Presentation Night 2019

Newtothis

2 hours ago, Sticklebricks said:

No unfortunately not,one player slipped up and said he had resigned, but I can’t spoil it , will let the club announce it , but it was a great night utt

Any other crack from the directors then, 

Great night ,and all the winners worthy of their awards ,Special mention to Stephen the Kit Man ,great to see someone who works behind the scene's ,and often is down at the ground after an away match, still working into the early hours of the morning , cleaning the strip . Fully deserves winning the club man of the year trophy. 

1 hour ago, JMB said:

Any other crack from the directors then, 

Les was saying that the club had lost over the season about 50 grand ,what with losing the speedway and playing a few matches over at bourgh  park, and had been very lucky to get through it, Chris as ever spoke well that resignings and new signings were in hand, and determined the last couple of seasons short numbers wouldn’t happen again, so pretty positive I guess looking forward to next season already with quite a bit of positivity utt

2 hours ago, silverfox said:

Great night ,and all the winners worthy of their awards ,Special mention to Stephen the Kit Man ,great to see someone who works behind the scene's ,and often is down at the ground after an away match, still working into the early hours of the morning , cleaning the strip . Fully deserves winning the club man of the year trophy. 

Totally agree with you regarding Stephen people like him are the life blood of our club and work very long hours without any financial reward.

On a similar topic Jeff Curwen has just stood down from his role as groundsman at the Reds and I was amazed to read he was 80 years old as he put in many long hours on the pitch and had planned to retire when the Reds moved over to Derwent Park but thanks to our lovely council that has not happened.

40 minutes ago, JMB said:

For this league £50.000 is nothing, and for what has gone on with the speedway and the field development you cant complain. 

50k is 50k and I'm sure pre signing deadline being able to dip into 50k surplus would have significantly helped the club thicken the squad out towards the latter end of the year, or make ground improvements or repairs. 

But if 50k is a viewed by you as nothing I'd suggest you give the club a ring and i'm sure Messrs Smallwood etc would like to talk with you. 

15 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Sounds a lot to me for league one especially . If we’ve absorbed that it’s another sign of how well this BOD is doing 

I'd guess that would create significant pressure on cash flow as the comets probably paid after meetings etc which were regular id guess. 

In a business where win/loss appearance fees fluctuate per game then i'd say they've done a good job too mate. 

I know we were a couple of days late paying players one month this season but in a league where we went 5 weeks between home games cashflow problems are to be expected.

We seriously need at least 2 or 3 more teams in league one  asap to make it a continuous season without all of these free weekends that dont do anyone any good

12 hours ago, BlueVintheblood said:

I'd guess that would create significant pressure on cash flow as the comets probably paid after meetings etc which were regular id guess. 

What !!!!! ?....

I'm certain I've read on previous posts on this forum that when the Comets folded they still owed their Workington Town RL hosts a tidy sum ?...and therefore probably still do given that they no longer exist ???

17 hours ago, Sticklebricks said:

Dunno how you can say 50 grand is nowt, I’m sure it could have pushed lesser clubs over the edge

In this day and age in championship 1, that would be called a good season for a lot of the clubs, its hand to mouth and I'm sure Les and the bod are still perusing the owed moneys from the Comets owner, 

7 hours ago, JMB said:

In this day and age in championship 1, that would be called a good season for a lot of the clubs, its hand to mouth and I'm sure Les and the bod are still perusing the owed moneys from the Comets owner, 

Would it not of been better to try help the comets out keep cash flow coming in ?

1 hour ago, Town5 said:

Would it not of been better to try help the comets out keep cash flow coming in ?

Not sure if that would have been viable. looks like the owner had got herself in well over her head, can always remember going to the speed way in late seventy's, great night out then up to the down under before heading to trade a bills, great times.

If the Stadium plans had gone ahead .The Reds would have had to play on DP .So they had to widen and lengthen the pitch .because the Rugby pitch was to small to play football on . So that meant going onto the speedway track . .So it would have been impossible to have had football Rugby and Speedway in the same Stadium . . I Liked speedway and it was a sad day when they said they couldnt carry on financially. So there was no way  the Rugby could help them out .   

Archived