Fri 4 Oct: SL - Preliminary Final: Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/19 at 18:45

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Oliver Clothesoff said:

You just did. 

Sarcasm. Did I lose you somewhere?

Anyhoo, Salford for me shown far more enthusiasm, energy and desire. We looked like a team that had ran out of steam. Good on you Salford. I'll be there next week cheering you on.

Playing a team in form then next week. Difficult. That said, we failed against a side 6 weeks ago that couldn’t score or win before we played them. 

We’ll be favourites next week but that’s meaningless. Only London have scored more against us this year and that was a heavily rotated side, whereas when we played Salford, that was a strong side we put out, so we’ll have to be at our best. 

Congratulations to Salford, its some story that they’re part of. Though I hope it ends miserably next week for the fans. 

Oh and one of my favourite bits was the half time notice from Wigan about how to buy final tickets ?

One Salford fan stands to win over 20,000 if Jacko wins man of steel. At the start of the season he placed a bet for a top 5 finish and MOS for Jacko.

some weekend for him!

2 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

Oh and one of my favourite bits was the half time notice from Wigan about how to buy final tickets ?

One Salford fan stands to win over 20,000 if Jacko wins man of steel. At the start of the season he placed a bet for a top 5 finish and MOS for Jacko.

some weekend for him!

All his mates who took the mickey out of him earlier this year will be in hiding!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

GOT MY TICKETS! WOO HOO! I'm off to Old Trafford. I can't believe it!

Had to book each leg separately. Set all of them up in separate windows then started booking as fast as possible, praying one of them didn't disappear. Got them all.

Fri 11 Oct 22:30 Heraklion to Athens. Cost EUR 116 (£103 roughly)

Sat 12 Oct 06:00 Athens to Amsterdam then 10:05 Amsterdam to Manchester. Arrive 10:25. Cost £166.11

Sun 13 Oct 00:15 Manchester to Athens then 9:55 Athens to Heraklion. Arrive 10:45. Cost £153.80

Total Cost £422

Two airport overnights, so no hotels needed. Need to book the match ticket now.

OT! Here I come!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

3 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Had to book each leg separately. Set all of them up in separate windows then started booking as fast as possible, praying one of them didn't disappear. Got them all.

Sat 12 Oct 06:00 Athens to Amsterdam then 10:05 Amsterdam to Manchester. Arrive 10:25. Cost £166.11

Sun 13 Oct 00:15 Manchester to Athens then 9:55 Athens to Heraklion. Arrive 10:45. Cost £153.80

Total Cost £422

OT! Here I come!

That’s some journey, Tony. Mine was quite easy. Gran Canaria to Lanzarote then Lanzarote to Manchester on Friday. Return the same way on Sunday. Can’t wait.

5 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Total Cost £422

OT! Here I come!

I am coming over from Denmark. Let’s catch up. 

Great game and should be a tight Grand Final. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

14 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Total Cost £422

OT! Here I come!

Wow, well done.

As a neutral I'm absolutely chuffed to bits Salford have made the GF, they play the game in the right spirit and it’s great to see a talented English coach doing well.

It’s not beyond them to beat Saints, they have literally nothing to lose, get a score up early on on and Saints could buckle under the pressure, they have got a lot of form in that regard!

Unfortunately im not free next Saturday but I reckon I’d try get a ticket if I was

43 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

Well just got back, hair smells of beer, throat is sore and almost speechless.

Salford are in a grand final really not sunk in yet.

Wow Wow Wow.

Really pleased for you and Tony and all the other Salford fans on here. I'm also really pleased that your team has prevented a Saints v Wigan final.

Best of luck next week. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Huge well done to Salford! Unbelieveable with the resources they have had and the journey they've been on. I'm absolutely delighted for them. Unlucky Wigan....despite my Warrington allegiance I actually enjoy our good  banter and rivalry, so truly, best wishes.

Saints have been the massive form team of the year. It's a steep ask of Salford, but it can be done!

I love this element of uncertainty! 

59 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Total Cost £422

OT! Here I come!

Absolutely thrilled for you Tony.

I would pay a few bob now to guarantee a win for your lot next week.

Whatever happens, enjoy the experience, these occasions don't come round too often.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Absolutely thrilled for you Tony.

I would pay a few bob now to guarantee a win for your lot next week.

Whatever happens, enjoy the experience, these occasions don't come round too often.

GET IN!!!!! Thats some journey, but gotta be done mate. Im currently trying to find a cheap train return to OT myself for next week.

Two things stood out watching that:

Jackson Hastings is a fantastic player.

Where are the Wigan fans?

Last week Lam called for home support against Salford, they didn’t get it. That was meant to be home advantage for Wigan, it ended up being an advantage to Salford as their end was pretty full while the other three sides were very sparsely attended. Salford were the much better team and in all likelihood would have won if the ground was packed, but it is not easy to perform when there is such apathy. 

2 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

Total Cost £422

OT! Here I come!

That's all very well. 

. But how are you going to get back? ???????

Amazing from Salford tonight. What an achievement for a team with one of the lowest budgets in Superleague. Am so pleased for their fans, they might not have big crowds but they have a real hard core set of fans. What has happened to Wigan though, they have a semi final and their fans don't even bother to turn up! Worrying for them going forward. 

38 minutes ago, JohnM said:

That's all very well. 

. But how are you going to get back? ???????

No aeroplane needed my friend. I'll just fly!

While I'm here, can I just say, "Thank you." to everyone on here. The kind thoughts and good wishes from everyone (especially the Wigan fans, who must be disappointed) have been really uplifting. What a great game this is! What great fans you all are!

Edit. Yes, I am piffed. (Shakespearean spelling)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

5 hours ago, DoubleD said:

I feel sorry for the Wigan fans who actually turned up tonight. That was an abject performance for a play off semi 

No,Wigan didn't play bad, Salford just played better, Wigan were dominated by a team at the top of their game who played superbly well snuffing out the opposition and putting them under pressure in every aspect of play. Too often we hear fans saying x team were garbage yet actually it's the performance of the opposition that undoes them and makes them look ordinary at best.

Abject is when you concede 72 to Wakefield and get drummed by 80 in the same season, abject is having 50+ put on you three times in a season and 40+ six times, Wigan were never abject, trust me.

Archived