Sat 5 Oct: Championship - Play-off Final: Toronto Wolfpack v Featherstone Rovers KO 7.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/10/19 at 18:30

36 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Who extracts the splinters from your bum Dav?

8 players Harry,is that better,no idea if that's the actual number but it seems that's what you want to hear but it's irrelevant as I don't know what their objectives are if they gain promotion,what cap space they have,how long the contracts of the current squad have to run.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Damien said:

Some people's opinions on here often seem to be formed by the club involved rather than the topic being discussed. It's a pity because this forum used to be much better than that.

There's no doubt about that, some leigh fans in particular are hilariously upset by anything Toronto on here. 

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

As I've stated this TWP squad wasn't put together to compete in Superleague this year so it  matters little if people think they would have finished bottom,if they win tonight they will strengthen it in the hope of being competative in  Superleague next year.

Which is why the request to raise the SC , when the divisions operated at different cap levels then obviously there was extra scope for considerable improvements , the question now is in theory how can they get better quality within the same cap ? , that is the point at discussion 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Which is why the request to raise the SC , when the divisions operated at different cap levels then obviously there was extra scope for considerable improvements , the question now is in theory how can they get better quality within the same cap ? , that is the point at discussion 

They are not currently spending up to the cap as far as I know so there is scope to improve the squad. Also they no longer need to pay a premium to persuade players to play in a 2nd tier competition if they are not in Super League.

29 minutes ago, dkw said:

There's no doubt about that, some leigh fans in particular are hilariously upset by anything Toronto on here. 

Doesn't take long for all things connected to Leigh to come to the surface for you does it dk, you can really crawl up the pants leg of tedium what a complete bore you are.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

They are not currently spending up to the cap as far as I know so there is scope to improve the squad. Also they no longer need to pay a premium to persuade players to play in a 2nd tier competition if they are not in Super League.

As far as you know ? , Me neither , but I'd guess at very close to it , it would be interesting to know what length of contract they gave out as well ?

16 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

This time last year was the most excited I have ever been watching a very boring tryless rugby match

I wish it was last year

It won't be tryless tonight. 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Are they currently operating at the full  £2M cap + 2 marquee players ?

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

After you wrote that in bold everthing else you say is totally irrelevant, obviously you don't really know any more so why write it down?

35 minutes ago, dkw said:

We like discussing the issues of the day , just like your good self , quite often opinions on those issues differ from yours , for some reason you seem to have a general dislike for our club and it's fans , why is that ?

10 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I'd expect quite significantly - I'm sure they had to overpay slightly to get players to drop down a level, plus whatever cap room they have left. 

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Who know's Dav, that is why I said in an earlier post in our discussion I wonder how long the contracts in place are.

So nobody knows anything about their cap spend,how much they have to strengthen if they win tonight,Hmm not really worth a discussion then.

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

After you wrote that in bold everthing else you say is totally irrelevant, obviously you don't really know any more so why write it down?

Well it's not when I'm replying to someone who is asking if they can get better quality on the same cap. Surely the onus is on the original claimant to show that they have no room on the cap to backup what they are saying? Oh right it's a Leigh fan and anti Toronto.

I have heard it said they are not spending up to the cap but sorry I haven't seen their accounts.

So it's irrelevant that they no longer have to pay a premium to persuade players to play in a 2nd tier competition if they are not in Super League. What a strange, twisted outlook you have.

1 hour ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Can't see anything other then a TW win.... 

Not so sure. There is nothing so dangerous as  Featherstone Rovers on a roll. I'd like Toronto to win, but in reality as long as the best team wins, that'll do me. 

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

Well it's not when I'm replying to someone who is asking if they can get better quality on the same cap. Surely the onus is on the original claimant to show that they have no room on the cap to backup what they are saying? Oh right it's a Leigh fan and anti Toronto.

I have heard it said they are not spending up to the cap but sorry I haven't seen their accounts.

So it's irrelevant that they no longer have to pay a premium to persuade players to play in a 2nd tier competition if they are not in Super League. What a strange, twisted outlook you have.

At least you got two things correct.

Archived