Sun 6 Oct: NRL Grand Final: Sydney Roosters v Canberra Raiders (Merged Threads)

Who will win?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Sydney Roosters
    • Canberra Raiders

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/10/19 at 08:30

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed the incident that led to the Roosters try. I did see most of the woeful attacking that Canberra did: five drives down the left-centre channel followed by a meek bomb. Rinse and repeat 50 times, even with a man advantage.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Just Browny said:

I missed the incident that led to the Roosters try. I did see most of the woeful attacking that Canberra did: five drives down the left-centre channel followed by a meek bomb. Rinse and repeat 50 times, even with a man advantage.

This is why I can't go as far as to say the Raiders were robbed because they had them on the ropes for most of the the second half and got 2 points from it.

Terrible decision for the deciding try.

Then again, the Raiders' composure in attack was often lacking too, and the Roosters' defence was excellent. Still, this final leaves a sour taste.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great contest. The Raiders will be truly gutted. 

Game was lost on Leilua being a greedy guts (as usual) and bombing that possible try for Rapana.

couple of key referee decisions helped the Roosters hugely.

Wighton and Nicol-Klokstad were excellent tonight. Also thought Bateman got the better of Cordner.

Great determination from the Roosters defence to keep them in it, and the individual skills got them home.

hope the SL GF can keep me on the edge of my seat as much as this has.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 minute ago, andyscoot said:

This is why I can't go as far as to say the Raiders were robbed because they had them on the ropes for most of the the second half and got 2 points from it.

I quite agree, Raiders had so much ball but attacked like Wigan. Still, they have to feel aggrieved given the effort they put in, there was more than a little injustice.

The issue of coaches and trainers on the field behind the attacking team must be addressed. If ur not attending to an injured player on the ground you should not be on the pitch during play.... end of! 

To change a call of ‘six to go’ several seconds after making the signal was awful... clearly Canberra we’re playing to the call... then in the resulting set for Sydney they make a break and score the winner. 

Not saying that Canberra deserved to win but they didn’t deserve to lose in those circumstances. Spoiled an exciting game for me... two refs and a video ref and they still screw it up! 

The first try by Roosters was only scored after an amazing decision to give Roosters the scrum after a Rsiders kick was charged down and then hit the Roosters kit man just as Whitrhead could have picked up and scored. Didn’t the same thing happen in the York v Fev game but that decision went the other way . Meanwhile not mentioned at all on channel 9

5 minutes ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

The first try by Roosters was only scored after an amazing decision to give Roosters the scrum after a Rsiders kick was charged down and then hit the Roosters kit man just as Whitrhead could have picked up and scored. Didn’t the same thing happen in the York v Fev game but that decision went the other way . Meanwhile not mentioned at all on channel 9

The feed was given to the attacking team after play was irregularly affected.

It was the correct decision.

1 minute ago, Sports Prophet said:

Teams should just start putting a trainer on at every kick and aim it at them, get the ball back and a fresh set of 6.

Patwigaw

2 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Should they? 

I don’t agree with the rule, but the rule was applied correctly.

Yes, if they’re the rules. It is a ridiculous rule and should be changed, but if thats what happens teams should abuse it.

Patwigaw

3 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

It was the correct decision but the rule needs a desperate overhaul. Not only would Whitehead likely broken downfield should it not have hit the trainer(potentially leading to a try), but the ricochet went to a raiders player too.

It's bad enough watching these "water carriers" coaching teams through a game like it's under 7's without them being able to directly advantage their team. If the rule stays as is, what is to stop teams just employing them to follow kicks and clean up any charge downs for repeat sets?

24 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Terrible decision for the deciding try.

I think this is a bit over dramatic. Yes, the ref's cocked up their calls and Canberra got caught in possession in the Roosters 20 when they could perhaps have got an attacking kick away.

But the Roosters still had to move the ball downfield and then break the defence and score 80 yards away several tackles later.

The decision led to the Roosters having possession in their 20, not the actual try.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived