Toronto hate

1 minute ago, tuutaisrambo said:

Glad to hear your expensive squad of superstars and flight costs aren't reliant on away fan ticket sales ?

All the best for next season

I'm happy that fact made you happy.

But I'm worried this next one will blow your mind so maybe sit down.

Air Transat...that name on our jerseys....pays for all the flights!!!! legit! No money spent by us...imagine that...getting a sponsor that's not Nigel's hardware down the road eh? Craziest thing having major sponsors...you guys should really give it a go...its great.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

image.png.36d822b4170dd60b1932196f5803f458.png

Oh dear!

From the Hull Daily Mail, clearly they've not been helping Parky with a bit of support here. Or maybe they have.

The media reaction was really high so it's already been good but maybe they don't but national dailies is Humberdside?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

6 hours ago, League of XIII said:

Rugby League fans will... 

Moan when nothing is done to elevate the sport

and/or

Moan when something is done to elevate the sport  

They are not fans.

1 hour ago, Krzzystuff said:

no issues with that, we can fill the stadium ourselves. You are always welcome at Lamport...but you're not budgeted for.

Great answer.

19 minutes ago, Oxford said:

image.png.36d822b4170dd60b1932196f5803f458.png

Oh dear!

From the Hull Daily Mail, clearly they've not been helping Parky with a bit of support here. Or maybe they have.

The media reaction was really high so it's already been good but maybe they don't but national dailies is Humberdside?

Poor Humberside, just another team to kick their ars..es

1 minute ago, fighting irish said:

Poor Humberside, just another team to kick their ars..es

With the squad they're putting together you'd think they'd want to take on the world! Maybe it was all KR fans?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

I'm happy that fact made you happy.

But I'm worried this next one will blow your mind so maybe sit down.

Air Transat...that name on our jerseys....pays for all the flights!!!! legit! No money spent by us...imagine that...getting a sponsor that's not Nigel's hardware down the road eh? Craziest thing having major sponsors...you guys should really give it a go...its great.

I'm sure we'll all have blue chip companies  queuing up to sponsor us now we're associated with you guys?

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

3 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

I'm sure we'll all have blue chip companies  queuing up to sponsor us now we're associated with you guys?

You still have to try to do it yourselves. you have a leg up with being associated with us...but its still in your own hands.

7 hours ago, Loup said:

Expectation of 300-1,000 away fans visiting each home game, and Air Transat is in the vacation business. The number of paying passengers increases in Super League yet the number of players & support staff will be the same as before. A good win for Air Transat/Air Canada. Wasn't it always an in-kind sponsorship anyway?

After the free year ends (i.e., not free to Wolfpack), I'm hoping that Super League has the nous to create its own deal with AT.

Wait until you play Wigan. They won't even travel to home games.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 06/10/2019 at 08:17, Man of Kent said:

Brian McDermott just said on TV that Super League can’t grow if it continues to be competed for by Northern towns and not big cities like Toronto, so clearly they see themselves as saviours! 

Well he would say that wouldn`t he? Didn`t hear him say anything like that all the years he was at Leeds.

I must apologise for providing The Parksider with yet another opportunity to re-arrange his well-known phrases and sayings into another version of his perpetuem mobile. 

Will anyone with the stamina to follow the "why use one word when thousand will do"  Torontophobe posts can enlighten the forum as to The Parksiders vision of the future of the game, please do so. 

All I ever see from him iin response to any post on any subject s a nihilistic anti-Toronto diatribe as if he's lent them some money but not been paid back.

It would be revealing to read his vision for the Toronto-free future of the game here, if he does have one. 

38 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I must apologise for providing The Parksider with yet another opportunity to re-arrange his well-known phrases and sayings into another version of his perpetuem mobile. 

Will anyone with the stamina to follow the "why use one word when thousand will do"  Torontophobe posts can enlighten the forum as to The Parksiders vision of the future of the game, please do so. 

All I ever see from him iin response to any post on any subject s a nihilistic anti-Toronto diatribe as if he's lent them some money but not been paid back.

It would be revealing to read his vision for the Toronto-free future of the game here, if he does have one. 

Toronto.. bad.. steal players.. dont bring tv money.. game ruined

no Toronto.. good.. keep players (though they may go to union instead).. northern game for northern people.. hopefully i die before the game does, but only just.. nurse wheres my medication?.. i remember the war.. can someone pass me a werther's original... BISCUIT!!!

something like that anyway.. whatever it is its balls.

1 hour ago, cookey said:

Who will take the most fans to Toronto? I can see Leeds and Warrington taking around 3,000 each.

That’d be interesting as there won’t be enough room in the stadium if that many want to travel to Toronto.

On 05/10/2019 at 13:25, Mr Plow said:

Why do some people hate Toronto so much? I don’t get it, this could be a huge step in growing the game, isn’t that what we all want? 

dont think people do as long as they play to the same rules as other clubs then alls good, but the patronising commentary from the sky team doesnt help it was very unprofessional on saturday

4 minutes ago, gingdong said:

dont think people do as long as they play to the same rules as other clubs then alls good, but the patronising commentary from the sky team doesnt help it was very unprofessional on saturday

is that a shock... sky commentary is woeful

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

Parky and a vision for the future,2 things I never thought id see written in the same sentence on here.

1 hour ago, Copa said:

That’d be interesting as there won’t be enough room in the stadium if that many want to travel to Toronto.

I am actually quite worried about that tbh. Hope me and my mates can get a ticket! 

Perhaps BMO might be looked at?

2 minutes ago, Canis Lupus said:

John Tory said after the game that the city would be putting in extra seating at Lamport. BMO would be too big and the game day experience people have had at Lamport would disappear. Much better to stay at Lamport and expand the capacity for now.

I agree that may be true but just how much will Lamport be expanded/be expandable. 

You'd imagine home crowds will go up with Super League status - but especially in this first few seasons away following could be massive.

The easiest way is to add seating at the scoreboard end of the ground . Also to work with the city on the numbers allowed in with fire regs. Those you see on matchdays in the VIP and beer garden are in the 9600 capacity . The east and west stands can hold the 9600. there is scope to increase capacity without the adding of extra seats . TWP could significantly increase those able to attend without losing what has been built as a great game day experience for home fans and visitors alike. Bob Hunter has experience in this area and will have already noted what changes need to be made I am sure. Just such a huge jump going up to BMO . It would kill the atmosphere .

4 hours ago, JohnM said:

I've asked him many times and he has absolutely nothing to offer in terms of reversing the decline in participation, spectator numbers, column inches, big moneyed sponsors etc. All he offers is reasons why its impossible to grow the game anywhere in the world. He's not an advocate of rugby league, his comments on the appeal of the game reveal a complete lack of faith in the games future. He is seething with resentment against anyone (anywhere) who shows that it can be done. Ever since his cherished Hunslet club were spurned by the SL/RFL he's harboured a hatred of the game, particularly the successful clubs. He spoke of his outrage and how much of a stir it caused in the town. According to him, the supporters were so upset about 50 of them turned out to protest! If they'd had 3 more, they would have marched on parliament. Ha ha ha. 

Hell hath no fury like a troll scorned. 

Archived