Total Rugby League Fans Forum
costa

Bradford AGAIN (Merged threads)

6 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

With regards to Peltier? He did a piece about a week and a bit ago saying he's hanging tight as he loves the Bulls, he is a fan favourite, easily a good championship player and I know personally Halifax would have had him in a breath. No offence to Donny but surely a step down.

You no doubt believe all of Chalmers comments if you believe the comments of players. Yes he is a good championship player, but if Doncaster offered him a better contract in some way, then maybe why he signed for them. No doubt you and every other fan know that Halifax (or insert club) would have him. The rumour factory throws out any info to help players/agents get better deals.

Edited by Lounge Room Lizard
  • Like 1

On 18/10/2019 at 22:08, Wolford6 said:

Rowan Milnes and Matthew Storton put up for sale; James Green, Ethan Ryan, Mattie Wildie, Jake Webster, Matt Garside and Ross Peltier  gone. We are now reportedly down to 12 senior players on contract.The new consortium won't make a positive takeover till Andrew Chalmers produces the current accounts. He's apparently out of the country.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/17978138.bradford-bulls-buy-out-bid-waiting-accounts/

The club is a shambles. We've been here before but, this time, I fear the worst.

Merry Christmas, Mr Chalmers.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chalmers never comes back here, unless forced too

2 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

You know that circumstances can change, don’t you?

Except it seems at the club in Bradford, start in the Sixties, and see how the cycle repeats itself, in ever shortening time frames. The Phoenix bird is reborn in glory, the Oozlum bird disappears up its own 'arris', pun intended. Time for this ridiculous notion that Rugby League will fall apart without "the people's club" is laid to rest forever. As for Ross, he is a ko guy, but having gone to Bradford he should have bailed out after the first year. 

• Like 1

Blimey. I am sure one forum user predicted this a couple of weeks ago. Who was it? Own up?

Whilst I think all but those who buried their heads in the sand believed that the saga would not play out well, I am sure we will all feel incredibly sorry for the fans, once again. Rugby League exists primarily for the supporters, but so often at this club they appear to have been put last. Sad times.  

9 minutes ago, LeeF said:

I wonder what has made him change his mind? 

It's pretty obvious for those who have been following the story

He made it clear that he couldn't get to the bottom of the amount of debt was in the business. Two days ago he said this in the Telegraph and Argus

What we’re waiting for at the moment is Andrew to file the accounts in Companies House. We cannot buy the business until he does that.”

I think we can assume that either he concluded that Chalmers wasn't going to file accounts (or at least accurate ones) - or that he got his hands on the accounts and they are worse than he thought.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Reading between the lines apparently theres a £100,000 bill due in a few weeks for unpaid wages, tax etc . Also its possible as a businessman he would let the club go into administration first meaning he can then come back in and get the club much cheaper and relatively debt free?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

It's pretty obvious for those who have been following the story

He made it clear that he couldn't get to the bottom of the amount of debt was in the business. Two days ago he said this in the Telegraph and Argus

I think we can assume that either he concluded that Chalmers wasn't going to file accounts (or at least accurate ones) - or that he got his hands on the accounts and they are worse than he thought.

What's the general mood amongst Bulls fans Paul? Has everyone turned on Chalmers or are there still pockets of support?

It must be a dreadful time, given the roller coaster of emotions already encountered this year. 

On 19/10/2019 at 13:19, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Just go away and die, have some respect for the sport ffs!

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

10 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

What's the general mood amongst Bulls fans Paul? Has everyone turned on Chalmers or are there still pockets of support?

It must be a dreadful time, given the roller coaster of emotions already encountered this year. 

On our RLFans forum is a mixture of gallows humour and resigned weariness. There's a few crackpots on the FB pages having a rant - but I don't see any 'support' for Andrew Chalmers, that's for sure.

My own view is that we are well past the time of 'rescue'. The Bulls 'brand' is toxic and needs to be completely wound up. I'd rather see us start over with a completely new identity with ZERO ties to the Bulls. If that means playing out of Horsfall in League 1 as Bradford Northern, then so be it. 

I do NOT want to see some cobbled together consortium being approved by the RFL AGAIN - doubtless with zero financial resources, and thus being back at this exact same point again in 2-3 years.

It needs to be a complete fresh start or - as they say on Dragons Dens - 'I'm out' (And I detect a big section of the supporter base saying the same thing)

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

On our RLFans forum is a mixture of gallows humour and resigned weariness. There's a few crackpots on the FB pages having a rant - but I don't see any 'support' for Andrew Chalmers, that's for sure.

My own view is that we are well past the time of 'rescue'. The Bulls 'brand' is toxic and needs to be completely wound up. I'd rather see us start over with a completely new identity with ZERO ties to the Bulls. If that means playing out of Horsfall in League 1 as Bradford Northern, then so be it. 

I do NOT want to see some cobbled together consortium being approved by the RFL AGAIN - doubtless with zero financial resources, and thus being back at this exact same point again in 2-3 years.

It needs to be a complete fresh start or - as they say on Dragons Dens - 'I'm out' (And I detect a big section of the supporter base saying the same thing)

I think that is the reality of it. That said, once again, creditors have been screwed over.

Whatever happens, the game needs a proper way of ensuring that spending beyond their means (including knowing about and executing their business responsibilities properly) is not possible for any club. 

I’ve only come on here to see if the story a mate WhatsApp’d me is true.

I no longer have any interest in RL, bar a cursory read of headlines occasionally but a few things have struck me in this thread, mainly the sheer hatred of Bradford by many on here. It’s incredible.

