Who do you want in Super League

Who do you want to gain promotion?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to gain promotion?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • Featherstone Rovers

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the game as a whole needs to decide what it wants to be. If we want promotion and relegation to give the likes of Featherstone a crack at playing in the highest tier, then we can't moan if high profile sponsors and/or broadcasters aren't queuing up to offer us lucrative deals. No offence, but I can't imagine a village in West Yorkshire with a population of circa 15k is going to be a massively attractive draw for potential sponsors compared to a city in Canada with a population of 2.7m.

I would like an expanded Super League that includes Toronto, Toulouse and London. Be great for the the team and fans if Featherstone do win the Final However it would not be so great for Super league and the sport if a team with virtually no strategic value were to take the promotion place.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

If we have Toronto and Tolouse ready and primed stuck in the championship and Fev get promoted we really are doomed. 

I really couldn't care less if they deserved it on the field. Fair play to them but they are nothing but a feeder club who survive on Dual Registration who couldn't field a full squad only 12 months ago. Yet Toronto are the ones who have to provide extra due diligence. 

43 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

I think the game as a whole needs to decide what it wants to be. If we want promotion and relegation to give the likes of Featherstone a crack at playing in the highest tier, then we can't moan if high profile sponsors and/or broadcasters aren't queuing up to offer us lucrative deals. No offence, but I can't imagine a village in West Yorkshire with a population of circa 15k is going to be a massively attractive draw for potential sponsors compared to a city in Canada with a population of 2.7m.

rovers would be a breath of fresh air to SL people are bored shattless of the same teams and there plastic fans, dont underestimate the drawing power of that little village that is featherstone. People should remember most teams in SL are run down northern towns that the rest of the country doesnt care a jot about and yet they put themselves on some kind of a pedestal how dare they 

Aberdeen

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I am a Fev fan so obviously I would like to see my team promoted.

However I do not see the comments of those wishing Toronto to go up as anything anti Fev per se, as I would expect them to answer the same way if it was any heartland club v Toronto in the final. Whether any of us like it or not though, at the beginning of the season it was stated that the winner of the Grand Final will be promoted, so whoever it is they will have earned their crack at it.

5 minutes ago, gingdong said:

wigan, hull, salford dont own a ground, wakey cas play in derelict grounds wakey dont even have a training ground who in gods name do the SL clubs think they are

Some clubs that you think own a ground don't.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Fev without a doubt.  Some good local derbies and, more importantly, their fans could lose the chip on their shoulder from the aftermath of Asa Amone's knock on.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

4 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Fev without a doubt.  Some good local derbies and, more importantly, their fans could lose the chip on their shoulder from the aftermath of Asa Amone's knock on.

Too soon

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Archived