Who’s going to the GF then?

Eddie

1 hour ago, johnh1 said:

On the Salford forum, we have one coming from New Zealand, one from Greece and 3 from Gran Canaria. Some air miles there.

The one from Greece is probably our very own Tony XIII

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My son was supposed to fly with his girlfriend to Fuera Ventura yesterday for 10 days. He's now going next Sunday instead for only 7 days and it has cost him £400 extra to do that. He bought 14 tickets from Salford yesterday, including mine. A mate of mine is in the Algarve with his wife and due to fly back to Manchester on Saturday - mid afternoon - too late for the match. He plans to fly to Gatwick on Friday, stay overnight in London then get the train up for the match. His wife said no chance. I will be keeping an eye on that one!

5 hours ago, Dave T said:

It was one of the worst Rugby League experiences of my life. The level of drunkenness was appalling - and I say this as somebody who had had a fair few drinks myself.

Did you actually have a VIP ticket Dave, or did you just climb into the VIP section?

Wire fans eh?? ? ? 

13 hours ago, Celtic Roosters said:

My son was supposed to fly with his girlfriend to Fuera Ventura yesterday for 10 days. He's now going next Sunday instead for only 7 days and it has cost him £400 extra to do that. He bought 14 tickets from Salford yesterday, including mine. A mate of mine is in the Algarve with his wife and due to fly back to Manchester on Saturday - mid afternoon - too late for the match. He plans to fly to Gatwick on Friday, stay overnight in London then get the train up for the match. His wife said no chance. I will be keeping an eye on that one!

Brilliant,I hope all the effort is rewarded on Saturday evening mate

It is likely that the whole of the bowl (excluding 3rd tiers) should sell out, which have a capacity of 56.5k. 

The two upper tiers behind the goals have capacities of 6,450 each, and I'd expect probably half of these to go as a minimum. That suggests 63k. Any further sales in those upper tiers take us towards the 70k mark. 

Last year we had 64.8k with no real question marks over the crowd, so I'd hope we can at least get similar this year. 10 years ago we got 63.2k for a Leeds v Saints Final.

6 minutes ago, M j M said:

Those £40 tickets in N3401 and N3402 worry me, I've never seen those blocks unsold at this stage before a Grand Final before. Which is why I lean more towards 60k than higher estimates.

Yep, and they dont appear to be shifting, but in reality it is a modest amount available.

The real risk is how many empty seats are sitting with partners and agencies that may be returned. 

16 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yep, and they dont appear to be shifting, but in reality it is a modest amount available.

The real risk is how many empty seats are sitting with partners and agencies that may be returned. 

Those blocks only ever had every other two rows on sale which indicates they've not all been released for sale. 

4 hours ago, M j M said:

Those blocks only ever had every other two rows on sale which indicates they've not all been released for sale. 

Yes, my hope on that is that they were selling half direct, and the alternate rows were with 3rd parties. 

But as is always the way with RL events, it is probably best to assume the most pessimistic estimate!

3 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

According to Ticketmaster there are 3357 tickets still available.

Not sure what the "sell out" attendance would be assuming these are sold

The North Stand 3rd Tier, which is not yet on sale holds 4k, meaning they have c70k on sale, if they are selling all seats in open stands.

You will notice however that blocks behind the goals (2nd tier) hold about 1k each and there is little sign of sales in the edge blocks. E331 for example has the back still blocked out that are clearly not for sale (no reason why people would choose the back), and the rows in front of them are unsold. It looks like the front half of these were with the club, so could be sold or unsold. There are 4 blocks like that in the Salford end, which must have at least half unsold (c2k empty).

It is similar in the Saints end, although it looks like sales are starting to spread in the wider blocks. I wouldn't be surprised if next to none have been sold in the wide blocks behind both goals. 

But, it will be what it will be, Old Trafford always looks better on TV than Wembley due to being far more compact and even low 60-odd thousand has looked good, which I would think we should get. 

The one from Greece is me. (Unless there is another Salford fan here who I have yet to meet).

About four weeks ago, when I first suggested the possibility of going to the GF, Carol didn't hesitate and said "Yes" immediately. I do love her.

I'm hoping to meet up with Padge and Bob8 at lunchtime on Saturday. If any of you see me, do say "Hello". I'll be wearing a brown barbour style rainproof jacket over an old style red Salford shirt with th white 'S' on the left breast.

Enjoy the day, everyone!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

5 hours ago, Dave T said:

It is likely that the whole of the bowl (excluding 3rd tiers) should sell out, which have a capacity of 56.5k. 

The two upper tiers behind the goals have capacities of 6,450 each, and I'd expect probably half of these to go as a minimum. That suggests 63k. Any further sales in those upper tiers take us towards the 70k mark. 

Last year we had 64.8k with no real question marks over the crowd, so I'd hope we can at least get similar this year. 10 years ago we got 63.2k for a Leeds v Saints Final.

I remember the 63k Leeds - Saints game was 2009 i think...was Saints 4th final in a row after losing the last 2 to us and about to become 3 in a row and there was noticeably a few less Saints end which was understandable. Also EDL march in manchester led to many trains being cancelled.

Majority of finals now will hit 68-72k capacity.

As far as this one goes i would expect 65k which is fine and will probably only mean the very top sections are empty 

32 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

It seems the advertisers have agreed to allow Salford are in adverts on all the digital signs across the city including at the roundabout for M602 on the way in to Manchester

That's a great advertising idea, tweet a photo. It looks well supported already, if they get 65k plus as predicted I think it's a great effort considering it's a so called 'small' team in the final, Salford a erged 2.5k last year, I hope there's a legacy here and their crowds increase. Either way lots of respect to Ian Watson, Ian's Blease and the Salford club 

46 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

The one from Greece is me. (Unless there is another Salford fan here who I have yet to meet).

About four weeks ago, when I first suggested the possibility of going to the GF, Carol didn't hesitate and said "Yes" immediately. I do love her.

I'm hoping to meet up with Padge and Bob8 at lunchtime on Saturday. If any of you see me, do say "Hello". I'll be wearing a brown barbour style rainproof jacket over an old style red Salford shirt with th white 'S' on the left breast.

Enjoy the day, everyone!

Have a great day Tony! Following Salford is a genuine roller coaster ride ? 

1 hour ago, Red Willow said:

It seems the advertisers have agreed to allow Salford are in adverts on all the digital signs across the city including at the roundabout for M602 on the way in to Manchester

It's not just the team on the field that has produced results, the back office has also been much more effective this year in raising our profile. Good work!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Archived