Match Thread: Toronto Wolfpack v Featherstone Rovers Saturday 5th October 2019

The Phantom Horseman

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This playoff run has been fantastic, all 3 games have been brilliant to watch and with great results.

Hope you's can do it one more time, il miss our partnership...Think we'v been the only clubs who'v made a real go of duel - reg, but would love to see Fev go up. Good luck. 

6 minutes ago, coolie said:

Can't see you getting anywhere near Toronto but you've got there the hard way so good luck and safe trip ?

Neil,

Thanks for the best wishes, its been a hell of a ride.

Hope to see Dewsbury improving next year.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

49 minutes ago, coolie said:

Can't see you getting anywhere near Toronto but you've got there the hard way so good luck and safe trip ?

Thanks Coolie. The thing is we have already got as near as we could with a scratch side when we played in Toronto and lost 22-18. But know what you mean. With logistics of travelling to Toulouse and then to Canada tomorrow makes it doubly difficult with such a short turnaround. However it wont be catastrophic not succeeding because it means we will still have our visits to Dewsbury.But it has been an exciting play off journey.

Whatever happens Saturday, we’ll still be Fev fans, we’ve had a marvellous season against all odds and even better play offs, it’s been some of the best rugby I’ve seen Featherstone play, confident and with spirit and that’s massive credit to everyone involved.  There’s only one  thing certain, we won’t be playing Toronto next season, THANK GOD....expansion, my ****!! ?? 

10 minutes ago, Auntie Ruth said:

Whatever happens Saturday, we’ll still be Fev fans, we’ve had a marvellous season against all odds and even better play offs, it’s been some of the best rugby I’ve seen Featherstone play, confident and with spirit and that’s massive credit to everyone involved.  There’s only one  thing certain, we won’t be playing Toronto next season, THANK GOD....expansion, my ****!! ?? 

I'm not sure that's actually a certainty just yet, as I've not seen it confirmed anywhere that either us or TWP meet the 'criteria' to be promoted to SL.

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'm not sure that's actually a certainty just yet, as I've not seen it confirmed anywhere that either us or TWP meet the 'criteria' to be promoted to SL.

Ive seen it in the press that Fev have passed all criteria and that there was a meeting today that is almost a certainty that Toronto will get the nod as well.

2 hours ago, Auntie Ruth said:

.......Looks like Leigh then!!!! ???

51 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Ive seen it in the press that Fev have passed all criteria and that there was a meeting today that is almost a certainty that Toronto will get the nod as well.

TWP approved https://www.totalrl.com/toronto-given-green-light-after-super-league-meeting/

2 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

I’ve seen it too, RFL approved it.  Should be a cake walk from now?

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

Just now, J Phil Loxton said:

Yeah. Theyve told us to get some new floodlights. Which goes without saying. Think we are all getting a bit giddy now with the enormity of it all.

Our friends at Headingley have just taken theirs down, wouldn't they do for us?

8 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Thanks Coolie. The thing is we have already got as near as we could with a scratch side when we played in Toronto and lost 22-18. But know what you mean. With logistics of travelling to Toulouse and then to Canada tomorrow makes it doubly difficult with such a short turnaround. However it wont be catastrophic not succeeding because it means we will still have our visits to Dewsbury.But it has been an exciting play off journey.

What you've achieved has been staggering, I'll miss the game as I'm at a punk 2 dayer at Sheffield O2

Leave nowt in the tank and give it your best shot... 

Owt can happen, bit of luck, bounce of the ball, poor ref call

Take what you get ?

Our first floodlights came from Hull KR in 1983 if my memory serves me correct, paid for by our Wembley win. Does that mean that recycling started at Featherstone Rovers ???

btw I couldn’t be more proud of our club at the moment UTR UTR UTR UTR UTR UTR

5 hours ago, Fevrob said:

Our first floodlights came from Hull KR in 1983 if my memory serves me correct, paid for by our Wembley win. Does that mean that recycling started at Featherstone Rovers ???

btw I couldn’t be more proud of our club at the moment UTR UTR UTR UTR UTR UTR

Thought unless I’m wrong, our first Floodlights came from the old Hunslets Greyhound Stadium near Elland Road .Remember how embarrassing it was to be not involved in the Televised Rugby Cup which was the Floodlight Trophy cos we didn’t have any ??

Archived