Toronto hate

36 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

That is covered by the £150k+ that each SL club gets next year due to Toronto not getting any central distribution money. Assuming that those clubs don't just pass that money on to players and agents, that is.

A majority of clubs are not known for their business acumen.

Like i have have posted elsewhere if the TWP get their own TV deal don't be surprised if Super League clubs would try to get some of that money as well.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, The Parksider said:

Mind your own business. Fans of fellow real SL clubs have been our “guests” at matches for many years, come in good numbers, are most welcome, and add a lot to the gate money, atmosphere and match experience. A TWP game will be “one to miss”.

What’s remarkable about a $Billionaire using $Millions buying in professionals from here to beat small part time clubs? In 2002 Fartown won every Championship game to go up.

They can’t. Perez said this year it isn’t easy, Argyle doesn’t even try, even TWP fans o?n here concede they won’t produce any players for many many years to come, and Canada RU is actively working against any RL development. They willl remain a Manchester based English team...Oh whoopeee.

Jeez how many times? To produce Canadian SL players and a Canadian TV deal. Neither happened or will happen.

Red Herring  A.K.A. Ignoratio elenchi   beside the point,  irrelevant thesis.

Description: Attempting to redirect the argument to another issue to which the person doing the redirecting can better respond. The deliberate diversion of attention with the intention of trying to abandon the original argument that TWP in reality offered the game TV money and Canadian players to get accepted to the RFL. Not crowds. Especially if they don't come here......

Again Fartown won every Championship game to go up and the following season they came 10th. and lost 16 games.

This is why TWP just need to get in SL then they will either deliver and save the game here or be exposed for what they are i,e, a Huddersfield without any player development or TV deal. What they aren't is glamorous, or the future of the game here.

Time for the game as a whole to have an open and honest public discussion about this beyond this small  talking shop we don't need Ottawa next.

Really that's a new one on me. So we are expecting Canadian players after only a year or so? What cobblers. Where was this mentioned, evidence?

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

What’s remarkable about a $Billionaire using $Millions buying in professionals from here to beat small part time clubs? 

I'd say it's remarkable that he could be bothered in this atmosphere of negativity created by people who see nothing but the decline and ultimate disappearance of the sport. 

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

What’s remarkable about a $Billionaire using $Millions buying in professionals from here to beat small part time clubs? 

I'd say it's remarkable that he could be bothered in this atmosphere of negativity created by people who see nothing but the decline and ultimate disappearance of the sport. 

It is so unrealistic to expect TWP to have strong player development when they have been denied any central funding which they would have used to do just that...it is illogical.

I myself am surprised that Argyle would do it considering the way he has been treated...possibly the most hostile environment for expansion on the face of the planet...crazy.

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

It is so unrealistic to expect TWP to have strong player development when they have been denied any central funding which they would have used to do just that...it is illogical.

I myself am surprised that Argyle would do it considering the way he has been treated...possibly the most hostile environment for expansion on the face of the planet...crazy.

He is Australian. If you want to see hostile try operating a business there.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

That is covered by the £150k+ that each SL club gets next year due to Toronto not getting any central distribution money. Assuming that those clubs don't just pass that money on to players and agents, that is.

Not quite. According to an article by the CBC, part of the SL demand is that Wolfpack also continue with the arrangement to pay flights and accommodation for visiting teams for one more year.

Taking blood out of both arms.

2 minutes ago, Loup said:

Not quite. According to an article by the CBC, part of the SL demand is that Wolfpack also continue with the arrangement to pay flights and accommodation for visiting teams for one more year.

Martin Vickers confirms this on the backchat episodes from last week.

I'm telling ya Argyle will go balls out to promote our games and everything Toronto so come TV negotiations we will be a big part of the bargaining chip and he'll demand equal status then.

6 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

a portion of the money is being pit into the SL budget for marketing and such and the rest will be spent on an import players.

the Hudersfield owner talked about this in last weeks backchat, not the imports but that's just a given.

5 minutes ago, Loup said:

It mentioned that the Air Transat deal has been renewed. Air Canada must see significant value in the partnership.  

Now that TWP are in Super League, it will also be possible to attract a bigger sponsorship.  Any of the Canadian Big 5 Banks have major interests in the UK?  

1 minute ago, CanadianRugger said:

It mentioned that the Air Transat deal has been renewed. Air Canada must see significant value in the partnership.  

Now that TWP are in Super League, it will also be possible to attract a bigger sponsorship.  Any of the Canadian Big 5 Banks have major interests in the UK?  

Lots of them have London offices!  

1 minute ago, TboneFromTO said:

Lots of them have London offices!  

Scotiabank could be a good fit, they are a dominant bank in the Caribbean and Central/South America and could partner well with Air Transat.

4 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

NO ONE has interest in the UK until Brexit it sorted, but that's for another thread.

Great news about Air Transat. we're just getting to the big league wit the larger followings so now's the best time for the deal.

1 minute ago, CanadianRugger said:

Expectation of 300-1,000 away fans visiting each home game, and Air Transat is in the vacation business. The number of paying passengers increases in Super League yet the number of players & support staff will be the same as before. A good win for Air Transat/Air Canada. Wasn't it always an in-kind sponsorship anyway?

After the free year ends (i.e., not free to Wolfpack), I'm hoping that Super League has the nous to create its own deal with AT.

12 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

Fantastic news.

Strange though because I'm sure a number of people on here said there was no way it would be renewed and it was going to be another reason why Toronto would struggle.

2 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

I think that those figures on away support are slightly hopeful..........maybe in the first year.  

That's what the fans are telling us. We've had 200+ from a few of the Championship teams.

You'll get a bump in the first year with the novelty factor but i would not expect a large increase on your bigger Championship bookings after that.  RL fans have a habit of not turning up to anything that isn't covered by their season ticket.

And after they've been once they can always watch it on tv next time.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

7 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

You'll get a bump in the first year with the novelty factor but i would not expect a large increase on your bigger Championship bookings after that.  RL fans have a habit of not turning up to anything that isn't covered by their season ticket.

Maybe not to the same tired locations in England which they may sometimes go to 2 or 3 times a season. They do though have a habit of turning up to locations overseas, whether that is Perpignan, Barcelona or Sydney.

37 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

no issues with that, we can fill the stadium ourselves. You are always welcome at Lamport...but you're not budgeted for.

10 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

no issues with that, we can fill the stadium ourselves. You are always welcome at Lamport...but you're not budgeted for.

Glad to hear your expensive squad of superstars and flight costs aren't reliant on away fan ticket sales ?

All the best for next season

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Archived