Match Thread: Toronto Wolfpack v Featherstone Rovers Saturday 5th October 2019

The Phantom Horseman

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

You won't get many on here agreeing with you.  Most won't have a bad word spoken about the RFL but for me we had it in the bag 55ish? minutes into that second half. Toronto had tried everything.  Then Kendal gives Toronto a penalty against Bussey when we had the ball deep in their half for what ???  Try Toronto.  Next set a pass a mile forward but it was our high tackle apparently.  Try Toronto.  Game over.  Comedy decisions to follow in our favour once the game had gone.  Same old same old.

(Expects backlash)

Fully agree although to be honest I think we had just about run out of steam anyway. I am still really proud of the lads and looking forward to next season already 

The Bussey incident looked a penalty all day long from where we were sat. Spirited performance but never really threatened their line (benefit of FT training for defence), although 10mins or so into the second half I was still dreaming. Tremendously friendly natives. Good luck to TWP in SL.

1hr after game beer festival crowd 

IMG_20191005_172713.jpg

36 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The Bussey incident looked a penalty all day long from where we were sat. Spirited performance but never really threatened their line (benefit of FT training for defence), although 10mins or so into the second half I was still dreaming. Tremendously friendly natives. Good luck to TWP in SL.

IMG_20191005_172713.jpg

From the tv  Toronto were constantly slowing the play the ball down and it looked like Bussey was trying to play the ball quickly and pushed him away. Probably one of those 50 50s but as always with Kendall went against us. 

Made me laugh  in the 1st half threw the ball against Johnson’s head and ref said he’d played at the ball.

Have a good time out there. 

53 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Spirited performance but never really threatened their line (benefit of FT training for defence), although 10mins or so into the second half I was still dreaming. Tremendously friendly natives. Good luck to TWP in SL.

But do you think that Toronto really looked that threatening for the first hour or so - especially given the possession they had and the many repeat sets they had near our line ? It must be me.

I take my hat off to you for making the trip.  Enjoy the promotion party.

21 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Bussey threw his arm at the tackler. Penalty every day of the week. You really need to take that refs are against us chip off your shoulder.

Why don't you stay in Toronto and get a job with the 'pack'.  From this forum it seems you know everything about ...well everything.  You could teach those numskulls a thing or two.  You and Kayakman would get on well.

11 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Sounds great. Are you a bit nervous .

Just getting back from game now....Featherstone, once again, does not fail to disappoint.

Great effort from Featherstone...talked to some the the visiting fans....very nice folks.

Not nervous at all now.

Thought Tronto deserved their win but only by 8 to 10 point margin.Our lads were heroic in  defeat and have put everything on the line for the club and supporters.So proud to be a Fev supporter after this seasons efforts.And i supported Wakey until i was 21 and saw the light .over 50yrs a capper and  will die a capper witjh a rugby ball and Fev shirt on my box.

The championship needed Toronto to win it’s going to be a fantastic  competition next season. Toulouse York Leigh Featherstone London widnes Halifax Bradford  can’t see anybody running away with it maybe they will televise matches now its a level playing field ,as for relegation from super league hull kr giants etc will be quaking cos somebody’s getting relegated not toronto

I'm waking up a proud Flat Capper this morning. Every single one of the boys did us proud on the pitch, as they have done all through this play off series. What a defensive effort but Toronto took their opportunities and capitalised on the decisions that went their way. 

To all the boys that played their last match in Fev colours yesterday, all the best at your new clubs. To all the boys who are signed up for next season, I have my season ticket and am ready ready!

11 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Great effort by the team, they did us proud, I think we will go well next season. Just on another point, the game can do without the after match comments from Mc Dermott.

Just shows, money does go to the head!  Where did he start? Certainly wasn’t Canada, some little village in Wakefield!  Glad they’re out of our league, can’t stand any part of them.  We were immense last night, our discipline was fantastic, how well has Ryan Carr done this season, our defence has improved 200%.  Can’t wait for next season...we’ll done to all concerned ?

46 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Great effort by the team, they did us proud, I think we will go well next season. Just on another point, the game can do without the after match comments from Mc Dermott.

Thought it was an Hobo!! 

17 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

The sport needs to get rid of Northern Towns and replace them with big city names. 

McDermot wants London, Toronto, Barcelona, New York etc. (big city clubs) to make up SL.

When he eventually moved on from TWP would he accept a position at a Northern town club?

Good to here players from both clubs mixing with fans after game. We move on.

FEV FAN  1964 - present.

22 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

The sport needs to get rid of Northern Towns and replace them with big city names. 

Shows what a toss pot he has become. What the game doesn’t need is more clubs that are unsustainable spending money they can’t cover through income and relying on rich owners to bank roll them who can withdraw their money at any time and effectively bankrupt the club. I read somewhere Wigan lost £1.4 million last season how can that be a good business model? What the game needs are financial fair play rules where clubs are limited to how much the owner can put in and force clubs to be more business leaders like.

McDermott has only played for successful clubs, so when he talks about big city clubs throughout Europe and North America joining Super League he should stop and consider what would happen if they're not successful, as they can't all be? What rugby league doesn't want is more boom and bust clubs. Some of the northern towns might be just making up the numbers but at least they know how to keep going year on year. I wonder where Toronto will be in 5 years time if they haven't won anything by then?

Archived