Fri 4 Oct: SL - Preliminary Final: Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/19 at 18:45

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buzzing doesn't get even close. I've shed tears tonight.

Now desperately trying to find a flight back for next week. Five times I've tried to book only to be told that one of the legs is no longer available. Bloody search engines!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

1 minute ago, tonyXIII said:

Now desperately trying to find a flight back for next week. Five times I've tried to book only to be told that one of the legs is no longer available. Bloody search engines!

Congrats mate, enjoy it.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

2 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Best of luck Tony. Pleased for the Salford fans on here.

Even Celtic Rooster (although he doesn't watch $uper Gr€€d).

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

12 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Shut up and start walking.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I don't like gloating but who the hell would want to spend any part of any evening behind note behind Ince KFC?

It's not called playing badly, it's proper name is "BEING OUTPLAYED!"

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Wigan started off as last week a shambles then disintegrated into a rabble, Salford never let them into the game but must have been suprised at how easy it proved. It would be hard to believe that some of them are SL players never mind internationals, and as to how Williams has got a NRL contract heaven knows, he should be well rested as I don't think he's been on the field in the last 3 games.

Nice to see the Wigan crowd getting behind their team once again, though I expect they feel insulted that they are told that they have a team that can win a GF.

Salford deserve all the plaudits they are going to be given but I fear that next weeks task will be much sterner than they have faced in the last two.

36 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Just booked mine Tony, via Lanzarote. Can’t wait.

On 02/10/2019 at 15:16, John Boriston said:

Heart = Salford

Head = Salford

Gut feeling = Salford

See, ..........I were reet!

As for Saints next week, by my reckoning they will have played once in 4 weeks and that is a distinct disadvantage and there is no evidence to suggest that Salford will wilt on the big stage, therefore all the pressure is on the scousers being favourites.

I predict Salford will have another big win next week.

Gutted, I didn't see this coming at all. But fair play and well done Salford. Another disappointment was the home fans attendance, truly awful. If no one from wigan can be arsed to turn up to a semi final then the fans don't deserve a final.

Really pleased to see Salford make the final, even more so as its a so called lesser club with less resources than other clubs.

As for Wigan, two weeks ago they had a close play-off game with Salford, competed and won a tough tussle.  Yet tonight totally outplayed and nowhere near a close game.

What made the big difference?  self belief, confidence, tactics or just Salford wanted it much much more. ????

Sometimes you are the hammer and sometimes you’re the nail. 

Hats off to salford. I hope that they pull in support from everywhere for the final and it gives the club a massive boost. Organisation, heart and craft have taken them far. With a fair wind they could make next week a night for the ages. 

Without wishing to take anything away from what is Salford’s night, and year, I think we simply asked the young lads to go to the well too often. Losing Hamlin and then Tautai and Bullock, when we were already short on bodies up front, left us far too reliant on Byrne, Partytime and Smithies but they will hey much better, and Clark, Burgess and a fit again Bullock will make a massive difference. Plus of course Hastings is 100% pure class. 

On a final note, I am thrilled to see the ex Wigan players getting their shot as to a man they put their bodies on the line for us. 

Here’s to salford. May they leave nothing out there next week. 

Archived