2020 Challange CUP!!!

Krzzystuff

4 hours ago, manu266 said:

Manchester Airport, you will see me a lot next season.

I wonder what are these special conditions... I guess no home game in Toronto but what else?

reduced payout from revenues earned at games.

I think it's a fair compromise.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Argyle will do whatever he can to get accepted to SL next year and be in the CC to get as much exposure as possible so when the TV deal is being finalized he will tell the 11 gluttons and their puppet that he wants an equal share of the prize and he's not paying for other team anymore or he walks away. The next tv deal will be heavily reliant on us and they will need us and we will have them in a squirrel grip. if it was one of them in that position they would naturally be greedy and demand more than everyone but Argyles had enough poutine to go for equal share for all...and voting rights...because the 11 gluttons cant be trusted...cuz they are dumb.

Other news some exposure on Yahoo sports...not .ca its the big time .com folks!

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/wolfpack-on-verge-on-mainstream-ascension-while-using-raptors-as-model-163702518.html

1 hour ago, ojx said:

I have no problem playing the part time teams away whatever the draw is, but if we are drawn against professional SL teams at home, the game should be in Toronto.

I totally agree but this is just a small part of a larger quid, pro, quo that is currently happening between Toronto and SL with Rimmer looking in.  Its a negotiation not unlike the one below, and I mean that in all seriousness.  Argyle vs. Elstone;  THE DRAMA BEHIND THE CURRENT SCENE IS CRAZY!

15 hours ago, ojx said:

I have no problem playing the part time teams away whatever the draw is, but if we are drawn against professional SL teams at home, the game should be in Toronto.

Stop making sense now!  People might not like what you have to say!

I'm on a timeout from Cross-code for challenging the narrative ?

• 4 months later...

We are in next round and the draw is today, 6.30 uk, 1.30 ET live on our league and bbc websites and all Wolfpack fans will be represented by Sandy Shipley.

Survivors of previous rounds and Bottom 4 of last year SL minus Broncos are in too. There is no seeding I believe, So we could face any team from Workington to Wakefield.

Games to be played 14-15 March. 2 will be streamed live, one on BBC the other on our league.

Its gonna be Huddersfield probably the toughest draw possible.

Sandy drew us for a home game but as you know we are not allowed to host on that competition. We dont get any money either, no international broadcast, just extra costs and potential injuries.

We should pass.

Just now, manu266 said:

Sandy drew us for a home game but as you know we are not allowed to host on that competition. We dont get any money either, no international broadcast, just extra costs and potential injuries.

We should pass.

No  we should go in and beat them!

51 minutes ago, manu266 said:

We should pass.

Hope we play a weakened team and get knocked out. I have no interest in this competition until we can play our home games at home.

48 minutes ago, ojx said:

Hope we play a weakened team and get knocked out.

lol i found this funny as we really just have bough to field one team currently for any and all games.

Given the struggles were having with headcount I say that dropping out early would be best. We have been laying rather well considering its the first year in SL and we're playing last years top teams right off the bat but our squad needs a rest more than anyone else.

No interest whatsoever in the Challenge Cup. It's just one if those weird archaic things in Eurosports. Our focus should be on winning as many League games as possible to ensure SL survival. Winning the CC doesn't mean much if we're relegated from Super League.

I'd rather lose than win and come out if the game with a couple of injuries. If we had a deep squad and could play some young guys to get them some experience it'd be entirely different but for now survival in the SL MUST be the team's priority.

On 24/02/2020 at 11:40, ojx said:

Hope we play a weakened team and get knocked out. I have no interest in this competition until we can play our home games at home.

100% in agreement.  Meaningless competition that we get zero benefit from.

sorry not with you boys on this one...the CC is in many ways RL's Holy Grail..it is held in proper reverence by true-blue RL fans..like every match we enter we put on a good show win or lose..if we are to be accepted by the masses we should and must treat it with respect.

Just now, RobertAM said:

sorry not with you boys on this one...the CC is in many ways RL's Holy Grail..it is held in proper reverence by true-blue RL fans..like every match we enter we put on a good show win or lose..if we are to be accepted by the masses we should and must treat it with respect.

I accept this Robert but my problem is we have not been able to receive any of the benefits.  

1.  We host no home games ourselves

2.  We get reduced money from participating 

3.  It's extra games that put additional stress on our small squad.

I would change my mind pretty quickly if we hosted games in Toronto.  

1 hour ago, TheReaper said:

Looking at the big picture dictates that avoiding relegation is the only goal.

But the first game is against Hudds...a potential lower bracket rival...would be nice to thrash them.  I say we continue to practice our wide open game and see if we can improve once more....if we win we win and if we lose we lose...so what.

Gotta start to gel as a team...that is the important thing. 

Archived