Sat 5 Oct: Championship - Play-off Final: Toronto Wolfpack v Featherstone Rovers KO 7.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/10/19 at 18:30

Discuss the Betfred Championship Play-off Final: Toronto Wolfpack v Featherstone Rovers here.

Please keep this thread about the game itself, not all the periphery issues about who should or should not be in Super League, etc. There are lots of other threads covering those subjects already. Thanks.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously, heart says Fev, head says Toronto.

As for a score prediction? Heart says 26-22 to Fev, head says 36-12 Toronto.

There is no pressure on Fev at all though, after the journey the boys have been on since those cold, dark winter months with 9 contracted players and no coach to being 80 minutes from the promised land has been phenomenal. Whatever the result the Rovers are winners to me. 

10 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Obviously, heart says Fev, head says Toronto.

As for a score prediction? Heart says 26-22 to Fev, head says 36-12 Toronto.

There is no pressure on Fev at all though, after the journey the boys have been on since those cold, dark winter months with 9 contracted players and no coach to being 80 minutes from the promised land has been phenomenal. Whatever the result the Rovers are winners to me. 

They have performed well above expectations and deserve credit for reaching the final whatever the result. Hope its a game too far as a TWP fan but can respect their achievements this term.

Such a shame Brad Day is out, he's been great. Walters and King are players that could make a difference so will be interesting to see if they are fit.

I'm also a heart says Fev, head says Toronto guy. I just cant visualize Fev winning this game, but maybe that's because I daren't!

I'll say Wolfpack 22-10

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Walters and Day both ruled out by Ryan Carr. King and Carey not ruled out yet.

If ever there was a backs-to-the-wall situation it's this one for Fev, both starting back rows out and possibly two others. The team flew back into Bristol yesterday afternoon, then a coach journey back to Yorkshire, try and fit in a couple of days' work (Josh Hardcastle for instance tweeting about being back roofing this morning), then back on a plane on Thursday.

Meanwhile, Toronto's squad will no doubt be undergoing rub-downs, video sessions and designer training sessions as they prepare for their final assault.

It's a proper David v Goliath situation, but this kind of game is what RL is all about and whoever wins deserves their place in SL.

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

Discuss the Betfred Championship Play-off Final: Toronto Wolfpack v Featherstone Rovers here.

Please keep this thread about the game itself, not all the periphery issues about who should or should not be in Super League, etc. There are lots of other threads covering those subjects already. Thanks.

Just a minor complaint John , this is the MPG , not a ' final ' ?

25 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Just a minor complaint John , this is the MPG , not a ' final ' ?

Not according to this:

http://secure.rugby-league.com/ign_docs/2020%20League%20Structure.pdf

Then again, the page title on that link says 2020 season, the graphic says 2019 season, so who the hell knows, tbh. ?‍♂️

Wolfpack by18. Wilkin had an interview on BBC 5 live and he said that the Fev games were the toughest for them and the closet thing to a SL team, likely the Leeds factor. 

I'm expecting a great game...and us winning.

I would back that Toronto will win and that this may just prove one game too far for Featherstone. But I said the exact same last weekend!

Toronto are way above any other team in the Championship so should win. But it is not always the most expensive or best side on paper that will win a one-off game. And Featherstone will have nothing to lose and a huge amount of confidence going into the game.

Archived