Sun 6 Oct: League 1 - Play-off Final: Oldham v Newcastle Thunder KO 3pm

Who will win?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Oldham
    • Newcastle Thunder

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/10/19 at 14:00

I'm a Lancashire lass born and bred and so really I should be supporting Oldham in this match and indeed I've backed Oldham in their many grand final efforts over the years (being a Saints fan means I fully understand such disappointments, until finally the win comes along!) but I just have a soft spot for the Thunder and I do like what I have read about their exploits in the North East.    

However, I wish both teams the best of luck tomorrow and whichever team wins, I am sure they will bring benefits to the Championship.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game on.

Liam McAvoy (Oldham) already in some distress. Not what they need so early in such a match.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

As the on-screen graphic says, this is "OLD" versus "NEW".

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Pity that more people aren't able to watch this match.  It would have been good to have seen it screened by Sky.

It doesn't look a good viewing point from the side either - is there even a main stand there? It looks like park facilities

12 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Pity that more people aren't able to watch this match.  It would have been good to have seen it screened by Sky.

There is a live stream on Rugby-League.com

14 minutes ago, glossop saint said:

Entertaining first half. Oldham definitely on top but Newcastle holding on in there. I suspect that Oldham will go on to win but our could get very interesting if Newcastle score first and the pressure comes onto Oldham. 

Really? I thought it was neck and neck first half, a real arm wrestle. Oldham probably had greater territory due to Thunder errors (Taulapapa x2).

Newcastle back in front 8-6. Kick missed by the big lad

Archived