The Final

jroyales

Looking forward to The Final with some trepidation. The Yeds can't give Newcastle the start they gave them last time because I can't see miracles happening twice. The secret last time was once Langers smashed their stand off every time he touched the ball in the second half - they were clueless. So more of the same. Gill is obviously a threat and the Yeds can't afford to give him any room or the chance of an interception because we know what he can do.

A decent ref and the bounce of the ball and I can see us winning by 12.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the weekend is here.  A little bit of neutral RL to whet our appetite first though.  Wigan v Salford tonight, Toronto v Featherstone tomorrow, NRL Final on Sunday morning and then it's us at 3.00pm on the same afternoon.

Thinking about it, imagine if we were to screen the NRL Grand Final in the club followed by some sort of cooked brekkie and then on to the play-off final.  I'd have some of that!

The build-up to our game has been a little muted I reckon.  Quiet in here and only Roger's news bulletins to keep us informed.  Let's hope the calmness is just the lull before the storm and Whitebank is packed.

35 minutes ago, Dave Naylor said:

So, the weekend is here.  A little bit of neutral RL to whet our appetite first though.  Wigan v Salford tonight, Toronto v Featherstone tomorrow, NRL Final on Sunday morning and then it's us at 3.00pm on the same afternoon.

Thinking about it, imagine if we were to screen the NRL Grand Final in the club followed by some sort of cooked brekkie and then on to the play-off final.  I'd have some of that!

The build-up to our game has been a little muted I reckon.  Quiet in here and only Roger's news bulletins to keep us informed.  Let's hope the calmness is just the lull before the storm and Whitebank is packed.

Hi Dave

I really value your opinion on these big games as you always speak from the head and not the heart.

Can the boys do it?

I get so nervous at the big games but i think that goes back to watching Oldham for over 50 years.

Not sure if I can get there as the Grandson is playing away on the Sunday but will be doing my best to.  I will be there in Heart if I can't if I can't get there in body though.

Come on you YEDSSSSSSSSS!!!!

35 minutes ago, Dave Naylor said:

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

@Tony Mac

I think the result is on a knife edge.  Having said that, we should have come away with points at their place and then we bossed them in a stunning second-half a few weeks back.

If you recall back in 2015, we played Keighley in April away and lost.  We then smashed them in the return match at Whitebank and were just the better team in the final.  We can repeat all that on Sunday.

I've seen every second of every game this season, home and away. Friendlies, league and cup games, the lot.  This team has gelled over the year to a point where you can see the self belief.

I expect us to win.  Home advantage edges it.

Think that we have all learned to be on the calm side at times like these, after failing at the last hurdle over the years, when expectations were very high, so it's not a bad thing. However, I do detect an underlying sense of excitement about this Sunday's game and I believe that the players are quietly ready to do the business.

COME ON THE 'YEDS!!   

Best of luck today from a Workington fan.

I have always enjoyed the banter with your fans and had a good crack with a few when we played you at Borough Park this season.I think over the season you deserve it more that Newcastle who have been throwing a lot of cash at it and sadly we only had 14 fit players when we played them recently and with a fully fit 17 we would have taken them.

Enjoy your day !!

Woohoo! Fantastic game but what a nerve-wracking 80+ minutes! Congratulations and well done to the team and the Club. Great reward for the die-hards who have been there through thick and thin ??

Already back in the right part of the forum.  ?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Archived