out of interest

tms

2 minutes ago, POR said:

As a FEV fan not counting our canadian friends how many who want toronto to win tonight would ?

want toronto to beat toulouse  in the final or wanted toronto to beat london last year 

Toronto over London.

Possibly Toronto slightly over Toulouse, although that one is very close 

12 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Toronto over London.

Possibly Toronto slightly over Toulouse, although that one is very close 

I'd go with that too. If London were well financed and playing in a SL quality ground it would be a different story but at the moment their entire setup is Championship level.

As a neutral I tend to root for the underdog, part of what sport should be about imo.

So London and Toulouse (both underdogs based on the big differences in salaries)

Feath tonight would be the best underdog stor6 of the lot (but I think Toronto will be a bit too good).

Wanted London to win because it’s an away game that’s basically a home game, living in the South East. 

Wanted Toulouse to come up, I’ve done Catalans/Perpignan five times now and it’s great but it’s become a little predictable now and Toulouse would have been nice as a new place to visit. 

Want Fev to win today because I know I can’t afford a trip to Toronto in the next year or two, so I’m more likely to get cheap train tickets to Fev. That said, if Toronto decided to play Saints in Europe/elsewhere in the UK, I’d be up for that:

That’s me being selfish but I can certainly see the likely benefits to Toronto coming up and the coverage the game will get if they’re promoted. 

I want Toronto to win as the SL needs a shake up, and it also desperately needs another powerhouse.

I am very fond of Fev would be pleased for them if they win as I have many happy memories on the terraces there as a kid. I would also have been pleased to see Toulouse win, but they are not cash and market ready like Toronto are. 

It may work or may not in Toronto, but if it does it could change RL in this part of the world forever (and more importantly the mindset).

fev for me all day long, playing for pride and not bucks,all this canadian flag waving when most are from ex leigh/salford area and spend a lot a time in manchester dont work for me at all,would look totaly different if they had half a dozen home grown players. so FEV by 12. cant wait.:kolobok_popcorm1:

4 hours ago, Damien said:

I'd go with that too. If London were well financed and playing in a SL quality ground it would be a different story but at the moment their entire setup is Championship level.

Says a lot about the rest of super league then

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

I wanted London to win last year as having the nation's capital represented is important (and I can go!).

I probably would have supported Toulouse over Toronto as I love the French Rugby League area.

Perfect scenario.... a 14 team Super League with all three of them in.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived