formal complaint

tms

It’s just an old saying por meaning a mixture of people from different backgrounds.I don’t think it was meant nastily.The main thing that came across from Sky commentators was mentioning Flat cappers all the time which is great 

10 hours ago, POR said:

didn't see game last night but been told sky  calling FEV butchers bakers and candlestick makers if that's true then hope club puts in a formal complaint  

Nothing to complain about there.  I think it was Baz and personally I think he's alright. Its just a saying and he was making the point that we had done so well given our part time status.  I was more irate at Phil Clarke completely dismissing our chances before the game (oh and Dave Woods / everyone concerned with BBC sport / Martyn Sadler I could go on)

22 hours ago, POR said:

didn't see game last night but been told sky  calling FEV butchers bakers and candlestick makers if that's true then hope club puts in a formal complaint  

It's like when fa cup is on TV and non league play bigger teams they always say that, it's not meant to sound degrading just that they have jobs while the big boys are full time and better paid. 

15 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Nothing to complain about there.  I think it was Baz and personally I think he's alright. Its just a saying and he was making the point that we had done so well given our part time status.  I was more irate at Phil Clarke completely dismissing our chances before the game (oh and Dave Woods / everyone concerned with BBC sport / Martyn Sadler I could go on)

And failing to mention that six of your players are actually full-time.

There was a bit too much of the "poor little Fev" and not enough about how well the team played, full stop.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

To be fair I dont care what anyone says about us, we should be proud of what our team has achieved this season, from were we was in pre season, it's nothing short of a miracle. We will have atleast double the funds available on last season to build again, and already have a very good core of the squad signed on for next season. Barrie mc has nothing against Fev, infact he has a bit of a soft spot for us, mentions us in his autobiography and seen him take time out, to mix with the fans at our games before. 

Archived