Who’s going to the GF then?

Eddie

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Becoming a regular occurrence. I’m a bit torn this year. Would love Salford to get there, but then feel it maybe one match too far for them and Saints may run away with it. 

on the other hand saints v Wigan again, doesn’t get my juices flowing, but could be a much closer match. 

2 minutes ago, Copa said:

I’ll be at the NRL GF.

Nobody here cares. ?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Bought my tickets last Saturday morning in the East Stand, only missed one GF since 98. I'll be backing Wigan if we win or Salford if they beat us.

I know there was a similar discussion regarding Wembley, but have just looked and a hell of a lot of sections are currently showing as "sold out" on the ticketing site and there aren't that many available in the others so it'll be a decent crowd.

Having said that they haven't opened the North Stand top tier "stratosphere level" seats yet. Sat up there one year near the back and the players were like ants.

10 hours ago, johnh1 said:

I will be looking at flights straight away, but they are now silly money since Thomas Cook went bust, but will do my best to get there.

Me too. Prices have shot up in the last two weeks and some of the better-timed flights are booked up.

If Salford win, I'll do my damnedest to get there. If I can't get flights at a reasonable price, I'll go to the local sports bar, watch the game and have a few beers.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I’m in Helsinki today and will watch in a Sports Bar, and if Salford win, I’m booking my tickets for the GF tomorrow.

I’ve seen Salford play on the ‘big screen’ on Bondi Beach Sydney, Kiev Ukraine, Puerto Pollensa Majorca 3 or 4 times and now Helsinki Finland.

My home is in Marlow ‘darn sarf’, but I’m a Langworthy Road boy with my heart in Salford......especially this season, it’s been fantastic!

With 3500 tickets being sold we could have 5,000 there tonight with walk-ins!!

Come on you Reds!

11 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

I'll be going, nervous already! 

I saw that. I'm unsurprised if loads of the Saints sections have sold out, just can't believe that many neutral areas have. I'm also inclined to not believe it due to previous RFL idiocy in this regard. Here's the picture for anyone interested:

mm?id=2254

Only 20 quid if you take six cats ?

46 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

I'll be going, nervous already! 

I saw that. I'm unsurprised if loads of the Saints sections have sold out, just can't believe that many neutral areas have. I'm also inclined to not believe it due to previous RFL idiocy in this regard. Here's the picture for anyone interested:

mm?id=2254

This is just exactly the same as the Challenge Cup Final. The Saints end was apparently sold out for weeks. In reality it wasn't, by some distance.

At least one difference here is that they have stated that the sold out sections may be on sale at Saints and to try them. I'm not sure why they don't just have the areas blocked out saying 'Saints allocation' or something.

32 minutes ago, Eddie said:

What’s WU205 all about then?

24 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Not on sale so is it a camera position or something for sky 

I think that is a corporate section. I sat in there last year courtesy of BetFred.

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

This is just exactly the same as the Challenge Cup Final. The Saints end was apparently sold out for weeks. In reality it wasn't, by some distance.

At least one difference here is that they have stated that the sold out sections may be on sale at Saints and to try them. I'm not sure why they don't just have the areas blocked out saying 'Saints allocation' or something.

If you go on the saints website the lower stretford end is all sold out and you can only now buy category 5 in the upper tier or cat 6 in the corner, so those in the lower tier must be genuinely sold out. 

Archived