting!

You can certainly get a competitive seventeen from half a dozen of this year's list.

I know it's outside the remit of the website but I'd love to see a list of  (mainly) France-based players who qualify for Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia. That could make for a memorable tri-series!!

1 hour ago, Number 16 said:

Interesting!

You can certainly get a competitive seventeen from half a dozen of this year's list.

I know it's outside the remit of the website but I'd love to see a list of  (mainly) France-based players who qualify for Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia. That could make for a memorable tri-series!!

I’ve always wanted to have a go mate, the language barrier may be an issue - though I’m sure an easily navigable one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If would be nice to know what other countries some of the rep nrl players qualify for

(by rep players who have played  for the  Indigenous all stars, City or Country and Origin but never a proper international)

players like for example:

Josh Reynolds, Ash Taylor, Kyle Feldt, Brodie Croft and Gavin Cooper etc

imagine them lining up for other nations 

1 hour ago, Quinn said:

If would be nice to know what other countries some of the rep nrl players qualify for

(by rep players who have played  for the  Indigenous all stars, City or Country and Origin but never a proper international)

All of the above are Australia only.

Reynolds needs thorough checking - he claims Brit and Lebanon (but both seem iffy)

Feldt has a Norwegian grandparent/grandparent - in process of confirming which. 

18 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

All of the above are Australia only.

Reynolds needs thorough checking - he claims Brit and Lebanon (but both seem iffy)

Feldt has a Norwegian grandparent/grandparent - in process of confirming which. 

"asked him a serious question and said, 'what village or part of Lebanon are you from?' He started laughing and said, 'Nah, I'm not [from Lebanon]. I just grew up amongst the culture and the people'.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/canterbury-bulldogs-spiritual-leader-josh-reynolds-bracing-for-belmore-goodbye-20170706-gx5umw.html

Edited by Quinn

• 1 month later...
On 11/05/2020 at 12:26, Quinn said:

Feldt have norwegians grand parents 

Charnze nicoll-klokstad is also of norwegian descent 

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 16:13, welshmagpie said:

Added all 65 players eligible for Wales today. It’s a pretty handy list, plenty of established and emerging talent.

https://hecanplayfor.weebly.com

Great work welshmagpie. Interesting to read all the lists and do a bit of player research.

Few more Welsh players - Dafydd Jones - Salford, Dewi Billingham / James McGurk - Bradford, Kieran Lewis - Huddersfield, Kyle Huish - Wigan, Ewan Badham - Hull.

Keep up the good work ?

On 20/06/2020 at 16:39, Young Blood said:

Hey great work Welsh Magpie, how do you find out this info . Can you do an Italy see what players they have ? Also what players qualify for Serbia through great grandparents trying to finish my Serbia team on PlayStation . 
regards . 

Great Grandparents don't qualify players.

new rise.jpg

On 20/06/2020 at 07:39, Young Blood said:

Hey great work Welsh Magpie, how do you find out this info . Can you do an Italy see what players they have ? Also what players qualify for Serbia through great grandparents trying to finish my Serbia team on PlayStation . 
regards . 

Much of it is dialogue with players themselves

The truth is that the notion of a World Cup in rugby league is absurd. The game is a regional game in the North of England and the East coast areas of Australia.. Nothing wrong with that. 

I'm Irish. The reality is that the RLWC makes no impression in Ireland and the Irish team gets no support for two reasons.

1. League has little or no fanbase in a heavily contested sporting landscape

2. The team is not Irish.

The concept is artificial.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

i have to agree with you that if you want youngsters to play in Ireland then there has to be an aspiration.  if they believe that there is no way for them to represent their country then many will just not bother.  I would say the pinnacle of most players is to play for their country if possible and the best place to do this is at a World Cup.  There has to be winners and losers but taking part and rubbing shoulders with the best Rugby League players in the world must be fantastic.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, stevevalerugby said:

i have to agree with you that if you want youngsters to play in Ireland then there has to be an aspiration.  if they believe that there is no way for them to represent their country then many will just not bother.  I would say the pinnacle of most players is to play for their country if possible and the best place to do this is at a World Cup.  There has to be winners and losers but taking part and rubbing shoulders with the best Rugby League players in the world must be fantastic.

Steve I am a perfect example of an Irish person ( so not from the heartland ) who was attracted to the game.

I had no interest at all in RL as a kid until I saw Challenge Cup finals on TV. You remember all those Widnes finals in the late 1970s and Eddie Waring etc? I thought it was great and started to talk about it and no one ( no one) was interested. I would watch the Grandstand games on Saturday afternoon if I wasn't out and no one else even knew they were on. None of my friends even knew what the Challenge Cup was. I had my teams I supported before I had ever visited the towns in question and this may sound strange but actually visiting those towns was a big thrill.

The game attracts fans outside the heartland by having people see the game and if they become fans great. We can't make it artificial. I was attracted to the game because it was REAL in Yorkshire and Lancashire and because it was a great game.As a kid I wouldn't have been attracted to Ireland in the RLWC. Not real you see?  It'll always be minority ( and do I mean minority !!! ) in places like Ireland and it is the real thing that will attract not artificail concepts. What attracted me was seeing town teams play like men possessed in real competition.

Edited by noobiefana
  • Like 2

Nathan Peats can play for Greece.

Roger-Tuivasa Sheck can play for China

Euan Aitken and Christian Welch for Poland

Jackson Hastings mother was born in USA. 
Serbia can have decent squad Trbojevic brothers , Nic Cotric Paul Momroski and Nathan Cleary who is of Croatian decent but due to it being part Yugoslavia he can play for any current  nation that was part Yugoslavia . 

22 hours ago, Young Blood said:

Nathan Peats can play for Greece.

Roger-Tuivasa Sheck can play for China

Euan Aitken and Christian Welch for Poland

Jackson Hastings mother was born in USA. 
Serbia can have decent squad Trbojevic brothers , Nic Cotric Paul Momroski and Nathan Cleary who is of Croatian decent but due to it being part Yugoslavia he can play for any current  nation that was part Yugoslavia . 

I wonder if jack Hastings will put his hand up for America seeing that the new England coach isnt gonna pick aussies in the squad and australia will never pick him lol

also imagine hastings pairing with Jarome Luai in the Halves with Mulitalo at full back or wing

Edited by Quinn

19 minutes ago, Quinn said:

I wonder if jack Hastings will put his hand up for America seeing that the new England coach isnt gonna pick aussies in the squad and australia will never pick him lol

also imagine hastings pairing with Jarome Luai in the Halves with Mulitalo at full back or wing

With them not being in the World Cup it’ll be a no to all 3.

Luai and Mulitalo will he aiming for Samoa selection.

Also isn’t there a rule if a player has spent five year or more in a country they are eligble to rep them so pretty much all the players from Toronto Wolfpack will soon be allowed to rep Canada

• 3 weeks later...

Netherlands  Ryan Papenhuyzen  (Melbourne Storm)

Chile  Marcelo Montoya (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs) Parents born in Chile.  Also qualifies for Fiji as place of birth.

The Gambia  Moses Mbye  (Wests Tigers)

Nigeria  Jayden Okunbor  (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)

Edited by Manfred Mann
  • Like 1