How Confident Against Fev?

RayCee

So it’s Fev and not most people's expectation of Toulouse. Personally I feel Fev are more of a challenge. They have a smart coach and are confident. That said, the WP have a great coach and a strong roster. It should be Toronto going into SL.

Ironically, with TWP conceding much in the way of demands to SL clubs, those clubs must now be hoping like mad that the WP qualify. Fev don’t have the same conditions so would stop the extra payout SL clubs have lined up for themselves. I really want RL to grow internationally so want Toronto in SL, but If not I would at least have pleasure in seeing the self serving SL clubs miss out on their ‘windfall’.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

If Fev win, they deserve the title by winning four away games on the trot.

That said, they have a short turn around and must be a bit banged up.  TWP need to be patient, get on top up front and then start to play wide. I'm 75% confident.

30 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

100 %  Wolfpack are ready for SL   the question is are they ready for us?

Fev running hard, Fev hitting hard.  

Wolfpack running super duper hard, Wolfpack hitting super duper heavy.

We got 'em!

21 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Fev running hard, Fev hitting hard.  

Wolfpack running super duper hard, Wolfpack hitting super duper heavy.

We got 'em!

All I can hope for is a good, hard but fair, game of rugby and let the best team win. Obviously I am hoping my boys do the business, but should the Wolfpack win then all the best in Super League. Hopefully the powers that be will allow whoever wins to join the cabal! 

honestly I don't think it matters who we face this year, seeing the last game against Toulouse and all the interviews with the players, Big Mac and Wilkins just shows they are on a different level and we're taking that W.

I'm totally ok with a one side game for us as I'm driving and can't drink to steady the nerves!!!! lol.

46 minutes ago, Canis Lupus said:

All we can ask for. Whoever wins to go up and upset SL.

Agree, SL needs a kick in the pants and we will deliver it. Plus we are entering the challenge cup so I sure hope Air Transat treats us fans well as I can see a couple or so supporter trips in the cards for many of us in 2020. Wolfpack uber alles!

You will be playing a jaded, injured team on paper you should win, but Featherstone are dowty back to the walls fighters so you should have a hard match with lots up for grabs.

Let it be a good match, shame it is not on terrestrial tv.

53 minutes ago, RogerT said:

You will be playing a jaded, injured team on paper you should win, but Featherstone are dowty back to the walls fighters so you should have a hard match with lots up for grabs.

It's not on TV? Really?

Wilkin was on the BBC 5live podcast and he said that fev were the two toughest games for our guys, the Leeds effect is making them play very SL like copared to the rest.

Pretty excited for the weekend, Sims last game ever too!! He will be giving it his all in every carry and tackle. He gave my son his boot's from the home opener last year, might have a drawing for him this weekend to wish him all the best in retirement.

2 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

It's not on TV? Really?

Wilkin was on the BBC 5live podcast and he said that fev were the two toughest games for our guys, the Leeds effect is making them play very SL like copared to the rest.

Pretty excited for the weekend, Sims last game ever too!! He will be giving it his all in every carry and tackle. He gave my son his boot's from the home opener last year, might have a drawing for him this weekend to wish him all the best in retirement.

It's on Sky Sports in the UK, CBC Livestream and Game TV in Canada.

I just hope the game doesn't turn on some questionable decision by the referee. No matter who that benefits the conspiracy theorists will be out in full force.

4 hours ago, RogerT said:

Roger, can u access the CBC livestream in the UK?

as you say Fev not to be taken lightly, they are scrappers (they are Yorkshiremen after all!) but our boys are  so pumped I know we are on for a helluva match. wish u were here mate!

It's on Sky Sports Main Event, so it will surely be on in many pubs.

I tried to watch Toronto Toulouse from Belgium on CBC stream, couldn't get through and the French bein sports is also blocked in Belgium. So Irish pub time for me next Saturday.

4 hours ago, CanadianRugger said:

For those trying to watch CBC Sports Streams from another country.  May I suggest IPVanish or NordVPN.  

You're welcome.

I wonder if it would work in NZ. I get blocked regularly from watching games. Sky TV UK blocks me from a 2 minute highlights video. The NRL doesn’t for its games at least. IPVanish sounds promising.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

bottom line

all the pressure on TWP to perform 

having all the pressure sometimes  makes you try a little bit too hard 

trying a little bit too hard sometimes makes you make mistakes 

all FEV can do is stick to the game plan and if it's not good enough then  all of FEV will say well done TWP  good luck  in SL ?

4 hours ago, POR said:

bottom line

all FEV can do is stick to the game plan and if it's not good enough then  all of FEV will say well done TWP  good luck  in SL ?

•  

i AGREE WITH THAT.....

Its clearly 'money time' for TWP and they are under pressure to produce.....I don't see a problem but Fev is good and must make and take advantage of EVERY Toronto error to have a chance.

Really looking forward to this one!

4 hours ago, POR said:

bottom line

•  

It's all one can ask, give it your all and see where it goes. both teams will be thinking that.

the whole reason Big mac & Wilkin were brought in was to deal with that pressure.

I'm absolutely thrilled to be at the game tomorrow, can't wait to see how it goes.

Play their game - as they have been doing. Avoid silly penalties - as they have been doing. And they will win - as they have been doing.

This outcome will of course give the Olympic class whingers more reason to moan about the unfairness of it all - as they have been doing.

And we will ignore them and celebrate instead - as we have been doing.  On to SuperLeague!

Archived