Fri 4 Oct: SL - Preliminary Final: Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/19 at 18:45

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Wigan scrape through on home advantage but would love Salford to get the win. And no that’s not because I think Saints would have it easier against Salford. This seasons Salford team are as good as anyone in the top five. 

Salford have today produced the most inspirational piece of social media as a boost to sell season tickets for 2020.

I hope they put in an equally inspiring team performance on the pitch for this one.

Without a trip to Wembley,or Old Trafford,the accounts for Wigan,in the future,may look even worse than it was after their trip to Australia

apparently funded by local government,former player and tourist board.Or,maybe it wasn't.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/dave-craven-give-wigan-s-ian-lenagan-credit-for-bold-step-towards-australia-1-8676325

Salford win,and then news that Jackson Hastings didn't really sign a contract for Wigan...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Salford have today produced the most inspirational piece of social media as a boost to sell season tickets for 2020.

I hope they put in an equally inspiring team performance on the pitch for this one.

Without a trip to Wembley,or Old Trafford,the accounts for Wigan,in the future,may look even worse than it was after their trip to Australia

apparently funded by local government,former player and tourist board.Or,maybe it wasn't.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/dave-craven-give-wigan-s-ian-lenagan-credit-for-bold-step-towards-australia-1-8676325

Salford win,and then news that Jackson Hastings didn't really sign a contract for Wigan...

I am not sure what your train of thought is here, but we have already made it clear that this year’s accounts will be back to the “normal” level of the years aside from last year, save that we now have an asset worth millions to sell after our Robin Park development. Slightly off topic as far as the match is concerned, though...

if it was anyone but us, I would be 2000% behind Salford, who have a great team and play a wonderfully balanced and exciting brand of rugby. I hope they sell thousands of tickets and make the atmosphere special. Good luck to them. It’s a shame we can’t both win. I will be supporting the winning side a week on Saturday. 

I wanted Wigan to win until this morning (so we can smash them in the final) but having heard Salford’s CO on the BBC podcast this morning I now want them to make the final - I can’t remember him playing but he sounds like a top bloke and the club have some realistic but decent ambition. 

14 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Pointless article from untrustworthy Yorkshire in 2017. 

Its "toe the line" not "tow the line". If he and the subs can't get that right, then they are not going to get anything else right. 

Having seen Fev do a job on Toulouse I would hope Salford get the extra inspiration to do a similar number on The Pies.  Who ever wins I hope they go on to lift the trophy.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

I have nothing against Wigan ,them days have gone ,too long in the tooth now for that, but I would like Salford to win for the usual thing a new name on the SL win list " as long as it's not against  y team" yes I know ! I think Wigan will have been hard at it after the drubbing by saints home advantage could see them through ,but I'll plump for Salford by 6 . 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

2 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Likely to see a reaction from Wigan, unfortunately. I can’t see them being as poor for a third game on the spin. 

Me neither but I live in hope. My head says a game too far, whatever the result I salute every player it has been a hell of a season

On 01/10/2019 at 20:02, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Wigan’s confidence must be shot after the drubbing Saints gave them

Nah they'll be angry as hell and fired up.

1 hour ago, Gooleboy said:

Ian Watson has done a fantastic job, I hope his team can win on Friday.

Me too!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Come on Salford, great to see the real Red Devils at Old Trafford

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

Crikey, Wigan are the underdogs. I’d imagine the cherry and whites would prefer to lose on Friday than at the GF. that won’t be in the players minds at all, and if they can play like they’ve done for most of the last third of the season Wigan should win. Should be a cracker. 

Archived