Sat 5 Oct: Championship - Play-off Final: Toronto Wolfpack v Featherstone Rovers KO 7.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/10/19 at 18:30

My big worry for Toronto is if they fail again. Clearly everything they have done is aimed at getting into SL. I’m sure they expected to get there last year but copped it on the chin to give it another good crack this year. But you have to wonder how long their backers will keep throwing money at them in the lower tier. It also can’t be much fun for their fans watching them smash most teams every week. They are basically a SL club playing at a lower level. I think they need to be in SL for the good of the club and the game. 

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DiH68 said:

My big worry for Toronto is if they fail again. Clearly everything they have done is aimed at getting into SL. I’m sure they expected to get there last year but copped it on the chin to give it another good crack this year. But you have to wonder how long their backers will keep throwing money at them in the lower tier. It also can’t be much fun for their fans watching them smash most teams every week. They are basically a SL club playing at a lower level. I think they need to be in SL for the good of the club and the game. 

The backers original plan was 5 years to get into the SL.

1 hour ago, Lamport Life said:

Oh well that’s good to know. I really hope it doesn’t take that long though! Definitely cheering you on this weekend ?

8 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

I hope Toronto win. Featherstone are simply nowhere near ready for SL on or off the field and offer next to nothing for the Comp. Fev allegedly wont even be Fulltime, IF they end up in SL! Having a club like Fev in SL, makes selling the Comp to TV Companies and Sponsors even harder!

Back to the game itself, here are my reasons to feel quietly confident:

All the pressure is on Toronto. We have nothing to lose, whereas they stand to lose a lot if they fail to be promoted again.

Toronto have never outplayed us. Every match has been close. And in each of those matches we have had a part-time squad going up against their full-time squad. I don't feel like that will factor in on the final outcome.

We're the form team of the league.

The mood in the squad, and around the club, is buzzing. Something special is happening here.

As for the score? I'm going Rovers by 60.

5 hours ago, Lamport Life said:

Maybe that was because according to their spokesperson at the time you were going to be using some actual Canadians to achieve it ?

2 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

I can understand people's concern about clubs not being ready but what's the point fans going week after week if there's nothing at the end of it? Fev have stated they are ready IF and its certainly a big if they get there. 

2 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Does anyone ever talk about the rugby?

Certainly , Fev are playing well , but Toronto should murder them 

So that's the Rugby talked about , so how many inflatable fans have they ordered for this one ?

10 hours ago, Trojan said:

Yeah I'm sure Saints and Wigan will be delighted with the couple of dozen species they get from Toronto.

Species ?, 2 dozen might seem a lot , I mean they have Wolves and Bears which might not be very safe , Moose are a bit big , some ' Beaver ' might be good 

10 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Like Fev fans travel in their thousands! ??? And Toronto would give each SL club an extra million plus over Fev due to reciving no Sky money. And its easier to sell SL product with a club who can spend millions and who can open up a new market to SL.

FEV took over 1200  to york

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I'm not sure why this abuse is tolerated on here.

It isn't, but it would help if people reported it instead of just quoting it, which makes it doubly hard to get rid of.

On 01/10/2019 at 14:56, John Drake said:

Discuss the Betfred Championship Play-off Final: Toronto Wolfpack v Featherstone Rovers here.

Please keep this thread about the game itself, not all the periphery issues about who should or should not be in Super League, etc. There are lots of other threads covering those subjects already. Thanks.

A reminder.

Thanks.

Anyone know of anywhere showing the match in Manchester this weekend?  The wife and I would love to watch it with some vocal supporters of each team!

6 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Is that a fact or another Rose tinted view from a Fev fan? And the crowd was 1800. Where is the thousands of Fev fans?

More to the point - where are the thousands of HOME fans? 

Fev have played some fantastic rugby in these playoffs and will no doubt  put in another big effort this week but I think TWP will be to strong for them playing at home and with the extra week off.

TWP 22-12 Fev 

Just now, MADREDNIGE said:

More to the point - where are the thousands of HOME fans? 

Theres been a few issues at Fax recently,t hat has alienated the Club and fans. Also Fax are not going for SL thankfully. On and off the field, they are like Fev and most of the Championship-nowhere near really for SL. I dont want Fax or Fev in SL,as they currently are and neither should SL,as neither are in good share off the field and offer nothing to the SL Comp. Thats one of the Main reasons I want Toronto to win and hopefully Toulouse next year.

42 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Theres been a few issues at Fax recently,t hat has alienated the Club and fans. Also Fax are not going for SL thankfully. On and off the field, they are like Fev and most of the Championship-nowhere near really for SL. I dont want Fax or Fev in SL,as they currently are and neither should SL,as neither are in good share off the field and offer nothing to the SL Comp. Thats one of the Main reasons I want Toronto to win and hopefully Toulouse next year.

So what's the point in having the Championship? Just fast track Toronto, Tolouse and London, close the door and let everyone else rot! 

48 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Fev have played some fantastic rugby in these playoffs and will no doubt  put in another big effort this week but I think TWP will be to strong for them playing at home and with the extra week off.

TWP 22-12 Fev 

Toronto have home advantage, a week off, full time and are an excellent team as proved from coming first. Fev on the other hand are part time are having a quick turnaround after beating Tolouse and have to fly to Canada, this should on paper be a no contest but its not played on paper and we all know what can and does happen in sport. Head Toronto heart Fev, but whatever happens Fev have done themselves proud from 5th.

22 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Great summary.

My heart wants us to win, my head says giving them a good game with everyone enjoying the, and having a safe, trip will be the best I can hope for....

Bag's packed, match ticket safely stowed, looking forward to it!

Glory Hunter!!?

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

Archived