Total Rugby League Fans Forum
John Drake

Sat 5 Oct: Championship - Play-off Final: Toronto Wolfpack v Featherstone Rovers KO 7.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

108 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • Featherstone Rovers

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/10/19 at 18:30

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Does anyone know if the markings are annoying anyone? 

Just one Kentish obsessive,hope he isn't going to Old Trafford next week,those football markings will do his nut in.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Super League/Sky need to have words about the markings if they get promoted 

I feel like a friend or family member needs to have a word if that is top of your concerns during this game.

Very good game so far. Toronto doing lots of things right but I am stunned at how little McCrone and Mellor are offering. And I don't understand why Stanley won't pass to Kay.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

There’s a choke coming here from Toronto. I’ve been watching Saints long enough to recognise it. They look panicky, they’re making really terrible decisions, particularly on the last tackle options, and they look anxious.

6 minutes ago, bratman said:

Fev have been excellent, halves playing well. Big crowd!

Leeds players Callum Mcelland and Ashton Golding have both had a great first half, although I’m not sure dual registration players should be allowed to play in the MPG

• Like 2

Just now, Damien said:

Good half of Rugby. Much better game than the MPG last year but Toronto struggling in the same kind of way.

They’re looking much more expansive, but not necessarily better for it as their attacking structure looks shot. Not too dissimilar to Wigan at times last night. 

2 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

And half the teams in SL have football markings on the pitch. 

London and Newcastle have RU markings on theirs too.

Good first half. Precious few errors, penalties, time wasting or play acting. Neither team fit for SL then 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Damien said:

Harry appeared when Fev scored. He'll disappear again now.

Exactly, this may be hard to understand for you, but when I watch a game I give it my full attention, I watch and analyse what is going on in front of me,  if you noticed when that try was scored it was the first stoppage in play in an all action game, to good to take ones eye's off it, that's why I disappeared again, oh and when Toronto scored I went for a natural break.

• Haha 1

Just now, Man of Kent said:

Bet you they change if they go up. 

It is a municipal stadium FFS. It is not going to change.

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

I feel like a friend or family member needs to have a word if that is top of your concerns during this game.

Very good game so far. Toronto doing lots of things right but I am stunned at how little McCrone and Mellor are offering. And I don't understand why Stanley won't pass to Kay.

They really should have moved McCrone on at the end of last season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

That half flew by! Fev getting exactly what they deserve so far. Toronto far more expansive than last year’s final but there still seems to be a bit of a mental block in attack. 

Too much blowing from Fev's forwards at half time hooter

First rule of rugby - stand up and look strong at half time even if you are about to have congestive heart failure

2 minutes ago, Roy Haggerty said:

There’s a choke coming here from Toronto. I’ve been watching Saints long enough to recognise it. They look panicky, they’re making really terrible decisions, particularly on the last tackle options, and they look anxious.

Presumably that is what Wilkin was brought in for.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

They’re looking much more expansive, but not necessarily better for it as their attacking structure looks shot. Not too dissimilar to Wigan at times last night. 

I think full credit needs to go to Fev for that. 

1 hour ago, ckn said:

A bit late now but you can watch Sky in the EU via their app if you have a Sky subscription for the relevant thing.

No, not too late, thanks. Wondered what that Sky Go thing was! Not needed until now. Probably sucking the hotel Internet dry by now! Currently paused cos of adverts. 

Four legs good - two legs bad

35 minutes ago, Damien said:

Pot, kettle, black.

I have no idea what team if any you support , or if you want or not Toronto in SL , personally I do , and have stated as such loads of times , that doesn't mean we can't question things about them , just like any other club 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Damien said:

I think full credit needs to go to Fev for that. 

For their scrambling defence, yes, but Toronto have made a raft of half-breaks which will surely tell sooner or later. 

Just now, JohnM said:

No, not too late, thanks. Wondered what that Sky Go thing was! Not needed until now. Probably sucking the hotel Internet dry by now! Currently paused cos of adverts. 

Go on John... What exciting corner of the globe is your hotel in? 

Shows the importance of error free rugby in big games. That and a great kicking game by Fev has meant they’ve been at least the equal of Toronto. 

Just now, Man of Kent said:

Bet you they do.

Well if they don't you have to agree to not comment on a single TWP related post for the whole of next season. If they do change it, I will agree to like everyone of your posts for the whole of next season 😄 

• Like 1