18-19 Oct: World Cup 9s (TV)

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Abicus said:

Just announced that Lebanon played two players under age of 18. IRL elected not to disqualify the win against England.

I just listened to that. I’m pleased for them but that’s ######. They broke the rules and should be disqualified. To let them carry on as long as they don’t play those two players from now on makes a nonsense of the rules (regardless of whether or not it’s a stupid rule in the first place!)

I wondered about the Lebanese players when the commentators said some of them were still at school. You have to be 18 to play NRL but I wasn't sure if there was an IRL rule.

How would you feel about complaining that "We wuz robbed because they beat us with 17-year-olds."

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Don’t think we’ve twigged how to do 9s yet. We’re like a 1970s one-day cricket side compared to the modern day.

I think that, just like the mens' game, we start off with a much much bigger player pool so your chances of producing A-list players are better. (Among other reasons, of course)

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Don’t think we’ve twigged how to do 9s yet. We’re like a 1970s one-day cricket side compared to the modern day.

I hope governing bodies stick with it as it’d be exciting to see how it all evolves.

6 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

I think that, just like the mens' game, we start off with a much much bigger player pool so your chances of producing A-list players are better. (Among other reasons, of course)

My post meant the boys and girls but that’s undoubtedly true.

However, I do think we stuffed up by playing the likes of Liam Watts, who’s a very good prop but looks a fish out of water in 9s.

Archived