Toronto Given Green Light to Enter Super League

32 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Oh dear, some people are going to be very angry and make some very long posts. :kolobok_biggrin:

No long post from me Futtocks, I just hope SL have come to the right decision, I can't  believe there will not be conditions attached to the admittance, just awaiting to see what they will be, then the Wolverines can start moaning all over again!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, hrtbps said:

I hope someone in the Fev squad is printing these comments out and pinning them up in the dressing room. Just the motivation they need !

I thought my Leeds ight comment in another thread would have done it for them already.

4 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Maybe we should wait for AFTER the game on Saturday before making too many plans?

#justsaying 

Nah. Party time lol

55 minutes ago, cookey said:

Pleased but handled appaulingly by Elstone.

Dont think clubs with large debts/deficits should receive additional money.Clubs with sub standard grounds should have to use any additional money to pay for ground improvements.

Toronto having to without their share of the TV money is shocking but predictable, it really shows what a small time, Mickey Mouse operation the so-called "Super League" is.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

No long post from me Futtocks, I just hope SL have come to the right decision, I can't  believe there will not be conditions attached to the admittance, just awaiting to see what they will be, then the Wolverines can start moaning all over again!

HATE TO SAY IT TO YOU AGAIN (its ripping me apart)...BECOMING A WEE BIT OF A PATTERN HERE (troubling for you Harry)  ..."TOLD YOU SO HARRY STOTTLE!"

20 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

Toronto having to without their share of the TV money is shocking but predictable, it really shows what a small time, Mickey Mouse operation the so-called "Super League" is.

Its a big mistake by the SL clubs actually...they take a pittance NOW BUT MISS A BIG SCORE LATER....Penny wise but pound foolish.

Toronto wins again.

Great news! Hope TW can win the game on Saturday now. GOOD LUCK!

I do think it’s a disgraceful decision to simply carve their share of funding up for the other 11 clubs though.  If they are not getting the funding then at least invest it properly in growing the game, not just plugging debts of clubs ... but SL have form for this (When the shared out Bradford’s money!)

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

7 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Great news! Hope TW can win the game on Saturday now. GOOD LUCK!

I do think it’s a disgraceful decision to simply carve their share of funding up for the other 11 clubs though.  If they are not getting the funding then at least invest it properly in growing the game, not just plugging debts of clubs ... but SL have form for this (When the shared out Bradford’s money!)

They made Gateshead go without a share of the TV money in 1999 too, so unfortunately it's just par for the course in English RL.  They've always looked after the traditional clubs, no matter the cost to the game.

Super League has made a right meal of this. The Clubs are so skint and short sighted they cant see the benefits that Toronto will bring. I cant see why toronto needed to prove themselves when you look at the state of a number of Clubs in SL. And you would think Toronto would have got the green ( or red) light before now. Least we can now just concentrate on the game instead of wondering if Toronto win that they would be accepted in to SL.

1 hour ago, Big Picture said:

It’s outrageous Toronto will receive no sky tv money.

Surely this must mean sky have no right to show Toronto games unless they negotiate a deal directly with the Wolfpack.

Why doesn’t every club negotiate their own tv deal? Leeds would certainly be much better off if that was the case

20 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It’s outrageous Toronto will receive no sky tv money.

Surely this must mean sky have no right to show Toronto games unless they negotiate a deal directly with the Wolfpack.

Why doesn’t every club negotiate their own tv deal? Leeds would certainly be much better off if that was the case

Whilst it is not the route I'd have gone down, the money is SLE's to distribute as they see fit. It isnt just an even split 12 ways of everyone in SL. 

SLE hold all the cards. TWP dont get their own rights.

I'd have posted this on t'other thread if somebody hadn't locked it , though I was banned again for a minute ?

It seems my idea about using Canadian Union players as a source for future Canadian RL players is about as realistic as converting baseba, sorry rounders players to RL given their result today ?

13 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Whilst it is not the route I'd have gone down, the money is SLE's to distribute as they see fit. It isnt just an even split 12 ways of everyone in SL. 

SLE hold all the cards. TWP dont get their own rights.

So am I right in thinking the headline could be "SL and existing SL clubs set to lose £1.9m in funding if Toronto lose"? Bizarre.

Archived