Genuine Question

I don't know the answer:-

SL have said that for all member clubs from 2019 it is complulsory to have a reserve team, is that still the case or have the rules been changed? 

Obviously I am asking that if Toronto gain promotion tonight, will they be held to that decision or given dispensation, does anybody know the answer, has it been mentioned elsewhere?

3 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

It'll be whatever rule applies to Catalans and I understand they aren't running one.

However, IF Toronto get promoted then I don't see why they wouldn't want to run a UK based reserves team.

Catalans reserve side plays in the French Elite 1.

Melbourne Storm have feeder clubs based in different states, Toronto could end up with a similar setup.

9 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Catalans reserve side plays in the French Elite 1.

Melbourne Storm have feeder clubs based in different states, Toronto could end up with a similar setup.

Thats interesting, I didn't realise that through the period of no reserve SL teams Catalans were the only club to continue to run one.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Why would it not be a genuine question, we both know of my dislike of the NA experiment, but it is a something that needs answering, have you anything constructive to add? 

As it's been discussed on numerous threads already it seems strange that you sought the need for this 'genuine' question on tonight of all nights. I suppose you need something to keep you happy on a night like tonight.

Sunshine Coast Falcons and Easts Tigers are both based in Queensland but feeder clubs for Melbourne Storm 

At the end of the 2010 NRL season the Victorian club Melbourne Storm announced an alliance with the Tigers as a feeder club for their NRL side. The partnership with Brisbane Easts Tigers allowed the Melbourne Storm to tap into the Tigers' recruitment and development systems in Queensland, as well as providing a club for young Queenslanders recruited by the Melbourne Storm to play at and develop without having to relocate to Melbourne.

14 minutes ago, Damien said:

As it's been discussed on numerous threads already it seems strange that you sought the need for this 'genuine' question on tonight of all nights. I suppose you need something to keep you happy on a night like tonight.

So whats the answer if I knew I wouldn't ask, I don't think that you know either, I will take it if you do not reply with a statement issued by the governing bodies you definatley don't know and you have just been cackling on again for fhe sake of it, hope I am wrong as I said I am genuinely interested to be educated in the matter.

9 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Sunshine Coast Falcons and Easts Tigers are both based in Queensland but feeder clubs for Melbourne Storm 

At the end of the 2010 NRL season the Victorian club Melbourne Storm announced an alliance with the Tigers as a feeder club for their NRL side. The partnership with Brisbane Easts Tigers allowed the Melbourne Storm to tap into the Tigers' recruitment and development systems in Queensland, as well as providing a club for young Queenslanders recruited by the Melbourne Storm to play at and develop without having to relocate to Melbourne.

So witch clubs would you think they could entice into the pack.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

So c'mon you bastions of Rugby league knowledge tell me the answer. I know I am thick prove that you Damien and dk aren't.

Toronto aren't members of the RFL or SL. They are guest participants, with no votes, no funding and no obligation to do anything but compete in the competition they are invited to compete in. 

Does that help?

I hope Rugby League Cares can do something for those people who will take Toronto's promotion particularly badly. 

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

Toronto aren't members of the RFL or SL. They are guest participants, with no votes, no funding and no obligation to do anything but compete in the competition they are invited to compete in. 

Does that help?

Another poster suggested the same, I asked was he sure, please guide me to where that has officially been stated, or is it your interpretation?

Archived