One guy (Denton?) is turning green and telling Bradford to FOAD. Others are asking why they appointed Chalmers (clearly unaware of the actual story) Maybe if they’d been getting attendances of 4-500 for the last 20 years it might be ‘good old Bradford ’? I expect so

But the funniest is that the game won’t miss Bradford. Aye, ok a division that has gates in the low hundreds, really wouldn’t miss one that generated ones of 4-5K? 😂😂😂

Maybe the problems in 2012 we’re self inflicted but since then the RFL has had a huge hand in affairs and we now reach the end of the road. Great work from the guardians of the game.

But as I say, I don’t give a monkeys anymore so what happens doesn’t concern me.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

I’ve only come on here to see if the story a mate WhatsApp’d me is true.

I no longer have any interest in RL, bar a cursory read of headlines occasionally but a few things have struck me in this thread, mainly the sheer hatred of Bradford by many on here. It’s incredible.

One guy (Denton?) is turning green and telling Bradford to FOAD. Others are asking why they appointed Chalmers (clearly unaware of the actual story) Maybe if they’d been getting attendances of 4-500 for the last 20 years it might be ‘good old Bradford ’? I expect so

But the funniest is that the game won’t miss Bradford. Aye, ok a division that has gates in the low hundreds, really wouldn’t miss one that generated ones of 4-5K? 😂😂😂

Maybe the problems in 2012 we’re self inflicted but since then the RFL has had a huge hand in affairs and we now reach the end of the road. Great work from the guardians of the game.

But as I say, I don’t give a monkeys anymore so what happens doesn’t concern me.

Things have moved on since you moved on, you're wide of the mark everywhere. For someone with no interest you sure have a lot of baloney to say.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Things have moved on since you moved on, you're wide of the mark everywhere. For someone with no interest you sure have a lot of baloney to say.

You do realise what you write is on here and not just in your head? Anyone can read of your hatred of Bradford.

But ATEOTD so what? I won’t be around to see what happens. I care only slightly less about your drivel than i do about what happens next. See ya 😘

3 hours ago, LeeF said:

Well one thing is certain about Chris b. He certainly knows what a toxic crock of sheight looks like.

Just my opinion but I would strongly suspect he realises that there is nothing worth rescuing

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Well one thing is certain about Chris b. He certainly knows what a toxic crock of sheight looks like.

Just my opinion but I would strongly suspect he realises that there is nothing worth rescuing

I can understand that, but I have to wonder why it even got as far as it did. Surely he would have made some basic enquiries before declaring a public interest? ie do they owe a shedload of money etc etc? Or maybe he was lied to? 

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

I can understand that, but I have to wonder why it even got as far as it did. Surely he would have made some basic enquiries before declaring a public interest? ie do they owe a shedload of money etc etc? Or maybe he was lied 

I am sure he did. However it takes time to dig and uncover problems. He only get involved a couple of weeks ago so he has acted reasonably quick. I know nothing of the details but can only give an opinion. Basically the club must be beyond rescue is my conclusion.

Johnoco, I to am done with the game. After 69 years of supporting,sponsoring,donating to clubs struggling with debt,that is me done. Anybody with anything to do with R.L. will never get a penny piece from me again. I get two weekly R.L. papers,inc R.L.E, and a quarterly journal. That now has finished as from today I have notified my newsagent to cancel these papers.The next thing to go will be my Sky contract. I am absolutely disgusted with some of the posts on this forum from "so called " R.L. supporters.This forum prints posts that they know is complete gossip but yet choose to allow it to be read.

To those so called supporters who will be glad to see the back of Bradford, be very careful what you wish for. In two years time the Championship and League 1 will be completely amateur. Maybe then we will see which clubs can afford to carry on when they can no longer field a team without having to go begging other clubs to borrow their players.By the way I am not saying Bradford are blameless in this fiasco,they most certainly are,but the biggest culprits are the R.F.L. who turned decent offers to save the club to install who they wanted in.Unfortunately we will never find out because the people who oversaw this fiasco will never come clean.They will just hideaway behind their desks and laptops waiting for it all to go away.

• Haha 2

I think Bradford Bulls should be wound up,liquidated and shut down for good.

They have become too toxic and are frankly beyond rescue or help.

And if there is to be a new Bradford Club they should set up from new with a brand new name,but of course with Bradford in it.And if they do that then they should start out life in Championship 1.

And if that was to happen then in my opinion Barrow should be offered the opportunity of a reprieve or allow Newcastle to take their place in the Championship.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

I am sure he did. However it takes time to dig and uncover problems. He only get involved a couple of weeks ago so he has acted reasonably quick. I know nothing of the details but can only give an opinion. Basically the club must be beyond rescue is my conclusion.

If that is the case then someone has no doubt dodged a bullet.

2 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

According to the T&A (October 8th) he's been surveying the scene for a lot more than 'a couple of weeks'

Former Wakefield director Brereton has been courted by the chairman for some time, according to sources.

Brereton even flew out to see the Bulls play in Toronto in May and then two months later was in Toulouse for their memorable 36-34 win. He has also been shown around the club’s offices and training facilities by Chalmers during the season.

Chris Brereton himself was quoted in the T&A on October 16th as saying

“This started for me in March when I offered to give assistance to Andrew.

34 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

According to the T&A (October 8th) he's been surveying the scene for a lot more than 'a couple of weeks'

Chris Brereton himself was quoted in the T&A on October 16th as saying

Is it just me who sees a common denominator?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

May be the process of getting involved did start earlier. However what we now know is that he has obviously seen or found out something to make him pull out.

We shall all have to draw our own conclusions till more is revealed.