Total Rugby League Fans Forum
costa

Bradford AGAIN (Merged threads)

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I see that they are holding two fans' forums at Dewsbury next week to update supporters on the current position and their plans for the future. This sounds a lot more positive, let's hope.

being held by the not yet owners........

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

being held by the not yet owners........

I think by the time next week arrives they'll either

1.Be the owners, in which case the forum goes ahead

or

2. They'll have got cold feet and disappeared from the scene, in which case the forum will be cancelled.

Edited by paulwalker71

On 12/10/2019 at 10:49, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Starting a new club with no debts, ties to the past etc, makes far more sense.

If it were that easy, it would have been done already.

You can't start a new club with no money and expect it to do anything but fail.

You can't just erase an existing club from history because it is currently in a mess. 

Someone has to get a grip of the mess and resolve it.

The starting point for that is being honest with people about the extent of the mess.

Maybe we'll get that at the fans forums next week.

I won't hold my breath in expectation though.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, John Drake said:

You can't just erase an existing club from history because it is currently in a mess. 

The starting point for that is being honest with people about the extent of the mess.

The problem is the whole Bradford Bulls situation is toxic, the glory years were built on sand that some couldn't get out of quick enough when things and past decisions caught up with them. Those that followed were mislead or hadn't the means or ability to steer the ship into calmer waters as the situation and progressive owners went from bad to worse.

Starting off yet again in the bottom tier should have allowed a firmer base to be created but the millstone of Odsal and once again allowing expectations to run away with them along with more poor decisions eg pricing, full- time contracts for too many  has sunk them yet again it seems.

How many more times they can go to the well and find it dry  is questionable, without major financial backers prepared to accept no return on their outlay for many years (and there seems to be none of those on the horizon for any club) it  looks nigh impossible for them to prosper or survive long term

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RigbyLuger said:

Some close to the Bulls said Chalmers was a "shrewd businessman" but it's amazing how quick they change their tune when it suits.

Craig Harrison's comments on Backchat were quite revealing I felt.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

You tell that to Chester City fans. 

On 12/10/2019 at 10:49, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Who would trust the Bulls? Here people are owed thousands again who got dudded by the likes of Hood, Green etc. People wont do business with a Club that consistantly has money problems and doesnt pay its bills on numerous occassions. Why would a consortium take over a Club with well over 500K debts? I get the feeling the new consortium will pull out. If that happens, Bradford Bulls should be closed down. Things cant go on as they are. Starting a new club with no debts, ties to the past etc, makes far more sense.

To be honest I'm 100 % on that and you can search back on my views on this over the years. That's why I feel it's a make or break purchase for the new owners and must take on the debt (as daft as that seems). I - and many have been going longer - have been home and away for most games for nigh on 25/6 years. I can't take another admin. Leaving people high and dry is not acceptable. Work out the debt and manage it over a couple of years. 3 full timers instead of 8 (Steve Crossley isn't one) and blood the youngsters. 

• Like 1

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Seems to be a huge story behind this...

If Mr Brereton has been in consultation with Mr Chalmers,since March,presumably with a view to taking the club over,why allow the club to accrue such losses before the deal is ready for completion?

Are the 'hints' on social media correct that the RFL have been paying players wages? 

Once again the players and supporters have been treated disgracefully and the full facts will never be released.If there are people guilty of some serious misdeeds,they will just walk off into the sunset,unperturbed.

If the RFL were made aware that playing at Odsal was too expensive for the previous/current incumbents,what action did they take and why decide to allow them a reserve side for 2020 and continue giving the club money for the Academy.

Once again,if the RFL are meant to police the salary cap but not be aware of rising debts and people not being paid,then this regularly repeated misconduct by the same club beggars belief.

Should be an interesting fans forum.It may take more than 2 days/nights for all the questions to be asked,and answered.

• Like 2

Born - didn't ask. Dying - didn't argue                                 

To be honest I'm 100 % on that and you can search back on my views on this over the years. That's why I feel it's a make or break purchase for the new owners and must take on the debt (as daft as that seems). I - and many have been going longer - have been home and away for most games for nigh on 25/6 years. I can't take another admin. Leaving people high and dry is not acceptable. Work out the debt and manage it over a couple of years. 3 full timers instead of 8 (Steve Crossley isn't one) and blood the youngsters. 

Thats one of the reasons I wanted the Bulls to die legally and properly. How many local small Businesses and players are left out of pocket AGAIN? I just cant see how keeping Bradford Bulls alive, the club can move forward, with debts, contracts etc holding it back. This applies to any sports club that after numerous attempts to keep it going with debts it has, somebody must close it completely down legally etc. If the will is there, then start it up again with no debts or ties to the past, like Oldham, Hunslet etc have done.

