Toronto hate

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mr Plow said:

Why do some people hate Toronto so much? I don’t get it, this could be a huge step in growing the game, isn’t that what we all want? 

Mostly jealousy , obviously within the Leigh ranks there was the initial player and coaching staff movement , which would have been the same whoever of had been , as I've questioned in the past , if Argyle had bought Leigh as was reported he'd offered to do , what exactly were his intentions ? , One sure we ( Leigh ) fans would have been very happy to be purchased by a billionaire , but if as I suspect , he'd have moved the club to Canada leaving us in L1 as a UK base and feeder club , we might have been a tad upset 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Mostly jealousy , obviously within the Leigh ranks there was the initial player and coaching staff movement , which would have been the same whoever of had been , as I've questioned in the past , if Argyle had bought Leigh as was reported he'd offered to do , what exactly were his intentions ? , One sure we ( Leigh ) fans would have been very happy to be purchased by a billionaire , but if as I suspect , he'd have moved the club to Canada leaving us in L1 as a UK base and feeder club , we might have been a tad upset 

The only bad thing I can think about them is not paying players and peeing other clubs transfer fees. Other than that it’s really exciting 

The majority were very keen for Toronto to get promoted Mr Plow, it could be a game changer for Northern Hemisphere rugby league. There are a few vocal Luddites about but just ignore them, they’re the sort of people who’d find something to moan about if you gave them a winning lottery ticket. 

To be fair Toronto have got to where they are through results on the pitch.

I want them to do well because I envision a separate NA division within a ‘Western’ conference if Ottawa, New York and Montreal can follow their example.

That might alleviate some of the travel concerns for the rest of Northern Hemisphere RL - plus I love a good conferences thread! ?

3 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I want them to do well because I envision a separate NA division within a ‘Western’ conference if Ottawa, New York and Montreal can follow their example.

That might alleviate some of the travel concerns for the rest of Northern Hemisphere RL - plus I love a good conferences thread! ?

Yes, I believe that’s the only way. 

There’s too many impracticalities for Toronto to be the ‘saviours of Super League’.

41 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Why do some people hate Toronto so much? I don’t get it, this could be a huge step in growing the game, isn’t that what we all want? 

38 minutes ago, Damien said:

Fear.

37 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Jealousy. 

Fear and jealousy are terrible things.

They give you ulcers and ulcers make you ill.

The flat cappers and whippet walkers need to wake up to the fact that Rugby League playing numbers are on the slide in the M.62 corridor and the games needs to expand to increase playing numbers

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Yes, I believe that’s the only way. 

There’s too many impracticalities for Toronto to be the ‘saviours of Super League’.

Like what? And nobody is saying they’ll be saviours anyway, SL doesn’t need saving it’s a quality competition. 

Because... because.... NO AWAY FANS! (As opposed to the thousands that travel a few miles down the M62 from places like Huddersfield every week, and despite the fact they get bigger home crowds than some existing SL teams). But still.... NO AWAY FANS ... I can’t believe you haven’t learnt the mantra by now ??

8 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

To be fair Toronto have got to where they are through results on the pitch.

Montreal is a new one. I’d have thought Jacksonville would be an obvious fourth team, then Tampa bay. 

44 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

He'll be along some time tonight when he's finished sticking pins in his Perez doll,you can ask him then,mind you it's often in the early hours when he thinks no one is watching.

Just now, Eddie said:

Like what? And nobody is saying they’ll be saviours anyway, SL doesn’t need saving it’s a quality competition. 

Brian McDermott just said on TV that Super League can’t grow if it continues to be competed for by Northern towns and not big cities like Toronto, so clearly they see themselves as saviours! 

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Brian McDermott just said on TV that Super League can’t grow if it continues to be competed for by Northern towns and not big cities like Toronto, so clearly they see themselves as saviours! 

You’re putting words in his mouth there. He’s not saying saviours but what he’s saying is factually correct. 

Archived