Magic Weekend back to Newcastle?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Eddie said:

I hope so, there couldn’t be a more pointless place to hold it than Anfield. 

Wasn't quite pointless.

We kicked a penalty goal.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Smart move, venue has proved popular with past Magic Weekends, and the fact it is likely to be played on the Bank Holiday Weekend should help push crowds even more. 

Ensuring the Thunder take part in the event would possibly be the icing on the cake in terms of growing crowds.  If they do get promoted to the Championship, Thunder v Bradford, or Thunder v York would be two fixtures which would help move the needle for Game Day crowds.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

Excellent news, should never have moved away.

The clubs have voted for it so that indicates it's a confirmed offer from Newcastle.

Just be aware there are 2 Bank Holidays in May. This year's Magic was on the later one but the article does not confirm that will stay the same. I've booked both weekends (cancellable) to be on the safe side.

18 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Excellent news, should never have moved away.

The clubs have voted for it so that indicates it's a confirmed offer from Newcastle.

Just be aware there are 2 Bank Holidays in May. This year's Magic was on the later one but the article does not confirm that will stay the same. I've booked both weekends (cancellable) to be on the safe side.

Newcastle play Tottenham at home on May 2nd so it won't be the first bank holiday weekend.

2 hours ago, NERugbyDad said:

Newcastle play Tottenham at home on May 2nd so it won't be the first bank holiday weekend.

The early May Bank Holiday has been moved to 8th May to commemorate 75 years since VE Day, so the early Bank Holiday weekend is 8-10 May.

Suspect that it is most likely to be held on the end of May Bank Holiday though, after all the soccer has finished.

44 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

The early May Bank Holiday has been moved to 8th May to commemorate 75 years since VE Day, so the early Bank Holiday weekend is 8-10 May.

Suspect that it is most likely to be held on the end of May Bank Holiday though, after all the soccer has finished.

That's something new learnt today.

As you say,  would still expect it to be the second one once the football seasons finished.

1 hour ago, Chris22 said:

I wouldn't be against a couple of years in Newcastle, then one year at another venue and repeat.

I certainly wouldn't want to close off any potential bids from other host cities, but Newcastle is great.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Newcastle is a great city. However should we not be trying out new places?. What's wrong with taking to major cities like Birmingham, Bristol or even abroad to Barcelona? If that's what the club's and majority of fan's want then so be it. 

42 minutes ago, Rage said:

Newcastle is a great city. However should we not be trying out new places?. What's wrong with taking to major cities like Birmingham, Bristol or even abroad to Barcelona? If that's what the club's and majority of fan's want then so be it. 

Makes sense to go somewhere there there is a RL culture; going to Bristol or Birmingham would be pointless unless anyone there is interested in setting up clubs, getting the game into schools etc. 

45 minutes ago, Rage said:

Do those cities want to host it? Are they making bids? 

Archived