Sat 5 Oct: Championship - Play-off Final: Toronto Wolfpack v Featherstone Rovers KO 7.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/10/19 at 18:30

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

You're missing the grey bits then

Touchy today are we 

People everywhere in the world will be able to watch the match today.

If it's not broadcast on traditional tv, in your region it will be broadcast on Facebook live.

That's everywhere in the grey on the picture.

Enjoy the match

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Loup said:

And yet, 9000 ?? fans all spending their lovely ?? dollars on tickets, merch and beer! Also ?? print, radio and tv covering rugby league across the entire country of ??! Nope, not one ?? in sight!

We regularly get Canadians doing a year or two at our workplace (secondments and agencies -, maybe 15 in the last year). I always ask if they know the TW. The ones from Toronto ALWAYS have heard / seen them. About a third of the none Toronto Canadians have too.....

They definitely have a presecence. They also have masters RL for the new fans to give the game a go.... This is more important than most people realise. If you are in your 30s/40s and new to watching a sport then being able to give the game a go yourself makes people more passionate / understanding / more likely to stick with it

1 hour ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Why cant the Championship be a quality Comp in its own right which can help teams prepare for SL both on and off the field properly? Its up to Clubs to decide if they want to push themselves for SL. If not, then they can still aim for a Grand Final etc. Why should the game want to promote a club in to its flagship comp, that would struggle on and off the field to make much impact?

Well the people in charge at Fev seem to think we are ready for SL ( IF we win and its a BIG if) so surely they know better then you? 

5 hours ago, Damien said:

Celtic Crusaders did a lot of great work and the legacy is still seen today with the Ben Flowers of this world. The trouble was when Samuels got bored and the money stopped.

It wasn't just Mr Samuels getting bored , the Crusaders were being financed through sport England funding channelled through the RFL and then onto Welsh RL and finally to Crusaders , all the players were being paid as development officers , once we lost the sport England funding so did the Crusaders 

5 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Fair enough, but that's what can potentially happen when a Club relies on one man.

Yeah, it's a good job no existing Lancashire/Yorkshire teams are in that situation eh.... 

2 hours ago, Loup said:

And yet, 9000 ?? fans all spending their lovely ?? dollars on tickets, merch and beer! Also ?? print, radio and tv covering rugby league across the entire country of ??! Nope, not one ?? in sight!

No need to be pedantic Loup I was only telling the truth, two can play at that game.

No ?? owner, No ?? or ?? player's = Nothing for ?? TV to film, speak about or put in print, no Canadian ?? dollars for ?? to spend their money on, 9,000 empty seats with not one ?? bum sat on them, Nope not one ?? in sight.

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

If this seasons bottom 4 clubs are of the same quality next year,probably not many.

Well FWIW, I consider this present Toronto squad would finish bottom of those 4 just as London have done this season, bet ya McDermott will not risk just replacing Simms, especially with someone of the same quality now, the Ashton Simms of 5 to 8 years ago was good, this model is not fit for purpose.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well FWIW, I consider this present Toronto squad would finish bottom of those 4 just as London have done this season, bet ya McDermott will not risk just replacing Simms, especially with someone of the same quality now, the Ashton Simms of 5 to 8 years ago was good, this model is not fit for purpose.

Salford were in the bottom 4 in July this year.

2 hours ago, Big Picture said:

But, "no away fans" spending their money in the other teams' stadiums every season so it's no good according to the critics.

Nor adding to the atmosphere, but apparently you Canadians don't know what that is, you have never experienced it, you don't know what you are missing.!

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

As I've stated this TWP squad wasn't put together to compete in Superleague this year so it  matters little if people think they would have finished bottom,if they win tonight they will strengthen it in the hope of being competative in  Superleague next year.

11 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

As I've stated this TWP squad wasn't put together to compete in Superleague this year so it  matters little if people think they would have finished bottom,if they win tonight they will strengthen it in the hope of being competative in  Superleague next year.

Who extracts the splinters from your bum Dav?

4 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Is there a Canadian radio/on line station broadcasting commentary of this match, anywhere we can see this on stream?

It's on video live stream. Not audio only. CBC sports for free. Works on phones if you need it to

2 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

I don’t think so, saw a FB post from one saying they had flown back to Manchester so they could get back to see the game 

Heart breaking for them.  

44 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

It amazes me the stupidity of people who don't realise this, until I see just which people are saying it, then I understand.... 

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

It amazes me the stupidity of people who don't realise this, until I see just which people are saying it, then I understand.... 

Some people's opinions on here often seem to be formed by the club involved rather than the topic being discussed. It's a pity because this forum used to be much better than that.

Archived