The Final

jroyales

Wow can’t believe we’re back in the championship!!! I’ve called for Naylors, Hewitts and crooks head at the start of the season but look how wrong I was!! Can’t fault the lads from the ones with us at the start to the ones who was with us to the end they all put 100% effort in. Let’s all get to Blackpool and get p*****. Up the yeds

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, allroughyed said:

If you are a regular supporter of Oldham, you'll know who this is, and he wasn't high on drink.  He's a long standing fan who volunteers unpaid, and loves the club. 

30 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Spot on, he's a lovely bloke who has roughyeds in his soul. And yes he adores our club. 

20 minutes ago, J Dyson said:

I totally agree, he is a lvly guy and this was in the spirit of the game cheering the crowd on!

Well,there's no doubt he is a fan but that doesn't mean he should get access to the PA system and behave like a six year old overdosing on blue Smarties.

15 minutes ago, YoungYed said:

Wow can’t believe we’re back in the championship!!! I’ve called for Naylors, Hewitts and crooks head at the start of the season but look how wrong I was!! Can’t fault the lads from the ones with us at the start to the ones who was with us to the end they all put 100% effort in. Let’s all get to Blackpool and get p*****. Up the yeds

Top man for saying that.  Bravo sir.

I'm sat here drinking a glass of Sainsbury's own Merlot, a wine I bought by accident a few weeks back and realised I sorta like it.

Anyway.  We were awesome today. I was very scared of Newcastle and the speed of their fullback was mind blowing.  But we won.  And it was glorious.

One aim next year.  Win ten games and survive.  Do that and we can grow.  Toulouse in June would be nice too ?

7 hours ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Well,there's no doubt he is a fan but that doesn't mean he should get access to the PA system and behave like a six year old overdosing on blue Smarties.

My god, lay off him, he was just getting a bit giddy like the rest of us. Surely that's not a crime is it? If it is, the world is even more solumn and miserable than I thought. Can't we just be happy we won the game. Cheer up, be happy. We've just been promoted. 

Totally agree. We won and that matters far more! I would also like to thank Scott for his role over the last seven years, wish he wasn’t leaving as the boys obviously have great respect for him, but I wish him all the best in his new job. 

Waking up today and it still feels as good. That was a Naylor performance if there ever was one. Every single player giving their absolute all. Intensity and especially desire to get the job done.

What a signing Hawkyard has been. We all knew how good a player he was at Swinton and Keighley but he has been unreal for us in every single game. Got to be player of the year for me. Phil Joy the last 2 games has been sensational and looks back to his best after his dislocated shoulder a couple of years ago. Langtree was superb again as he has been for the last 7 years and we've been so lucky to get him back.

Earlier in the season i was heavily critical of Hewitt and Owen but they have been supreme as the season has come to a close and when it really mattered. Hewitt with his control of the game and Owen for his leadership.

Even the sneaky loan signings close to deadline day have worked out brilliantly. Kay on the wing has been excellent and his interception may have won us the game just as much as Beckett charging over to score. Beckett himself has been a cracking signing. He has played fewer minutes than the rest but has always had an impact on the game. 

What a team.

Congratulations Biffos,back where you belong in the Championship. Pity Hornets won`t be there with you to carry on the great Derby day matches,but we all know why that is. Hope you have a great season and that you keep your noses above water both on and off the field..

Thanks for everything Nobby. I hope we retain a large portion of this squad. I'll be honest I didn't think we'd go up at times this season but the lads peaked at the right time. 

My main 3 frontrunners for player of the season are Richie, Benty and Leeming 

5 hours ago, m brooksy said:

Waking up today and it still feels as good. That was a Naylor performance if there ever was one. Every single player giving their absolute all. Intensity and especially desire to get the job done.

What a signing Hawkyard has been. We all knew how good a player he was at Swinton and Keighley but he has been unreal for us in every single game. Got to be player of the year for me. Phil Joy the last 2 games has been sensational and looks back to his best after his dislocated shoulder a couple of years ago. Langtree was superb again as he has been for the last 7 years and we've been so lucky to get him back.

Earlier in the season i was heavily critical of Hewitt and Owen but they have been supreme as the season has come to a close and when it really mattered. Hewitt with his control of the game and Owen for his leadership.

Even the sneaky loan signings close to deadline day have worked out brilliantly. Kay on the wing has been excellent and his interception may have won us the game just as much as Beckett charging over to score. Beckett himself has been a cracking signing. He has played fewer minutes than the rest but has always had an impact on the game. 

What a team.

This.

I think it would have been so demoralising, and the game lost. Literally inches from losing.

6 hours ago, m brooksy said:

Well done Oldham, good to have you back in the Championship.

Good to see that Beckett has gone well, there are high hopes for him at Fev and he's a local lad too, in fact he was a ballboy when we beat cas in the Cup in 2012.

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 15:35, Dave Naylor said:

So, the weekend is here.  A little bit of neutral RL to whet our appetite first though.  Wigan v Salford tonight, Toronto v Featherstone tomorrow, NRL Final on Sunday morning and then it's us at 3.00pm on the same afternoon.

Thinking about it, imagine if we were to screen the NRL Grand Final in the club followed by some sort of cooked brekkie and then on to the play-off final.  I'd have some of that!

The build-up to our game has been a little muted I reckon.  Quiet in here and only Roger's news bulletins to keep us informed.  Let's hope the calmness is just the lull before the storm and Whitebank is packed.

Hi Dave

I really value your opinion on these big games as you always speak from the head and not the heart.

Can the boys do it?

I get so nervous at the big games but i think that goes back to watching Oldham for over 50 years.

Not sure if I can get there as the Grandson is playing away on the Sunday but will be doing my best to.  I will be there in Heart if I can't if I can't get there in body though.

Come on you YEDSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to Scott Naylor for 7 terrfic years at the club and wish him all the best for the future. 

Also, a  huge well done to all at ORLFC for getting us back in C1.  The lads on the day were truly magnificent and deserved their win and it was great to send Nobby off in style.

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

Archived