Sat 5 Oct: Championship - Play-off Final: Toronto Wolfpack v Featherstone Rovers KO 7.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/10/19 at 18:30

I think Toronto might have a bit of the Saints about them in big games. This game is everything to them. To Fev winning would be great, but they'll be fine if they lose. That puts a lot of pressure on Toronto. The sort of pressure a lot of players crack under.

So I think Fev win, and the Toronto window of opportunity closes.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Roy Haggerty said:

I think Toronto might have a bit of the Saints about them in big games. This game is everything to them. To Fev winning would be great, but they'll be fine if they lose. That puts a lot of pressure on Toronto. The sort of pressure a lot of players crack under.

So I think Fev win, and the Toronto window of opportunity closes.

I think Featherstone have a bit of Leigh about them in big games.  This game is everything to them.  To Toronto winning would be great, but they'lll be fine if they lose.  That puts alot of pressure on Featherstone.  The sort of pressure alot of players crack under.

So I think Toronto win, and the Featherstone window of opportunity closes.

Take it to the bank.

Lots of ways to rationalize ways in which Fev might pull off the upset. 

It won't happen.

Toronto is more talented and has more depth. Toronto is fully healthy. Toronto is much better rested and has not had to travel. Toronto has a winning record against every team in the league. Toronto has the league's best attack and best defence. Toronto has last year's MPG from which to draw lessons and motivation. Toronto has a more successful big game coach and more well rounded attack than last year. Toronto will have a packed home stadium behind them.

Toronto will win and it won't be terribly close, either.

This is not over confidence; it's simply based on a set of overwhelming facts in their favour.

2 hours ago, Lamport Life said:

It won't happen.

Toronto is more talented and has more depth. Toronto is fully healthy. Toronto is much better rested and has not had to travel. Toronto has a winning record against every team in the league. Toronto has the league's best attack and best defence. Toronto has last year's MPG from which to draw lessons and motivation. Toronto has a more successful big game coach and more well rounded attack than last year. Toronto will have a packed home stadium behind them.

This is not over confidence; it's simply based on a set of overwhelming facts in their favour.

Pretty accurate analysis

Agree 100%

It won't happen.

You forget to say Full time v part time. 

It won't happen.

you dont know the history of Featherstone Rovers do you

4 hours ago, Lamport Life said:

It won't happen.

In 1983, HullFCfan said:

"Lots of ways to rationalize ways in which Fev might pull off the upset. 

It won't happen.

Hull is more talented and has more depth. Hull is fully healthy. Hull is much better rested and has not had to travel. Hull has a winning record against every team in the league. Hull has the league's best attack and best defence. Hull has last year's MPG from which to draw lessons and motivation. Hull has a more successful big game coach and more well rounded attack than last year. Hull will have a packed home stadium behind them.

Hull will win and it won't be terribly close, either.

This is not over confidence; it's simply based on a set of overwhelming facts in their favour."

--------

We're Fev. We thrive off this stuff. 

3 hours ago, TboneFromTO said:

0-2 to Toronto this year?

Both very close games.  Fev should have won at P O Road.  Wilkin should have been sent off.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

6 hours ago, Lamport Life said:

It won't happen.

The entire Rugby League community wants Fev to win, that might just spur them on to something special.

Your flawed logic can be applied to 2018 and that didn't work out did it.

Thank god sport doesn't follow such simplistic logic.

Game of the season in the making. I cannot wait!

3 hours ago, hrtbps said:

In 1983, HullFCfan said:

"Lots of ways to rationalize ways in which Fev might pull off the upset. 

It won't happen.

Hull is more talented and has more depth. Hull is fully healthy. Hull is much better rested and has not had to travel. Hull has a winning record against every team in the league. Hull has the league's best attack and best defence. Hull has last year's MPG from which to draw lessons and motivation. Hull has a more successful big game coach and more well rounded attack than last year. Hull will have a packed home stadium behind them.

Hull will win and it won't be terribly close, either.

This is not over confidence; it's simply based on a set of overwhelming facts in their favour."

--------

We're Fev. We thrive off this stuff. 

You forgot to mention that in 1983 Fev played every round away too. (1st round they were drawn at home but had to play at Wakey because of the weather)

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

1 hour ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

The entire Rugby League community wants Fev to win, that might just spur them on to something special.

Your flawed logic can be applied to 2018 and that didn't work out did it.

Thank god sport doesn't follow such simplistic logic.

Game of the season in the making. I cannot wait!

I have to say as a Fev fan I've been blown away by the good will and wishes from fans of rival teams. 

27 minutes ago, hrtbps said:

I have to say as a Fev fan I've been blown away by the good will and wishes from fans of rival teams. 

Including Toronto fans, I hope. We are generally quite impressed by what Fev has accomplished so far. We remember that you beat us here last season (in a game that was mostly meaningless to us, but still), and that both games this year were close. No one here is taking anything for granted. Yes, we SHOULD win, but we know that doesn't mean anything until we actually make it happen on the field.

Looking forward to great game. If we win it will be the high point of the Wolfpack's existence so far. If we miss this opportunity again, it will be a crushing disappointment.

6 minutes ago, John WP Fan said:

Including Toronto fans, I hope. We are generally quite impressed by what Fev has accomplished so far. We remember that you beat us here last season (in a game that was mostly meaningless to us, but still), and that both games this year were close. No one here is taking anything for granted. Yes, we SHOULD win, but we know that doesn't mean anything until we actually make it happen on the field.

Looking forward to great game. If we win it will be the high point of the Wolfpack's existence so far. If we miss this opportunity again, it will be a crushing disappointment.

Yep, by interactions with TWP fans have always been positive. Whoever wins promotion, SL will be better for it. New market vs heartland underdogs. It's a great story. All the best for Saturday!

Fev have been superb in these play offs - would love to see them win

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

10 hours ago, Lamport Life said:

It won't happen.

I thought the team was based in the UK and only went out to Toronto for the games or have they been staying out there for the playoffs?

6 minutes ago, NERugbyDad said:

I thought the team was based in the UK and only went out to Toronto for the games or have they been staying out there for the playoffs?

they been here for the playoffs the week before the Toulouse game

great listen for those that haven't heard it yet. Wilkins talks about how Fev are the closest thing to a SL team which is what a few posters have highlighted on here with the fast pace vs Toulouse.

We're still winning, we beat SL Leeds last year away so Leeds light won't hold us back. ? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07pqgj9

28 minutes ago, hrtbps said:

How good would a regular (competitive) Fev-Cas derby be?

Probably end up being 5 times a year like all the other derbies and everyone will get bored.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

2 hours ago, Celt said:

I really hope you are right, but watching Featherstone's game last weekend, they were crudely very effective by getting off the line extremely quick, and coming up hard in a way that a lot of SuperLeague sides don't even do.  This seemed to really unsettle Toulouse, who couldn't handle it, and then regressed into trying to play basketball style RL.  Factor in the inevitable snarling aggressive pack of fans who follow them about brandishing Rangers flags etc, and they can create an atmosphere that is quite intimidating for opposition teams and supporters alike.  

As you point out, Wolfpack should be firm favourites, but I definitely don't think this is a done deal yet.

That must have been painful for you, complimenting us like that. 

Archived