Toronto Given Green Light to Enter Super League

Just saw the following new item, here, on the TotalRL front page:

Toronto given green light after Super League meeting
(October 2, 2019 Matthew Shaw)

https://www.totalrl.com/toronto-given-green-light-after-super-league-meeting/

16-Champ.-Rovers-v-Wolfpack.-Torontos-Gareth-OBrien.-PHOTO-BY-MATTHEW-MERRICK.thumb.jpg.6b2e891b6102a7ea220d94108d4e10dd.jpg

We are still waiting for official statements from the RFL and the Super League, not to mention the obvious fact that this is all pending a Toronto Wolfpack Victory, in the Championship Grand Final, this Saturday, October 5.

This is big news, though; and, as a season ticket holder since 2017, I couldn't be more excited!

Official Statements:

News Reports:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CanadianRugger said:

Great!  Booking my trip to Catalans and Leeds asap!  

I'm pulling for an early season home game in Vancouver at BC Place!

I hope someone in the Fev squad is printing these comments out and pinning them up in the dressing room. Just the motivation they need !

Just now, hrtbps said:

I hope someone in the Fev squad is printing these comments out and pinning them up in the dressing room. Just the motivation they need !

Haha!  Glad I could be of help Jack Bussey!

Oh dear, some people are going to be very angry and make some very long posts. :kolobok_biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, hrtbps said:

Yep. Clarification would be a better word for it. 

Not a dig at your word. Just a generalisation that a team had to be approved. Should never have come to that - if they are in the competition then they should be allowed to participate in any league.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Just now, Stirlin said:

Parky will do that on his own.

Just one post...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Oh dear, some people are going to be very angry and make some very long posts. :kolobok_biggrin:

There’s a game to play first though.  

1 minute ago, Chris Taylor said:

Not a dig at your word. Just a generalisation that a team had to be approved. Should never have come to that - if they are in the competition then they should be allowed to participate in any league.

IMO, it was only going to end one way, with SL bosses wanting the money.

Lets see how much is used to better stadia or develop players.

4 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

There’s a game to play first though. 

Very true...

That said, it's not gonna stop me from looping this video, for the rest of the week, just to get in the mood for a Wolfpack victory:

Pleased but handled appaulingly by Elstone.

Dont think clubs with large debts/deficits should receive additional money.Clubs with sub standard grounds should have to use any additional money to pay for ground improvements.

Archived