Women’s League Leaders Shield - no medals awarded

You can get a nice engraved medal done for about £2 a go. So that's a whole £40 the RFL are saving.

If it's true.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Wasnt this already covered here 

basically he went to the wrong place.. decided to go home... absolute cock up but not because they were too poor.. but because they were too unbelievably disorganised and not acting like a national governing body at all... 

I recon the "don't have enough money" headline may actually be better for the RFL than "utter bunch of incompetents" headline

1 minute ago, RP London said:

Wasnt this already covered here 

basically he went to the wrong place.. decided to go home... absolute cock up but not because they were too poor.. but because they were too unbelievably disorganised and not acting like a national governing body at all... 

I recon the "don't have enough money" headline may actually be better for the RFL than "utter bunch of incompetents" headline

But they've had three weeks to find them since and hand them over.

If they exist.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Throw in another quid a medal and they could have them in a nice presentation box.The girls deserve better.

Absolutely true.

7 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

But they've had three weeks to find them since and hand them over.

If they exist.

yes thats a fair call.. unless of course this is an old story being rehashed without any follow up... i know our media is normally really careful about misreporting things and checking their sources but mistakes happen :kolobok_ph34r:

in all seriousness it is utterly shambolic.. i remember the London League Final of 2006 and there were 2 sets of nice shiney medals (more than 17 to make sure squads were covered), the trophy (which they must have had to get from the previous winners a few weeks before) and everyone was not only there on time but everything was nicely laid out at the end. 

Same with the RLC Premier grandfinals we were involved in, all ran like clockwork, all the stuff needed was there... its not difficult to do and if it is about money its not bloody expensive either!

Archived