Sat 5 Oct: Championship - Play-off Final: Toronto Wolfpack v Featherstone Rovers KO 7.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/10/19 at 18:30

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Theres been a few issues at Fax recently,t hat has alienated the Club and fans. Also Fax are not going for SL thankfully. On and off the field, they are like Fev and most of the Championship-nowhere near really for SL. I dont want Fax or Fev in SL,as they currently are and neither should SL,as neither are in good share off the field and offer nothing to the SL Comp. Thats one of the Main reasons I want Toronto to win and hopefully Toulouse next year.

Translation: " My club have had a terrible year on and off the field so I'm going to pretend Fev are in the same position so I don't feel so bad."

58 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Translation: " My club have had a terrible year on and off the field so I'm going to pretend Fev are in the same position so I don't feel so bad."

You on drugs? You are so blind to not see that Toronto offer so much and deserve to be in SL over Fev and others. I want my Club to do well,but the game for me is more important. SL should be the flagship to promote the sport. Sadly most Championship Clubs are not ready to bring anything to help enhance SL.

19 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

You on drugs? You are so blind to not see that Toronto offer so much and deserve to be in SL over Fev and others. I want my Club to do well,but the game for me is more important. SL should be the flagship to promote the sport. Sadly most Championship Clubs are not ready to bring anything to help enhance SL.

I have asked this before and no one was able to give me an answer.

What is this mystical thing that clubs need to 'bring'?

What things does a club need to do/be to 'add value' to super league?

What in your opinion can a club do to 'enhance' super league?

If people could talk in plain language what they think is the answer then that would be better than all those buzz word sayings and the like.

Just now, Private Baldrick said:

If people could talk in plain language what they think is the answer then that would be better than all those buzz word sayings and the like.

I have been asking the same things. It was the same with "meeting criteria", but nobody seems to know what.

19 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

I mean with expansion clubs they bring a new experience and audience, but with other clubs it's more "I don't like them and need a reason to not want them up - so they won't bring anything to the league"

24 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

I think enough money to be a competitive team.

Being able to portray a positive image on tv, through good crowds for one.

That's just on a simple level that can help with commercial and viewing figures.

On 02/10/2019 at 22:45, Kayakman said:

What we will do to nullify all of this is offer each of our fellas one huge Canadian diamond with gold chain from our sponsor 'Canadian Diamonds'. 

Then if our brave Canadian boys turn it around on them we give each of the fellas a matching, extra large, diamond ring!

Works every time.

Wilken will just play his heart out!

Just catching up on this thread, you have just confirmed what I said on another thread later in the week, you really are deluded.

???? = TWP,

?? not one of these in sight at the club, no players, no coaches not even the owner, although there may be one or two of the bartenders in the tented village though.?

Just now, TboneFromTO said:

I mean with expansion clubs they bring a new experience and audience, but with other clubs it's more "I don't like them and need a reason to not want them up - so they won't bring anything to the league"

Like Celtic Crusaders did.

On 03/10/2019 at 23:15, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Like Fev fans travel in their thousands! ??? And Toronto would give each SL club an extra million plus over Fev due to reciving no Sky money. And its easier to sell SL product with a club who can spend millions and who can open up a new market to SL.

Be honest, when attending Fax, which team has had the best following Fev or Toronto?£1M to each SL club extra eh, £1.825 M ÷ 11 = £166,000 each per season, which will stop when they are relegated the year after.

19 hours ago, Canis Lupus said:

The way Fev battered Toulouse in the play offs shows on field they are nowhere near SL either. Great performance by Fev but if Toulouse have SL ambitions that team was nowhere near the standard required.

I will let you into a little secret, your team is nowhere near the standard required by SL, McDermott knows this, you have to many ageing players who will get mullered especially those in the forwards, the speed and physicality of SL will result in injuries, all SL teams suffer this and you do not have a back up of younger ones coming through the system as backups, this is why McDermott is bleating it makes one wonder just how much room they have on the cap with the contracts all ready in place to refurbush the team. 

Good news for the game:

World wide broadcast

If you're not in one of the region's getting TV coverage you can stream it on facebook

Of note: Sportsnet will be broadcasting it! Which if it get good numbers could see that TV contract come in (if you are in Canada and have snw or snnow  please give it a watch instead of the CBC!)

Also. TV broadcast coverage in what looks like Mongolia....why not! #mongoliaSL2025

IMG_20191005_103652.jpg

1 minute ago, TboneFromTO said:

Good news for the game:

World wide broadcast

If you're not in one of the region's getting TV coverage you can stream it on facebook

Of note: Sportsnet will be broadcasting it! Which if it get good numbers could see that TV contract come in (if you are in Canada and have snw or snnow  please give it a watch instead of the CBC!)

Also. TV broadcast coverage in what looks like Mongolia....why not! #mongoliaSL2025

IMG_20191005_103652.jpg

It is rubbish that UK RL is not being shown in far more places than that. 

When we are trying to spread the sport in Africa etc. surely the sport should be given away to channels.

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I will let you into a little secret, your team is nowhere near the standard required by SL, McDermott knows this, you have to many ageing players who will get mullered especially those in the forwards, the speed and physicality of SL will result in injuries, 

Good job they are currently playing in the championship then.

Im fairly certain there will be changes to the squad if they do gain promoted although the last championship team promoted didn't do so bad with what was basically the same team.

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It is rubbish that UK RL is not being shown in far more places than that. 

When we are trying to spread the sport in Africa etc. surely the sport should be given away to channels.

World wide on Facebook though (all the grey is Facebook live!)

Do agree that it should be given away in emerging markets, more eyeballs more players!

Just now, Damien said:

Celtic Crusaders did a lot of great work and the legacy is still seen today with the Ben Flowers of this world. The trouble was when Samuels got bored and the money stopped.

Fair enough, but that's what can potentially happen when a Club relies on one man.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just catching up on this thread, you have just confirmed what I said on another thread later in the week, you really are deluded.

???? = TWP,

?? not one of these in sight at the club, no players, no coaches not even the owner, although there may be one or two of the bartenders in the tented village though.?

Fortunatley, most people these days don't define community and identity through an ethnic purity test, so I think they'll be fine. 

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Good job they are currently playing in the championship then.

Im fairly certain there will be changes to the squad if they do gain promoted although the last championship team promoted didn't do so bad with what was basically the same team.

Hello Dav, you are quite right with London, albeit they did get relegated in the end, and no disrespect to them at all they can only perform against what is in front if them, but one has to wonder if Saints had needed to win those two defeats at the hands of London they probably could have ensured they would have done, but glad they didn't it made the end of the season more exciting to read, comment on and watch, Thanks Saints.

Being fairly certain as you state that they will make changes to the squad, sounds to me that you know they need to make changes to the squad, you must see the same as I do, individually and collectively they are nowhere near capable of competing in SL with the present roster, how much have they got to spend? McDermott knows and it does  seem that he is to pleased with the prospect. 

Archived