The Final

jroyales

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twitchy bum time all round in that game. Newcastle pushed us all the way. What a game, glad it's over. Phew!. Well done lads and backroom staff. Especially thanks to our coach Scott Naylor who is off to pastures new. Many thanks Scott, its been one hell of a ride. You'll always have a place at Oldham 

Well being here in Greece and having to watch on OurLeague has drained me more than actually being at the game!Excellent from the lads today, never say die attitude and got the result we all hoped for. Massive credit to the lads and of course Scott Naylor. I know Nobby hasn't been everybody's cup of tea but he got us back to the Championship and showed great loyalty to the club. The next man in has a massive job now and we need to build a side capable of surviving in the Championship. That's for later. Every player, every member of staff and of course our incredible fans, enjoy this moment. They write us off time after time but we pull out things like this. So very proud of the team and the club tonight. Up the Yeds!

11 minutes ago, herbie said:

The man on the mike.Less is more mate. His ramblings actually took away from the crowd atmosphere.

That really was awful, almost childish and makes the host club seem amateurish for allowing it to go on.

Only a minor distraction though but needs to be removed from the match day experience.

Why didn't anyone in authority cut the clown off? He was obviously three sheets to the wind.

4 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Well being here in Greece and having to watch on OurLeague has drained me more than actually being at the game!Excellent from the lads today, never say die attitude and got the result we all hoped for. Massive credit to the lads and of course Scott Naylor. I know Nobby hasn't been everybody's cup of tea but he got us back to the Championship and showed great loyalty to the club. The next man in has a massive job now and we need to build a side capable of surviving in the Championship. That's for later. Every player, every member of staff and of course our incredible fans, enjoy this moment. They write us off time after time but we pull out things like this. So very proud of the team and the club tonight. Up the Yeds!

Wish you could've been here to enjoy it mate. But you just knock back your ouzo safe in the knowledge we're back in the championship. Hope your enjoying Greece mate. 

Congratulations. My Mrs and I came up for the last Thunder game (she was 30 weeks pregnant, 38 weeks now so didn't risk today) and were made so welcome by club and fans.

Good luck next year and we'll get to a game or two wherever you are

20 minutes ago, Pricey81 said:

Congratulations. My Mrs and I came up for the last Thunder game (she was 30 weeks pregnant, 38 weeks now so didn't risk today) and were made so welcome by club and fans.

Good luck next year and we'll get to a game or two wherever you are

Thank you, and commiserations to Thunder for their contribution to a tough, nerve-wracking but very entertaining game.

Congratulations and all the best for your imminent new arrival ??

3 hours ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

That really was awful, almost childish and makes the host club seem amateurish for allowing it to go on.

Only a minor distraction though but needs to be removed from the match day experience.

Why didn't anyone in authority cut the clown off? He was obviously three sheets to the wind.

If you are a regular supporter of Oldham, you'll know who this is, and he wasn't high on drink.  He's a long standing fan who volunteers unpaid, and loves the club. You owe him an apology for the disrespectful comments you have made  here.  

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, allroughyed said:

If you are a regular supporter of Oldham, you'll know who this is, and he wasn't high on drink.  He's a long standing fan who volunteers unpaid, and loves the club. You owe him an apology for the disrespectful comments you have made  here.  

Spot on, he's a lovely bloke who has roughyeds in his soul. And yes he adores our club. 

I totally agree, he is a lvly guy and this was in the spirit of the game cheering the crowd on!

anyway more to the point- well done to all at Oldham for the win today and promotion. I am hoarse now from shouting for the boys, you all played brilliantly and I cant wait for next season. 

Many many congratulations!!!

Archived