Match Thread: Toronto Wolfpack v Featherstone Rovers Saturday 5th October 2019

The Phantom Horseman

48 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

33/1 were the odds on the start of the Cup rounds.On the day Fev could be backed at 7/2 to 4/1 to  win in 80min. with 12-14 points start on the Handicap priced at 1/1 or 11/10 much the same oddsa as Saturday night.

And in more recent times, I wonder what price Warrington were to beat the seemingly invincible St. Helens in this year's Challenge Cup final?

I think the odds are generous for Fev fans thinking of having a bet. Those odds may have been accurate for a normal league game, but in finals like these how many times do the underdogs upset the odds? Players like Wilkin and many of his Wolfpack team mates have been there, done it, and earned a relative fortune many times before, are they as likely to put their bodies on the line as much as most of the Fev players for whom it will be the biggest day of their career so far? That's what happened in 1983, why not tomorrow?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think tomorrow bears too much comparison to '83; we're certainly not huge underdogs like we were then. There's been little between us and Toronto these past two seasons and in my opinion they are far more beatable this year than last, partly because their epic choke in last years final brought about a reality check, and I suspect the novelty has started to wear off a bit for all concerned, especially their overpaid journeymen players/staff.

The odds are probably against us thanks to the ridiculous turnaround/travel situation that has been foisted on us by an RFL with Euro/dollar-signs in their eyes, however this is a final so anything can happen. All the pressure is on them, so providing we get to kick off relatively refreshed, and play like we have been doing, we've every chance. UTR!!!!

The ONLY reason I would like to see TW promoted is because I hate home games against them........No atmosphere, small crowd and the bl**dy stupid playing of National Anthems.............. But that's not enough to stop me wishing you guys all the best over there tomorrow..... I'd "love it, just love it" if you could turn 'em over and take another West Yorkshire club in to Super League....... Go FEV !!!

1 hour ago, Therein73 said:

The ONLY reason I would like to see TW promoted is because I hate home games against them........No atmosphere, small crowd and the bl**dy stupid playing of National Anthems.............. But that's not enough to stop me wishing you guys all the best over there tomorrow..... I'd "love it, just love it" if you could turn 'em over and take another West Yorkshire club in to Super League....... Go FEV !!!

Not going to happen.

6 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Not going to happen.

Not sure how you can be so confident, both league matches were close, and Fev are now playing far better than they did then. I think Toronto will probably win, but if you don’t play to your best or perhaps feel the pressure, there’s a chance of an upset.

Yes it goes without saying Good luck tonight.For me Its bigger than England winning the World Cup,Leeds United winning promotion and even me catching a 30 lb Pike which I’ve been dreaming about for 14 years.I can’t see it happening but gonna enjoy the occasion watching it on TV with a beer ? in my hand.Its a massive achievement to get this far and I believe we will be even stronger next year and joint favourites with London to win it .UTR 

Just looked at the teams. Ay, on paper Toronto have assembled a pretty impressive squad. Head says they should win. However, games aren't played on paper.

Think our best chance is to still be in contention with 10 to go. Injuries and all the travelling may have taken it out of the lads. But, if still in with a chance late on think we can do this.

Oh what the hell, one last daft prediction for the season:

TWP 24 - 26 Fev

First try scorer - Hardcastle

M.O.M - Chizzy

FEV FAN  1964 - present.

I think our forwards can match Toronto's and i wouldnt swap Chissy and McLelland at half back for theirs.Like i said in a previous post i just think they are a bit stronger out wide.Who would have given Norwich a chance a few weeks ago against Man City but they won 3-2.So we have a chance and all the pressue will be on Toronto.Just read the above post seems like Blue Pike is getting excited allready.

Yes I’m currently fishing/poaching a lake near Methley but gonna pack up shortly as I can’t settle which is a first but tonight is a special occasion.If anyone in Pontefract wants a bit of atmosphere watching the match they are showing it in Pontefract R.U Club this evening.

2 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Is there anybody else apart from Robin on this Forum lucky enough to be in Toronto? If so please post what the build up /atmosphere is like as time dwindles down towards kick off.

Just left hotel for downtown Toronto and bumped into a few of the players. Seem in good spirits

woke up at 4 ? and 4.40, 5 5.30, 6......  wearing my flat cap in the house, it’s not coming off all day, piano lesson next complete with hat!

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

5 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Not sure how you can be so confident, both league matches were close, and Fev are now playing far better than they did then. I think Toronto will probably win, but if you don’t play to your best or perhaps feel the pressure, there’s a chance of an upset.

No doubt about that...heading down to the game soon.

Fev always seems to be up for a good game...will be no different today...we are ready.

4 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Tell Wigan that ?

Anything  can happen...weather looks good...beer in cooler....pastrami sandwiches ready to go...car gassed up.....Ricky Leutele is PUMPED for this one!

You are going to have have a hard time stopping Ricky today..mark my words on it.

ITS MONEY TIME.

3 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Is there anybody else apart from Robin on this Forum lucky enough to be in Toronto? If so please post what the build up /atmosphere is like as time dwindles down towards kick off.

Lots of buzz in the press, newspapers, TV, internet etc.   People are talking about the game....its almost like a coming out party.  Its going to be vibrant around the stadium for sure.

Big day for RL and the Wolfpack.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Lots of buzz in the press, newspapers, TV, internet etc.   People are talking about the game....its almost like a coming out party.  Its going to be vibrant around the stadium for sure.

Big day for RL and the Wolfpack.

Sounds great. Are you a bit nervous .

On 01/10/2019 at 15:50, silverback said:

cant wait... up the fev...:kolobok_popcorm1:   dare to dream.

It would almost be as big a shock as Salford defeating Wigan at Wigan and reaching the GF, almost!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived