costa

Bradford AGAIN (Merged threads)

Blumming hummer, a certain poster has posted on the Bradford Fans Forum,we all know posters do not make stuff up so it must be true. 

Wakefield Ram, I am with you on that,I do not know Mark Sawyer but I know he knows a hell of a sight more than random posters trying to stir up trouble. What I would like to know is when the Accounts and Details appear on Companies House and they do not like them,what are they going to do about? Take the R.F.L. or the Bulls to courtor carrying on saying I told you for the next 10 years.The R.F.L. and Mark Sawyer have seen the accounts so even though they may make unpleasant reading they believe they can overcome the problems.As for the Bradford Bulls supporters site they will probably be the dimwits that post in the T&A.

3 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Blumming hummer, a certain poster has posted on the Bradford Fans Forum,we all know posters do not make stuff up so it must be true. 

Wakefield Ram, I am with you on that,I do not know Mark Sawyer but I know he knows a hell of a sight more than random posters trying to stir up trouble. What I would like to know is when the Accounts and Details appear on Companies House and they do not like them,what are they going to do about? Take the R.F.L. or the Bulls to courtor carrying on saying I told you for the next 10 years.The R.F.L. and Mark Sawyer have seen the accounts so even though they may make unpleasant reading they believe they can overcome the problems.As for the Bradford Bulls supporters site they will probably be the dimwits that post in the T&A.

What's this got to do with Sawyer... He is chairman of Dewsbury.  Why is he getting involved in Bradford.  Too damn right he knows more than random posters

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Small investors to be named shortly ,all with 5% of shares.

That will be interesting - will it involve other RL chairmen I wonder? (Pure speculation, not based upon any knowledge whatsoever, just for the avoidance of doubt.)

• Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 minute ago, Blind side johnny said:

That will be interesting - will it involve other RL chairmen I wonder? (Pure speculation, not based upon any knowledge whatsoever, just for the avoidance of doubt.)

I didn't think people involved with one Rugby League club were allowed involvement with another, but i could well be wrong.

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

I didn't think people involved with one Rugby League club were allowed involvement with another, but i could well be wrong.

As long as you hold <25% of shares or voting rights in another club (amongst other criteria) you are not classed as an Influential Person at that club - you can only be an IP at one club.

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Really? 

15 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Mark Sawyer has been nothing but straightforward and honest at Dewsbury for the last 16/17 years. I would trust him above any comments posted on forums or made in the media.

This has got to be the crux of it surely? Dewsbury have had their ups and downs but they've not been a basket case over that period. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt until having a reason not to purely on track record.Especially in semi-pro sport with it's record of chancers and fly-by-nights. 2 decades (nearly) of reasonably sensible stewardship in that environment is what most clubs ought to dream of...

3 hours ago, fairfolly said:

Unless Im getting confused the RFL and Sawyer have seen the revised budgets rather than the accounts? Why has the takeover not been officially completed despite what these trustworthy people are saying?

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Unless Im getting confused the RFL and Sawyer have seen the revised budgets rather than the accounts? Why has the takeover not been officially completed despite what these trustworthy people are saying?

Surely it's just the same as buying any business. It involves terms of agreement and contracts which involves lawyers who, acting in the best interests of their respective clients, won't rush things unnecessarily. Notwithstanding the angst and impatience of forum posters I don't see the buyers/sellers getting their knickers in a twist over this, unlike you.

Edited by Blind side johnny

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Surely it's just the same as buying any business. It involves terms of agreement and contracts which involves lawyers who, acting in the best interests of their respective clients, won't rush things unnecessarily. Notwithstanding the angst and impatience of forum posters I don't see the buyers/sellers getting their knickers in a twist over this, unlike you.

So you are saying it might not bequite over the line yet then?

While we're taking a purely benign interest in bankrupt clubs not paying their debts, can I ask when Halifax are going to pay Leeds the money they still owe for Graham Holroyd?

Edited by M j M
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, fairfolly said:

Blues Ox,

Still digging that hole I see. Your hands must be full of blisters by now.

Not digging a hole, asking questions that Bradford fans should be asking. If the deal isn't quite signed sealed and delivered then it goes back to the question of who is doing the asset stripping and which companies are benefiting from it and do they have links to the people who are taking over?

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Be bizarre if (the numbers in Ross H's interview with Sawyer are correct) other Championship chairmen end up owning 67% of the Bulls.... 

Bradford fans have asked the questions they wanted to know the answers to last week at 2 fans forums.The vast majority seem quite happy with the answers.You will of course always have some who you could never please.I will ask the question again "why are you bothered" and if you are not happy with the answers you require what are you going to do about it.

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

The vast majority seem quite happy with the answers.

That's good they could with something positive.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Not digging a hole, asking questions that Bradford fans should be asking. If the deal isn't quite signed sealed and delivered then it goes back to the question of who is doing the asset stripping and which companies are benefiting from it and do they have links to the people who are taking over?

What assets are there to strip. What the hell are you talking about? Nobody's making any money out of this.

4 hours ago, M j M said:

While we're taking a purely benign interest in bankrupt clubs not paying their debts, can I ask when Halifax are going to pay Leeds the money they still owe for Graham Holroyd?

No problem. Leeds can have him back.

?

• Like 2

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Batley chairman Kevin Nicholas reported in LE to have bought a smallish stake. An honourable man if ever there was one.

Forgive my naivety on Bradford matters but are things starting to look up for the Bulls? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Batley chairman Kevin Nicholas reported in LE to have bought a smallish stake. An honourable man if ever there was one.

Forgive my naivety on Bradford matters but are things starting to look up for the Bulls? 

Denied a few days ago https://www.thepressnews.co.uk/sportsnews/sawyer-defends-role-in-bradford-takeover Yet more contradictory stories.....

• Like 3