Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tommygilf

When are the fixtures released?

Recommended Posts

Lets be real we're all looking at when our teams are going across the pond. Any idea when we will find out?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Lets be real we're all looking at when our teams are going across the pond. Any idea when we will find out?

They will be busy trying to work out how a team can have No Home games till late April. 
 

HW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Havenwarrior said:

They will be busy trying to work out how a team can have No Home games till late April. 
 

HW

Presumably the same way that every other club get input into their fixtures? For example, if your landlord said you couldn't play home games for 2 months in Summer, or you had to find a playoff venue at short notice, Super League are typically quite understanding.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Havenwarrior said:

They will be busy trying to work out how a team can have No Home games till late April. 
 

HW

Its not really difficult though is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May be expensive but what about hiring the sky dome for a couple of matches? Nice fully covered roof from memory to keep the fans warm and dry - may get a nice discount and a decent crowd if marketed correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

How many away games will Toronto Wolfpack start with? 

I'm assuming all loop TWP home fixtures will be played early season in the UK (or in Europe), so each SL team has one away game in Toronto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

How many away games will Toronto Wolfpack start 

My team, Wigan, manage to get 8 weeks in summer as away games whilst the pitch is re-laid to appease the local soccer club, so I don't see how a similar dispensation for Toronto is unwarranted.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

My team, Wigan, manage to get 8 weeks in summer as away games whilst the pitch is re-laid to appease the local soccer club, so I don't see how a similar dispensation for Toronto is unwarranted.

Bringing Wigan in as an example is not going to appease the rage...

  • Haha 4

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd look to have a big opening game at the SkyDome (or Rogers Centre now) since it has a roof, or BMO field if they can deal with the weather in February. Get it going with a bang and sell season tickets for Lamport based on the additional interest.

My fear is they don't have any home games for a while and then their audience don't like the fact that they're not winning so easily (or at all) so don't turn up in as large numbers.


Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I'd look to have a big opening game at the SkyDome (or Rogers Centre now) since it has a roof, or BMO field if they can deal with the weather in February. Get it going with a bang and sell season tickets for Lamport based on the additional interest.

My fear is they don't have any home games for a while and then their audience don't like the fact that they're not winning so easily (or at all) so don't turn up in as large numbers.

SkyDome won't happen. They won't remove the pitchers mound now (one reason Argos left)

Toronto fans will support losing teams - they don't tend to be as band wagony as some places

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Lets be real we're all looking at when our teams are going across the pond. Any idea when we will find out?

This season's fixtures were announced on 6th November last year.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like the idea of the wolfpack trying to put on a large home opener in another to venue. To me, for the tv and fan experience, BMO would be best but the time of year would put off people attending. IMHO, skydome is a bit dull and wouldn’t be good. I’ve been there with 50,000 for a TFC champions league match and it just feels empty and cavernous. Maybe they could try BMO for a summer match with a club from England that will bring a large travelling support?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, TboneFromTO said:

SkyDome won't happen. They won't remove the pitchers mound now (one reason Argos left)

Toronto fans will support losing teams - they don't tend to be as band wagony as some places

It's a new sport though. Those loyal connections may not have been made in just 3 years. It's easier to walk away from it than the other sports.

Not saying that will happen. It's a great social experiment in a way.

  • Like 1

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...