More Change In The Championship

Blind side johnny

I see that Keiron Purtill has resigned as coach of Widnes and is joining Hull as an assistant.

Is this yet another sign of the uncertainties resonating through the Championship?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 minutes ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

Or maybe Hull were offering more money.

Full time Vs Part time, so more cash, yes.

I suspect that a perceived lack of ambition also played a part. Expect Widnes to be in the Championship for some time.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I suspect that a perceived lack of ambition also played a part. Expect Widnes to be in the Championship for some time.

At least we’ve lost Toronto now thank goodness.  

1 minute ago, NickD said:

At least we’ve lost Toronto now thank goodness.  

Yes, they have now left us behind to return to normality.

40 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

I really enjoyed my trip to Toronto .... was hoping to go again!! .....Hmm Whitehaven .... 

Chin up...Ive heard you can go to Toronto anytime of the year...

4 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

I really enjoyed my trip to Toronto .... was hoping to go again!! .....Hmm Whitehaven .... 

Could be worse, like Workington for example.

19 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

“Perceived lack of ambition”

trans: “Living within their means.”

If so, I reckon they’ve a fair chance of surviving for a good few years.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

5 hours ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

“Perceived lack of ambition”

trans: “Living within their means.”

If so, I reckon they’ve a fair chance of surviving for a good few years.

An erudite man like you SJS will understand the qualifier "perceived". This is the same perception that some fans of our respective clubs exhibit annually.

• 2 weeks later...

If circumstances permitted, (they don't), i would move to Vancouver in an instant.... but anywhere in Canada would be considered. Its a proper chilled out country. Its cities are clean. It isnt angry like the uk. The transport systems are fab and i know its an oft used cliché, but the folk i have met have been most hospitable without any exception. I once got bol locked in jasper for driving too fast, the bloke couldn't have been more polite or considered when speaking to me.

I was in Donny yesterday. It was aggressive, at times intimidating and threatening. It wasn't pleasant.... it was untidy, there was an unpleasant smell and kids off their bits on spice were hanging out of shop doorways.

Now, I'm not saying Canada doesn't have issues, it does. But the stark real comparison was there for all to see last night in donny. #shieeitehole.

4 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Watching rugby in Canada is Nirvana to me

Isn't Nirvana where you go when your life has ended? A bit like Morecambe in fact.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Now, I'm not saying Canada doesn't have issues, it does. But the stark real comparison was there for all to see last night in donny. #shieeitehole.

Can’t disagree but interesting that you single Donny out.  Have you been to many West Yorkshire towns recently ?

That  said we will be fine once we get Brexit done.  Most of the Brexit oldies I know tell me it’s going to be like Nirvana once it’s sorted.  Everything will be perfect and all our ills will be banished. Personally  I still think it’ll be nicer in Vancouver ?

7 minutes ago, NickD said:

Can’t disagree but interesting that you single Donny out.  Have you been to many West Yorkshire towns recently ?

That  said we will be fine once we get Brexit done.  Most of the Brexit oldies I know tell me it’s going to be like Nirvana once it’s sorted.  Everything will be perfect and all our ills will be banished. Personally  I still think it’ll be nicer in Vancouver ?

Don't start me on the brexit debate Nick..... I'm managing (badly) to supress my ire on that subject..... 

I could have mentioned almost any uk town to be honest..... 

On 17/10/2019 at 10:40, Robin Evans said:

Don't start me on the brexit debate Nick..... I'm managing (badly) to supress my ire on that subject..... 

I could have mentioned almost any uk town to be honest..... 

to be fair i were in cas this morning first thing and everyone were so polite,have never heard morning so many times in market/cafe/bank, always liked ossett/pontefract, and barnsley is ace for shopping, compared to say dewsbury thats gone down the pan past few years.

19 minutes ago, silverback said:

to be fair i were in cas this morning first thing and everyone were so polite,have never heard morning so many times in market/cafe/bank, always liked ossett/pontefract, and barnsley is ace for shopping, compared to say dewsbury thats gone down the pan past few years.

If it was first thing you won't have seen many locals......

Archived