18-19 Oct: World Cup 9s (TV)

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Copa said:

It’s only a joke if Lebanese people think it’s a joke.

Most of the Tongan and Samoan team have probably never lived in Tonga or Samoa but those nations strongly identify with those teams.

Trust me, 99.9% of people in Lebanon don't know what Rugby is.  

My ex-wife is Lebanese ?

It's a gimmick, but if the Aussies and NRL are happy, then who cares right?

1 hour ago, Farmduck said:

So, it turns out the two 17-year-olds didn't play against England, only against France. Lebanon has lost the points for that game.

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

So they lose the points from the France game but they would have been allowed to keep them if it was England? 

1 hour ago, Farmduck said:

It would depend on whether they used the illegal players. They didn't lose the points for the England game because they didn't use any illegal players in that game.

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I know that but what I mean is, when it was thought the players were used in the England game they decided not to penalise Lebanon but it has seemingly been looked at again and they've found it was france the players were used against, not England, so then they do decide to penalise Lebanon after all.

I'm wondering if the original decision in terms of the England game was challenged and they've looked into all 3 Lebanese games and realised they'd made a mistake with the France game. 

Get a room you two.

Or maybe a wooden hut on a farm.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

16 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

Trust me, 99.9% of people in Lebanon don't know what Rugby is.  

My ex-wife is Lebanese ?

It's a gimmick, but if the Aussies and NRL are happy, then who cares right?

Possibly but all the people who play RL in Lebanon know what it is.   http://www.lebanonrl.com/LRLF

5 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I wish they wouldn't interview the Aussie accented French/English players on Fox! 

Baiteri is the only Aussie in the French team isn't he?

1 minute ago, Farmduck said:

Baiteri is the only Aussie in the French team isn't he?

He was born in Paris and played junior RL in Toulouse until his dad went home to Australia. He's 100% legitimately French.

Dear me.

Jeez, can this get any worse?

Archived