Edited by Lounge Room Lizard

39 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

If Mr Brereton has been in consultation with Mr Chalmers,since March,presumably with a view to taking the club over,why allow the club to accrue such losses before the deal is ready for completion?

Are the 'hints' on social media correct that the RFL have been paying players wages? 

Once again the players and supporters have been treated disgracefully and the full facts will never be released.If there are people guilty of some serious misdeeds,they will just walk off into the sunset,unperturbed.

If the RFL were made aware that playing at Odsal was too expensive for the previous/current incumbents,what action did they take and why decide to allow them a reserve side for 2020 and continue giving the club money for the Academy.

Once again,if the RFL are meant to police the salary cap but not be aware of rising debts and people not being paid,then this regularly repeated misconduct by the same club beggars belief.

Should be an interesting fans forum.It may take more than 2 days/nights for all the questions to be asked,and answered.

I'm so glad that I never gave a penny to this club when the begging bowl came out, I've given to plenty of others but Bradford always seemed to be a case of run by wrong uns, it's just rinse and repeat!

If all of that is true it yet again proves the RFL are not fit for purpose and Bradford/those in charge should never be allowed back into the game from any of the ashes of what is left of the current club, they are a joke, ruining people's lives and a disgrace to the sport

The sport won't miss Bradford, certainly not when it's made the financials of the RFL and by definition the rest of the sport poorer just money wise alone. Let it die and pay off the people who are owed!

Edited by Denton Rovers RLFC
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

If its true that the RFL have been paying the players wages they are setting a dangerous precedent, and will be expected to do the same to other clubs if they hit financial problems.

It seems to me very odd that it appears the RFL are doing every thing possible to keep Bradford running, but at the same time they wanted 500,000 from the Catalans for a poor CC 2018 final attendance, but didn't want anything from Warrington who the Catalans beat and this year was another poor CC final attendance but so far no mention of bonds for either club net year.

NZRL almost went bust when a certain person was in charge.  Northern should have been more careful in selecting their CEOs and hope they have learned from this.

Edited by frank
Adition

2 hours ago, frank said:

NZRL almost went bust when a certain person was in charge.  Northern should have been more careful in selecting their CEOs and hope they have learned from this.

Indeed.

For me the whole Bradford takeover has been shrouded in mystery from day one,  almost like Chalmers is a front man for a person or persons who doesn't want his ID  exposed. Just saying

56 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Indeed.

For me the whole Bradford takeover has been shrouded in mystery from day one,  almost like Chalmers is a front man for a person or persons who doesn't want his ID  exposed. Just saying

Eric Perez?

13 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Craig Harrison's comments on Backchat were quite revealing I felt.

Wow, having just seen the show as I'm abroad at the moment i knew things were very serious at Bradford, but now i think they are beyond critical.

I can't for the life see how they will survive unless a money man or men come in and then them people will have a lot of debt to pick up , plus make payments into things that obviously haven't had payments put into them.

Now that dane Chisholm tweet makes sense 😉

6 hours ago, frank said:

The Bulls didn't 'select' Andrew Chalmers, the RFL approached him and parachuted him into position

Hope that helps

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

If all of that is true it yet again proves the RFL are not fit for purpose and Bradford/those in charge should never be allowed back into the game from any of the ashes of what is left of the current club, they are a joke, ruining people's lives and a disgrace to the sport

The sport won't miss Bradford, certainly not when it's made the financials of the RFL and by definition the rest of the sport poorer just money wise alone. Let it die and pay off the people who are owed!

Yes, you've expressed this view before.

And what, may I ask, should happen to those loyal supporters like me who have supported the club all of our lives? Are we to be 'not allowed back into the game' either? 

As always in these situations, it is the loyal fans who are shafted. I can assure you that most right thinking Bulls fans (and I count myself as one) are thoroughly sick of the lies from owners, the deceit, the behind the scenes 'deals', the shady dealings of the RFL, the non-payment of suppliers etc. We take no pleasure from the way that our club has brought disrepute and embarrassment to the sport

But we just want to team to support, one that can bring honour to our city. Are we to be denied that pleasure in life just because a series of RFL-appointed shysters have been given ownership of the club?

• Like 9

17 hours ago, John Drake said:

If the club is effectively the "fans, why then do the fans not call a forum and create a new club. They are the heritage, not bricks and mortar and debt.  If there are investors then they invest in the fans don't they? The fans are the clubs family.  If the club is dead, then bury it respectfully and let the living get on with renewal, get on with their lives.

45 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

The Bulls didn't 'select' Andrew Chalmers, the RFL approached him and parachuted him into position

Hope that helps

I'm at a loss to think why the RFL brought in Chalmers.

Was he living in the UK at the time?

Is he a self made millionaire who has a history of turning around failing business's?

Why did Damian Irvine leave when he has a history of turning around failing sports clubs?