When are the fixtures released?

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

How many away games will Toronto Wolfpack start with? 

I'm assuming all loop TWP home fixtures will be played early season in the UK (or in Europe), so each SL team has one away game in Toronto.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

How many away games will Toronto Wolfpack start 

My team, Wigan, manage to get 8 weeks in summer as away games whilst the pitch is re-laid to appease the local soccer club, so I don't see how a similar dispensation for Toronto is unwarranted.

17 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

My team, Wigan, manage to get 8 weeks in summer as away games whilst the pitch is re-laid to appease the local soccer club, so I don't see how a similar dispensation for Toronto is unwarranted.

Bringing Wigan in as an example is not going to appease the rage...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'd look to have a big opening game at the SkyDome (or Rogers Centre now) since it has a roof, or BMO field if they can deal with the weather in February. Get it going with a bang and sell season tickets for Lamport based on the additional interest.

My fear is they don't have any home games for a while and then their audience don't like the fact that they're not winning so easily (or at all) so don't turn up in as large numbers.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

9 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I'd look to have a big opening game at the SkyDome (or Rogers Centre now) since it has a roof, or BMO field if they can deal with the weather in February. Get it going with a bang and sell season tickets for Lamport based on the additional interest.

My fear is they don't have any home games for a while and then their audience don't like the fact that they're not winning so easily (or at all) so don't turn up in as large numbers.

SkyDome won't happen. They won't remove the pitchers mound now (one reason Argos left)

Toronto fans will support losing teams - they don't tend to be as band wagony as some places

13 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Lets be real we're all looking at when our teams are going across the pond. Any idea when we will find out?

This season's fixtures were announced on 6th November last year.

I do like the idea of the wolfpack trying to put on a large home opener in another to venue. To me, for the tv and fan experience, BMO would be best but the time of year would put off people attending. IMHO, skydome is a bit dull and wouldn’t be good. I’ve been there with 50,000 for a TFC champions league match and it just feels empty and cavernous. Maybe they could try BMO for a summer match with a club from England that will bring a large travelling support?

45 minutes ago, TboneFromTO said:

SkyDome won't happen. They won't remove the pitchers mound now (one reason Argos left)

Toronto fans will support losing teams - they don't tend to be as band wagony as some places

It's a new sport though. Those loyal connections may not have been made in just 3 years. It's easier to walk away from it than the other sports.

Not saying that will happen. It's a great social experiment in a way.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Archived