England Academy vs Wales Academy

• 3 weeks later...

5 hours ago, Fuzzy said:

Shame the saints lads couldn't play but I'm sure their Aussie tour made up for it 

The Highlights to all the Saints tour games are on the clubs website. Lost only once (last minute try against the Roosters) and won the rest. Lewis Dodd player of the tour, outstanding in every game and I can see why Saints were now prepared to let Richardson go with this kid coming through the ranks.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 minute ago, Saint Toppy said:

The Highlights to all the Saints tour games are on the clubs website. Lost only once (last minute try against the Roosters) and won the rest. Lewis Dodd player of the tour, outstanding in every game and I can see why Saints were now prepared to let Richardson go with this kid coming through the ranks.

These Saints Academy tours are fantastic and a real credit to the club.

They went down narrowly to the Roosters but I believe they beat North Sydney, Souths and Penrith juniors. That's a successful tour.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

These Saints Academy tours are fantastic and a real credit to the club.

They went down narrowly to the Roosters but I believe they beat North Sydney, Souths and Penrith juniors. That's a successful tour.

A lot has been said about clubs taking players from other service areas but one of the big reasons Saints are so successful in attracting young players to their academy is the chance to go on these tours to Oz every 2 years. A large number of these young players never make it to 1st team and even fewer will ever make it to international level and the chance to tour down under so these academy tours are a big draw for a youngster.

I've never understood why other SL clubs don't run them ? The benefits to both the club and the players far outweigh the costs.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

3 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

A lot has been said about clubs taking players from other service areas but one of the big reasons Saints are so successful in attracting young players to their academy is the chance to go on these tours to Oz every 2 years. A large number of these young players never make it to 1st team and even fewer will ever make it to international level and the chance to tour down under so these academy tours are a big draw for a youngster.

I've never understood why other SL clubs don't run them ? The benefits to both the club and the players far outweigh the costs.

Completely agree.

When I was a teen in the 80's the Wigan District Council organised a tour down under for the combined colleges. I was playing for St John Rigby in Orrell.

I got through through to the final selection round and missed the cut. I was gutted, the chance to go to Australia and play Rugby League as a 17 year old was a dream.

I'm still disappointed 30 odd years later!

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived