Members Meeting

The Baron Mk11

On 05/10/2019 at 23:39, moorside roughyed said:

How are things over there now? 

Same as, just have to wait for the meeting so all the keyboard warriors will be in the same room asking the same questions LOL.

Congratulations to all you Roughyeds on a blinding season and a well deserved promotion. shame we won't be with you.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Meeting will now be at 7.00pm to allow all those working time to get home, throw down some tea and have a swill. LOL.

Doors will still be open at 6.30pm, tea and coffee will be available.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

I think the main concern is that the meeting is run within the society rules and certainly with better governance on the evening.

Surely individuals jumping up out of their seats, charging out of he room, slamming doors and returning waving pieces of blank paper around threatening members with this that and the other cannot be tolerated.

Lets hope that the top table can be heard for once and they are allowed to run the meeting, this has not previously been the case.

The agenda is set by the Officers / Directors and not the floor of the meeting on the night.

Lets wait and see,

Mark Reynolds

5 hours ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Same as, just have to wait for the meeting so all the keyboard warriors will be in the same room asking the same questions LOL.

Congratulations to all you Roughyeds on a blinding season and a well deserved promotion. shame we won't be with you.

Cheers mate. The team have been fantastic this season. Our incoming coach whoever that may has an almighty job keeping us up. With a bit of luck we may see you all for the"A627m el classico"law Cup game. I hope all at Hornets can come together and come back stronger. All the best. 

The fact of the matter is many of those people "from the floor" have put blood sweat and a great deal of effort into the club.  The "Officers" now need to show the troops they can be trusted especially now as they have their ball back. I really hope it works out going forward.

Lets wait and see.

On 07/10/2019 at 16:58, Hornets Nest said:

Surely individuals jumping up out of their seats, charging out of he room, slamming doors and returning waving pieces of blank paper around

You seem to be forgetting why that was last time.

threatening members with this that and the other cannot be tolerated.

When did that happen?. Some people were at a different meeting.

Lets hope that the top table can be heard for once and they are allowed to run the meeting

They were heard last time, the problem is that what was being said was against the rules. 

The agenda is set by the Officers / Directors and not the floor of the meeting on the night.

It was last time, the problem is it was changed mid way through.

There will be a club statement issued later today. I'd just like to say that it was fantastic to listen to the Chair (best not name names) speak so passionately about the club, she delivered the speech in an ultra professional manner to a silent floor. The strain of the last few week was evident for all to see - take a bow Chair and the rest of the Board for bringing some semblance of order back and being so honest with Members. Well Done.

1 hour ago, Hornets Nest said:

I'm guessing that two statements are imminent - one from the club (CEO) and one from 100% Hornets who called for the vote of no confidence in the Board.

Spare a thought for Mr Calland.

What's happened to Matt? 

3 hours ago, Hornets Nest said:

I'm guessing that two statements are imminent - one from the club (CEO) and one from 100% Hornets who called for the vote of no confidence in the Board.

100% Hornets are a fan group to support the club.

The protest group are a group of fans that have problems with two members of the board.

While some of the 100% group are also members of the protest group the two are in no way connected.

Blaming one when you mean the other puts a negative light on a group of supporters who are for the club. 

I have to ask why someone would do that when the information is out there?.

28 minutes ago, The Lad said:

100% Hornets are a fan group to support the club.

The protest group are a group of fans that have problems with two members of the board.

While some of the 100% group are also members of the protest group the two are in no way connected.

Blaming one when you mean the other puts a negative light on a group of supporters who are for the club. 

I have to ask why someone would do that when the information is out there?.

100% Hornets changed their colours and published a statement on their website stating  and I quote verbatim " at a meeting on 8th July it was decided that in protest to the lack of democracy within the club our organisation would adopt the clubs original colours, until such time as we feel proper fans representation is restored to the boardroom",........ seems pretty clear to me

2 hours ago, Athleticgrounds said:

100% Hornets changed their colours and published a statement on their website stating  and I quote verbatim " at a meeting on 8th July it was decided that in protest to the lack of democracy within the club our organisation would adopt the clubs original colours, until such time as we feel proper fans representation is restored to the boardroom",........ seems pretty clear to me

I was referring to the statement that 100% called for the vote, when it was the protest group. And saying in that respect the two are not connected. I'm sorry if that went over your head.

I don't understand how you think you are 'winning' this argument one of us is looking at the facts and statements made from both perspectives and the other is just stating opinions and living in an echo chamber. (The second one is you).

Archived