flawed system

tms

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way football has promotion from the Championship to the Premier League is the best IMO. Have both automatic promotion AND playoffs. The top team ie Toronto automatically go up replacing the bottom club ie London, and therefore don't take part in the playoffs. 2nd to 5th are in the playoffs, and the winner plays the 2nd bottom of SL in MPG. Simples.

2 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

A lot of people think that Toronto should be deemed champions and promoted because they topped the league.

Yet the same people think the SL champions should be decided by a play off system.

Strange.

In debating whether the promotion system is the right one it is irrelevant what teams are involved.

15 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

A lot of people think that Toronto should be deemed champions and promoted because they topped the league.

Yet the same people think the SL champions should be decided by a play off system.

Strange.

What I find strange is the inability of people to comprehend the fact that the promoted team needs to survive a full season in a stronger league the following year meaning the two scenarios are not like for like comparisons. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Should dual registration players be allowed to play in the MPG? 

Leeds’s players are giving Fev a chance in this game 

Rules are rules. If they can play all season then they should also be allowed to play in the MPG.

3 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

The Championhip system is different to the the SL I think.  But there is a different logic to promotion and doing it with a play off is flawed.  There is no play off for relegation either. 

There used to be , we got rid of it 

3 hours ago, Dunbar said:

What I find strange is the inability of people to comprehend the fact that the promoted team needs to survive a full season in a stronger league the following year meaning the two scenarios are not like for like comparisons. 

So are you saying that the team who finished top should have been promoted whoever it was.

8 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

So are you saying that the team who finished top should have been promoted whoever it was.

I have been pretty clear during all this that I am not offering my opinion on who should be promoted, just that there is a difference between the Super League and Championship despite the same system being used. That difference is the consequence of what happens the following year. Because of this, I think you can discuss the two without being considered a hypocrite. 

As you have asked my opinion. I believe whoever is the champion team should be promoted and if the top 5 play off is used to decide the champion team then whoever wins the play off's should be promoted. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

22 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I have been pretty clear during all this that I am not offering my opinion on who should be promoted, just that there is a difference between the Super League and Championship despite the same system being used. That difference is the consequence of what happens the following year. Because of this, I think you can discuss the two without being considered a hypocrite. 

As you have asked my opinion. I believe whoever is the champion team should be promoted and if the top 5 play off is used to decide the champion team then whoever wins the play off's should be promoted. 

As I put , if the single consideration is SL , then it's licencing , if it's a genuine ' test ' of who is best prepared on the pitch it's the 8s , we've decided on neither 

Did Mr McDermott ever offer an opinion on the 8s ?

Archived