Sat 5 Oct: Championship - Play-off Final: Toronto Wolfpack v Featherstone Rovers KO 7.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/10/19 at 18:30

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harry we have discussed this before. Anyone with the slightest insight into RL can see that TWP need a big change in the squad should they go up. Best we can hope for should we go up is consolidation without a relegation fight. Then push on from there. The rest of the championship are a long way behind us in being able to cope. Luckily there are people in the club who realise our position and what is required. Not all TWP fans are oblivious to what lies in wait. The cull has already started and players have been released back to Leigh . How much wiggle room McDermott has remains to be seen but the gap between the two leagues is a huge ask for any team. 

25 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hello Dav, you are quite right with London, albeit they did get relegated in the end, and no disrespect to them at all they can only perform against what is in front if them, but one has to wonder if Saints had needed to win those two defeats at the hands of London they probably could have ensured they would have done, but glad they didn't it made the end of the season more exciting to read, comment on and watch, Thanks Saints.

Being fairly certain as you state that they will make changes to the squad, sounds to me that you know they need to make changes to the squad, you must see the same as I do, individually and collectively they are nowhere near capable of competing in SL with the present roster, how much have they got to spend? McDermott knows and it does  seem that he is to pleased with the prospect. 

But they don't presently need a squad that can compete at Superleague level,they only need a team to get out of the Championship,same as they only needed a team good enough to get out of League 1 which they accomplished and afterwards changed the playing personnel to reflect the higher level they were to play in.

1 hour ago, TboneFromTO said:

Good news for the game:

World wide broadcast

If you're not in one of the region's getting TV coverage you can stream it on facebook

Of note: Sportsnet will be broadcasting it! Which if it get good numbers could see that TV contract come in (if you are in Canada and have snw or snnow  please give it a watch instead of the CBC!)

Also. TV broadcast coverage in what looks like Mongolia....why not! #mongoliaSL2025

IMG_20191005_103652.jpg

This is what Toronto Wolfpack bring to the table. With the exception of The Wolfpack, Championship games aren’t even broadcast in the UK, never mind Africa. 

2 hours ago, TboneFromTO said:

Good news for the game:

World wide broadcast

If you're not in one of the region's getting TV coverage you can stream it on facebook

Of note: Sportsnet will be broadcasting it! Which if it get good numbers could see that TV contract come in (if you are in Canada and have snw or snnow  please give it a watch instead of the CBC!)

Also. TV broadcast coverage in what looks like Mongolia....why not! #mongoliaSL2025

IMG_20191005_103652.jpg

South & Central America, Africa, and 90% of Europe and Asia missing does not make world wide coverage

5 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

South & Central America, Africa, and 90% of Europe and Asia missing does not make world wide coverage

Youre missing that it's available on Facebook for those regions. 

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just catching up on this thread, you have just confirmed what I said on another thread later in the week, you really are deluded.

???? = TWP,

?? not one of these in sight at the club, no players, no coaches not even the owner, although there may be one or two of the bartenders in the tented village though.?

Talk is cheap Harry.

Now another poster on here wanted a bet between you and me on this game and the loser has to change their emoje for one year to the other teams side.

I'm calling you out on this Harry Stottle...last chance for you to  put some meat on your bony argument by backing up your posts.

I'm willing to take the bet right now and I'm with Toronto and CANADA!  Are you willing to stand behind your country or not; or are you fearful of a few colonials taking over the game and teaching you English a few lessons.  Are you willing to back the talk with action?

Yes or no Harry...are you taking the bet....YES OR NO?

16 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Talk is cheap Harry.

Now another poster on here wanted a bet between you and me on this game and the loser has to change their emoje for one year to the other teams side.

I'm calling you out on this Harry Stottle...last chance for you to  put some meat on your bony argument by backing up your posts.

I'm willing to take the bet right now and I'm with Toronto and CANADA!  Are you willing to stand behind your country or not; or are you fearful of a few colonials taking over the game and teaching you English a few lessons.  Are you willing to back the talk with action?

When did this game change into an international? 

5 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

You on drugs? You are so blind to not see that Toronto offer so much and deserve to be in SL over Fev and others. I want my Club to do well,but the game for me is more important. SL should be the flagship to promote the sport. Sadly most Championship Clubs are not ready to bring anything to help enhance SL.

If so then what on earth are we running a Championship for? And when if ever will a team be ready to go up to SL? 

40 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Talk is cheap Harry.

Already answered that K'man, unlike your goodself as I said I have been to long in my teams colours to forsake them now, I would sooner be strung up by my eyelids with meathooks than to don the garb of another team, even one as up and coming as the TWP?, I know you are only yet playing at being a supporter - after 3 long years - you ain't even wer behind the earholes yet, easy for you to change your colours.

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

But they don't presently need a squad that can compete at Superleague level,they only need a team to get out of the Championship,same as they only needed a team good enough to get out of League 1 which they accomplished and afterwards changed the playing personnel to reflect the higher level they were to play in.

Dav, that is stating the obvious, no news in that, OK I will put it another way how many new player's in your opinion do you consider the TWP need to compete at SL level-------- should they get there. 

4 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

I have asked this before and no one was able to give me an answer.

What is this mystical thing that clubs need to 'bring'?

What things does a club need to do/be to 'add value' to super league?

What in your opinion can a club do to 'enhance' super league?

I can only speak for myself. For me, the ability to sign quality players and improve the standard of Super League both on and off the field. the ability to open up the game to new markets both to new fans, new sponsors and the possibility to get better or. new TV Contracts for SL as a whole. Any Club looking to get in to SL should have things like a Club Shop thats open every working day, A Fulltime Squad including backroom staff, A Fulltime Marketing team that works to promote the Club both locally and further. The ability to improve themselves and in turn the SL Comp each year. I feel Toronto can do most of that, while sadly Fev and most of the lower League teams are not currently in that position.

SL sadly is a poor standard competition, both on and off the field. We have Clubs playing at Stadiums not fit for modern day sport. We have Clubs that simply struggle to put a first team squad together, let alone run Reserve and Academy Grade teams. We have Clubs that are poor businesses, that struggle along and not really helping to improve the SL Comp on or off the field.

SL and the Clubs needs to improve in so many areas if it wants to to get better Sponsors and TV Contracts etc. I dont think SL can afford to have Clubs that have a no money and would struggle to be FT. SL cant afford to have Clubs that have no desire to stay in SL and challenge the others both on and off the field.

I would love my club and others to be in a position to add/improve/enhance SL. But sadly thats not the case. The game is always more important than any one Club, Competition etc. I want whats best for the game, over any Clubs. Its good my NRL Club, Melbourne are not in the Grand Final. Why? Because it turns people away seeing the same old clubs at the top. I hope and believe Toronto can be SL Champions in the next 10 years and that they can improve the game in Europe as well as open up doors in North America.

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Dav, that is stating the obvious, no news in that, OK I will put it another way how many new player's in your opinion do you consider the TWP need to compete at SL level-------- should they get there. 

If this seasons bottom 4 clubs are of the same quality next year,probably not many.

25 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

If so then what on earth are we running a Championship for? And when if ever will a team be ready to go up to SL? 

Why cant the Championship be a quality Comp in its own right which can help teams prepare for SL both on and off the field properly? Its up to Clubs to decide if they want to push themselves for SL. If not, then they can still aim for a Grand Final etc. Why should the game want to promote a club in to its flagship comp, that would struggle on and off the field to make much impact?

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just catching up on this thread, you have just confirmed what I said on another thread later in the week, you really are deluded.

???? = TWP,

?? not one of these in sight at the club, no players, no coaches not even the owner, although there may be one or two of the bartenders in the tented village though.?

And yet, 9000 ?? fans all spending their lovely ?? dollars on tickets, merch and beer! Also ?? print, radio and tv covering rugby league across the entire country of ??! Nope, not one ?? in sight!

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

This is what Toronto Wolfpack bring to the table. With the exception of The Wolfpack, Championship games aren’t even broadcast in the UK, never mind Africa. 

But, "no away fans" spending their money in the other teams' stadiums every season so it's no good according to the critics.

16 minutes ago, Loup said:

And yet, 9000 ?? fans all spending their lovely ?? dollars on tickets, merch and beer! Also ?? print, radio and tv covering rugby league across the entire country of ??! Nope, not one ?? in sight!

And a ?? CEO, don't forget him.

Pre-empting the inevitable negative comments about the lack of crowd noise:

Lamport Stadium is situated with a major traffic street running along the north side and a city airport not far away to the south. The broadcast sound is set so that the commentators aren't drowned out by traffic, car horns (Toronto drivers are among the world's most horn-heavy), and charming little Q400s taking off and landing every few minutes. Keeping ambient noise down means the crowd noise is also muted. Plus we don't have stadium walls to bounce back the crowd acoustics.

With any luck (and if someone drops the cash), you may be treated to the roar of four Packard Merlin engines if C-VRA (Vera) the Lancaster Bomber is out for a toddle.

Now, off to the match.

Archived