Sat 5 Oct: Championship - Play-off Final: Toronto Wolfpack v Featherstone Rovers KO 7.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/10/19 at 18:30

28 - 12 Toronto. Sadly. They have too much in their 1-5 so their exit and last plays will just be too good. If Fev kick magnificently and get a great start though... woof, game on! 

Biggest challenge is finding a London pub with sound. 

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

28 - 12 Toronto. Sadly. They have too much in their 1-5 so their exit and last plays will just be too good. If Fev kick magnificently and get a great start though... woof, game on! 

Biggest challenge is finding a London pub with sound. 

So you can feel the ' atmosphere ' ?

2 hours ago, TboneFromTO said:

Anyone know of anywhere showing the match in Manchester this weekend?  The wife and I would love to watch it with some vocal supporters of each team!

Should be plenty of Toronto fans around, as the team is based in Manchester.

8 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Should be plenty of Toronto fans around, as the team is based in Manchester.

YA..THAT IS WHY THE CO CAPTAIN SIMMS IS MOVING TO TORONTO ON A PERMANENT BASIS WITH HIS ENTIRE FAMILY...quit spreading false news googler!

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

By the way if you spot the fat ginger Fev fan in the stand that's Robin Evans off this board 

"Good afternoon, Squire. You look very ginger and also fat. Are you perchance Robin Evans off the message board? No? Oh my apologies, it must be another fat ginger Fev fan I'm looking for."

1 minute ago, Loup said:

"Good afternoon, Squire. You look very ginger and also fat. Are you perchance Robin Evans off the message board? No? Oh my apologies, it must be another fat ginger Fev fan I'm looking for."

what could go wrong?

Sadly it seems some of the travelling Fev fans have run into difficulty due to cancelled flights, and are currently stuck in Iceland. They're being advised they won't get a flight until 5pm tomorrow, which obviously means they'll miss the game. Sadly these things can happen, though I'd be gutted if I was in their shoes. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, northamptoncougar said:

I Heard 400 flat cappers were making the trip, does anyone know if that’s true?

I’d love to see that in the crowd, they’ll take the atmosphere to a level not seen before.

I’ve heard 400-500 but it looks like a fair amount are stuck in Iceland due to cancelled flights and there are no more flights available until after the game. Imagine spending thousands to follow a semi professional team and across continents and that happening.

8 minutes ago, fevtom said:

I’ve heard 400-500 but it looks like a fair amount are stuck in Iceland due to cancelled flights and there are no more flights available until after the game. Imagine spending thousands to follow a semi professional team and across continents and that happening.

that sucks!

Was it Air Transat flights? mechanical failures or what?

51 minutes ago, fevtom said:

That sucks to be honest. Life's a ##### sometimes. It's not helped by the fact that having to book a ticket across the Atlantic at short notice your options are very limited. I've learnt, after many years of travelling, to always go a day early and fly direct, it's less stressful in the long run but I can truly appreciate the difficulty in having less than a week to book. Not nice for them....plus the beer in Iceland is phenomenally expensive whilst they wait for the onward flight. 

One sliver lining though...because Featherstone, or more accurately Reykjavik airport, is still in the EU then they can claim €600 in compensation for the delayed flight. 

2 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

that sucks!

Was it Air Transat flights? mechanical failures or what?

It was the Icelandair flight which has the stopover in Reykjavik. Air Transat Man to YYZ arrived on time. It's due to extreme weather conditions, a lot of other flights have been cancelled out of Keflavik airport.

2 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Sadly it seems some of the travelling Fev fans have run into difficulty due to cancelled flights, and are currently stuck in Iceland. They're being advised they won't get a flight until 5pm tomorrow, which obviously means they'll miss the game. Sadly these things can happen, though I'd be gutted if I was in their shoes. 

A few on our flight with no match tickets too. If the reported sales are correct there might be a few who've made it to Canada who don't get to see the game!

7 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

A few on our flight with no match tickets too. If the reported sales are correct there might be a few who've made it to Canada who don't get to see the game!

https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/toronto-wolfpack-playoff-final-v-featherstone-rovers/event/10005716AEEC2659#offer-card

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Ta, I got mine earlier this week - had visions (well nightmares) of flying here and both not getting in and failing to find somewhere to watch. We were pointing those without tickets in the direction of the link you've posted. 

30 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Ta, I got mine earlier this week - had visions (well nightmares) of flying here and both not getting in and failing to find somewhere to watch. We were pointing those without tickets in the direction of the link you've posted. 

I was able to buy two a few hours ago. If all else fails, show up to the ground and find a Wolfpack staff member. Or if really desperate, stand behind the north end fence and watch from there.

3 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Yeah that really sucks. If Toronto do go up it’s going to be fun for traveling fans next year with Sky always shifting games at short notice. Going to make planning flights etc a bloody nightmare!

ideally when traveling for events overseas you always give yourself an extra couple of days to get there but that’s not always possible at such short notice 

8 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Theres been a few issues at Fax recently,t hat has alienated the Club and fans. Also Fax are not going for SL thankfully. On and off the field, they are like Fev and most of the Championship-nowhere near really for SL. I dont want Fax or Fev in SL,as they currently are and neither should SL,as neither are in good share off the field and offer nothing to the SL Comp. Thats one of the Main reasons I want Toronto to win and hopefully Toulouse next year.

What is it you want these Clubs to offer? Do you support anybody or are you just a fan of expanding the game?

Archived